Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)
View Hotel
Coyaba Beach Resort(Grand Anse)
Laluna Hotel(Grand Anse)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom villawasher and dryerping pongsteep walkfull kitchenbreakfast burritogiant chesssmeg fridgemanager markgolf buggyfish tacosbanana breadrum punchwell equipped kitchenhill overlookingmain buildingpaddle boards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at this amazing hotel in April 2012 for our 17th anniversary. When we arrived at Mt. Cinnamon we were greeted and invited to sit down in the very lovely open-air lobby/lounge while they made us a delicious rum punch. After we signed some registration papers, Andre gave us a short tour to help us get oriented and then drove us to our 1 BR villa in the golf cart. The villa was awesome; two-stories with the bedroom with balcony and a large bathroom downstairs and a kitchen, living room, another full bath and large deck upstairs. The décor was so lovely with bright tropical colors. The covered balcony was awesome for chillin’ day or night. The view was AMAZING looking down the hill, along the shoreline, and across to St. Georges. It was so romantic to sit out there at night sipping rum punch, listening to the tree frogs and watching the lights of St. Georges! The only suggestion I would have is to add some loungers to the deck; I ended up sitting in the director style chairs with my feet propped on the railing a lot. The villa also had a washer and dryer and came with a cell phone with a limited amount of minutes. We went by the lobby and paid to add some more minutes, since that was a more economical way to call home than using our iPhone. We also had free wifi in the villa which was nice for staying in touch with our family and keeping up with emails.

All of Mt. Cinnamon’s staff members were warm, gracious, and accommodating. We especially enjoyed one of our housekeepers, Marilyn, who brightened our days with her smiles and laughter. I also want to mention Sarah, Sheldon, Cedric, and Andre as staff who helped make our stay more enjoyable.

The location of Mt. Cinnamon was so convenient, yet the villas being up on the mountainside made it feel peaceful and private. We were able to walk to many restaurants in Grand Anse, as well as Morne Rouge, and we caught the bus near the mall to go into St. Georges. I really appreciated not having to rent a car; on our previous visit we had rented a car, which was pricey, and driving outside the Grand Anse area was kind of scary for us due to the curvy roads and huge drainage trenches on the sides of the roads! It took us around 10-15 minutes to walk to the IGA and Spiceland Mall for groceries. The steps walking back to the villa were killer, but we counted it as our workout for the day!

Another wonderful attribute of Mt. Cinnamon is the beach cabana. You walk through a large lovely garden path to the beach with its large cabana with comfortable seating and couches. It had a bar and they also served lunch. There was a pitcher of ice water from which you could serve yourself, which was nice. There are a couple of shaded day beds with cushions that are first-come first-served (no charge) which was very cool. Also there were loungers with umbrellas both inside and outside a low rope. My husband preferred to sit inside the rope because the beach vendors didn’t walk past it. I didn’t think the beach vendors were too bothersome – they weren’t pushy and they accepted a polite no for an answer. We only ate lunch at the beach cabana once, but it was very tasty and reasonably priced. It was so nice to just saunter over from your beach lounger and have lunch in the shade :-)

One afternoon, Cedric took us out on the Hobie Cat. He’s such a friendly guy – we enjoyed talking and laughing with him. He suggested he take us around to Morne Rouge in the dinghy another day, but unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to do that. As far as water sports go, they also had a canoe available, but the water was kind of choppy while we were there so we were too chicken to try it. We did borrow Mt. Cinnamon’s snorkel gear on our last day there. Unfortunately I wasn’t too impressed with their snorkel gear, nor with the sealife.

We had dinner at Savvy’s for our anniversary on the last night of our trip. Although we were the only patrons that evening, we thoroughly enjoyed the lovely romantic setting, and the service by Sheldon was excellent!

By the way, I didn't get a chance to try out Mt. Cinnamon's spa, but I checked out the spa menu and I thought the prices were very reasonable.

If you like intimate boutique hotels with exceptional service and amazing settings, you can't go wrong with Mt. Cinnamon!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views but more steps to climb.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mommy_needs_RandR
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Imagine an island that is unmarred by commercialism and a villa that has exquisite rooms, views, food and staff. Our villa overlooked the garden pathway to the beach and we could see the town in the distance with the mountains behind it. The villa had two floors, full kitchen, two full bathrooms, living room, wifi, ac, fresh cut flowers everywhere and a balcony where you can eat breakfast, do yoga and have a cocktail....oh and did I mention the views? The beach is a walk through a lush meadow and beautiful gardens. Once you take your short walk through the meadow, you are on a private beach with hammocks, beach chairs, white sand and clear blue turquoise water. The water temperature was perfect. We had lunch at the beach each day with fresh fish and local/American favorites. We had cocktails brought to us and we also got amazing spa services. The massages were amazing. So if you are looking for an easy flight from Miami, no-hassle customs, English speaking native islanders and where US currency is accepted almost everywhere go to Mt Cinnamon Grenada. Oh and the resort is less than 10 minutes from the airport. Easy breezy and a vacation of a lifetime!

Room Tip: Our one bedroom villa was number two.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed here with my stepmother after getting a discounted room rate on sky auction. Unlike many hotels, Mount Cinnamon looked better in person than online: we were expecting a nice room and got an entire villa! The view was spectacular, the landscaping beautiful and the beach only a five minute walk down the hill. The on site restaurant was great- we especially enjoyed the bakes and salt fish for breakfast. Topping everything off, the hotel manager offered us tickets to Grenada's reggae fest for my stepmother's 74th birthday. She loved it, even though she said she didn't understand any of the lyrics. Maybe it was better that way. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Wow!!! What a room we had and a view just stunning, could't be any better. We could see sea from our window laying in the bed. Only few min walking to the beach, where no one on-empty. Perfect spot for couples of a friends trip. Nice staff, good food, green froot and flowers surroundings. This hotel got free: wifi, gym, swiming pool, snorkling staff. They can organize any trip you wish. Everything is not far. Even mall is walking distance. We love it! I hope to go back to this place again soon. Cant wait. Thanks a lot to all those people who made our stay in Mount Cinnamon very romantic and pleasant. And huge thank you to my boyfrend to show me this paradise !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank litovka_anna
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Madam

You are very kind to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Mount Cinnamon. We have a lovely team of staff who all work very hard to ensure everyone enjoys their visit. They will be very pleased to hear your thoughts!

Please do let me know when you plan to return so I can make the arrangements for you. Do also make sure you join our Return Club to benefit from the various benefits when visiting our sister properties.

With warmest wishes
Kisha

Kisha Smith

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I shall never forget my wonderful week at Mount Cinnamon. The staff were always smiling and helpful. The villas were beautiful and immaculate and the bed was incredibly luxurious. The beach was beautiful and we enjoyed many lunch and rum punches at the beach bar. The view from the villa looking over the whole of the Grand Anse beach was stunning.

The lovely island of Grenada is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: All rooms have beautiful rooms. The higher the better, but further to walk from the main building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends