“Ok Saturday Currry”

Ranked #29 of 66 Restaurants in Redhill
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: With its bright modern decor and a charming patio garden Mela has fast become a regular for discerning locals who appreciate the true taste of Mela's regional Indian food. A large car park on the doorstep makes it very convenient too. Our tasty menu is available for takeout. We can also prepare wraps and finger food for business lunches and private parties. Good service is a high priority at Mela where you'll be greeted warmly and treated like a VIP throughout your visit. From the foothills of the Himalayas to the warm seas of the coast, Mela reflects the hugely varied and inspiring cuisine of India, opening minds and stomachs to more than your usual tikka masala. Colourful, robust in flavour and evocative of the subcontinent, every dish is prepared with care and great attention to detail.
London, United Kingdom
“Ok Saturday Currry”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Nice place but food need to improve. My chicken Tandoori was not hot and the rise need more salt. The curry was pleasant. I will try again in a little while.....

1 Thank Albert D

London, United Kingdom
“How much would you expect to pay for a pint in a curry house?”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

£5.75 is acceptable here apparently. When I queried this I was given no justification, the receipt was simply thrust in my face confirming my disbelief. The food is good, I can't argue with that but there is no need to rip the customer off with sky high prices for beer.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank ABax158
Manager G, Manager at Bombay Mela, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi ABax,

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was less than satisfactory. The price of £5.75 is for a 660ml bottle of beer, we're sorry for any offence or inconvenience caused but our prices are clearly stated on our menu. We hope that this has not indefinitely put you off our restaurant and you will try us again soon.

Regards,

Bombay Mela Redhill
surrey
“Takeaway review”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This maybe a tad more expensive than other local curry houses but the quality is worth paying for as you can taste it in the food.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank fiat500cc
Farnham
“Surprisingly good - dont judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Visited this place as we were passing, It does not look very inviting from the outside and it looked empty. The guys I was with did not fancy it but as it was raining I just walked in. We were taken to a table at the rear where it was reasonably busy. The setting was nice and the restaurant well decorated. To our surprise the food was lovely and the service just right. We will definately return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DDFarnham
Reigate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food and best cocktails”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I have been the restaurant on Sunday with my friends. We was seven people at the corner table. The food we have ordered was good but shank rogan josh was really a fantastic dish from the menu which I have enjoyed the most and the cocktails stress buster . Hope I will be back soon .... Highly recommended @ mela redhill.

1 Thank john s