“How much would you expect to pay for a pint in a curry house?”
Review of Bombay Mela

Bombay Mela
Ranked #33 of 66 Restaurants in Redhill
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: With its bright modern decor and a charming patio garden Mela has fast become a regular for discerning locals who appreciate the true taste of Mela's regional Indian food. A large car park on the doorstep makes it very convenient too. Our tasty menu is available for takeout. We can also prepare wraps and finger food for business lunches and private parties. Good service is a high priority at Mela where you'll be greeted warmly and treated like a VIP throughout your visit. From the foothills of the Himalayas to the warm seas of the coast, Mela reflects the hugely varied and inspiring cuisine of India, opening minds and stomachs to more than your usual tikka masala. Colourful, robust in flavour and evocative of the subcontinent, every dish is prepared with care and great attention to detail.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

£5.75 is acceptable here apparently. When I queried this I was given no justification, the receipt was simply thrust in my face confirming my disbelief. The food is good, I can't argue with that but there is no need to rip the customer off with sky high prices for beer.

2  Thank ABax158
Manager G, Manager at Bombay Mela, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi ABax,

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was less than satisfactory. The price of £5.75 is for a 660ml bottle of beer, we're sorry for any offence or inconvenience caused but our prices are clearly stated on our menu. We hope that this has not indefinitely put you off our restaurant and you will try us again soon.

Regards,

Bombay Mela Redhill

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This maybe a tad more expensive than other local curry houses but the quality is worth paying for as you can taste it in the food.

1  Thank fiat500cc
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Visited this place as we were passing, It does not look very inviting from the outside and it looked empty. The guys I was with did not fancy it but as it was raining I just walked in. We were taken to a table at the rear where it was reasonably busy. The setting was nice and the restaurant well decorated. To our surprise the food was lovely and the service just right. We will definately return.

1  Thank DDFarnham
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I have been the restaurant on Sunday with my friends. We was seven people at the corner table. The food we have ordered was good but shank rogan josh was really a fantastic dish from the menu which I have enjoyed the most and the cocktails stress buster . Hope I will be back soon .... Highly recommended @ mela redhill.

1  Thank john s
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We ordered a takeaway from this restaurant and after being passed from person to person, our order arrived without rice and naan bread. After calling the restaurant, they refused to accept any responsibility of fault on their part and wouldn't give any discount on the rice ordered afterwards, the food was cold by the time we got our rice. Very poor service indeed.

2  Thank Naomi I

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was less than satisfactory. We always strive to maintain high levels of service and apologise that this was not the case with your experience. We hope that you will try us again soon as we're constantly improving with customer feedback being the main driver behind this.

Regards,