Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Than K
Singapore, Singapore

Wonderful Holiday Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jul 2012
Stayed in the Sunshine Day on last weekend, very clear blue sky and beautiful view from our seaview villa. All is almost perfect, very warm welcome since take off the speed boat until check-in in villa. We got the most beautiful view from the bedroom and all in villa is excellence.

All outlet in the property has its own style and staff are lovely and very helpful ( Top Quality of Service Mind !! ) we love everything in this property. Didn't want to leave !!

Thank you GM, Hotel Manager and all staff for making our holiday become the most memorable moment and lots of happiness.
Date of stay: July 2012
Room Tip: Seaview Villa is highly recommend
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 17 Aug 2012
Dear Than K,

Thank you for your kind sharing an experience with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay is full of “Luxury Collection” experiences: from the impression upon arrival, essential hospitality services through at the departure ritual.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island in a near future.

£281
    £117
5.3 miles from The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
View more hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
1,738 results
All reviews z bar steam room private pool six senses free ice cream tropical villa grill restaurant sea view villa private island ao po grand marina main island phang nga bay outdoor bathtub executive chef main pool ice room local village
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed in the rainy season but still plenty of sunshine, sky was clear with turquoise water. Every details were close to perfection. The villa was spacious with private pool and spectecular view. The main pool was so beautiful, fitness center was great and the service was excellence!!! Every staff were full of hearty smile, they were a big part of this memorable stay. Totally relaxing !!!

By the way, the food was OK but not that special and a bit costly.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nats S
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Natssant,

Appreciate your kind sharing an experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoy staying at The Naka island especially villa, the private pool, mail pool, fitness centre and the hospitality services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island in a near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I just spent three(3) nights at this resort with my family. My objective of this trip is to get away from busy city living to a peaceful, quiet and relax environment. Given that June is the low season and with frequent showers, this is indeed a very nice destination. The general environment, garden landscape and fairly calm beach are all very well maintained. With the frequent but short rain showers, the quiet resort is even more peaceful and a touch cooler. My three nights get away come with a price tag excluding airfare of just under 80,000 baht which includes accommodation, food and spa treatment for my wife and myself. I stayed in villa 10 with enclosed bathroom, not much of insect issues with me and my family.

The following areas are in need of improvement:
1. Electrical wiring and air con are quite old. Too many buttons all over for different lightings and is a bit frustrating to figure out which button for which light. Air con is rather noisy when we try to increase the fan speed.

2. The food selection is below satisfactory for a resort of this stature. I understand this is low season and the resort cannot afford to stock many variety for limited number of guest. I suggest for F&B department to think creativity for low season guest because Thailand has so many delicious food selection. Example, get the guest during low season to pre-order their food in advance or have a Friday night festiva at the multi purpose room invite outside vendors of food and fruits to sell.

3. There should be more stone tablets on the ground for the walkway into the villa. Having to walk on sand will result in bringing some of the sand into the villa and making that messy.

4. I encountered some communication problem over the phone with the customer service operator. I asked for fried mixed veggie but fried spring rolls were delivered. I asked for evening turn down service and some extra drinking water but staff came with the water and went off without the turn down service. In some hotels, they perform a call back service to ensure the service is rendered to the satisfaction of the customer. Perhaps, naka island resort might want to implement this to ensure service standard.

5. I find the spa room is way too bright during the day for a really relax massage.

I am overall happy with my stay. I will return if the above imrpovements are made.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank cokezero100

Dear cokezero100,

Appreciate your kind sharing an experience with us, your kind comment is very important for us to improve an exceptional service according to the brand standard of Luxury Collection. We have noted the areas of improvement and we will look into them accordingly.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Hey, i stayed here for 4 nights last month and am so glad I discovered this place.........Absolutely superb property, superb location and the magniifciient villa..........really loved being there .One of the biggest positives for this location is its close proximity to Phuket town and the 24/7 ferry service. It was so wonderful returning from Phuket at 1am in the night to our own oblivion. Not to forget, the huge and wonderful spa............it is one of the biggest and best I have ever been to !!!

Unfortunately, cannot say the same for the service !!! I was left wondering who gave them jobs in such a wonderful property like this !!! In the whole property, I suddenly used to feel annoyed once I reached the Concierge service area.......Mr Pol and Miss Trisha (dont remember the exact name) always talked as if they were doing so much of favor sitting there !! I can talk in breadth of their unprofessional behavior on many occassions but would leave it for now ........ but wanted to mention them still, since everything and everyone else were so perfect !!! Especially after having enjoyed Koh Yao Yai recently where the hospitality was just out of the world !!

All in all, a lovely resort !!! The only concern is the concierge which the management should look into !!

Date of stay: April 2012
3  Thank mundasachin
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear mundasachin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay on Naka Island, especially your villa and the proximity of the island to the Phuket Island. We have investigated and looked further into your comments as naturally we were concerned. During your stay you requested discounts on the longtail boat service with a few different staff members from the Concierge department and they informed you that we are unable to provide discounts on this service as they are owned and operated by a third party. We have addressed this with the staff concerned in terms of their delivery of that message, which is that the hotel nor any of its staff members is able to extend discounts on services offered by third party companies. We hope you understand this and apologize for any inconvenience caused. As you enjoyed your stay we look forward to welcoming you back to the Naka Island in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

This was a fantastic resort to cap off a two-week vacation. We arrived here after visiting Sydney and the Blue Mountains. What a transition from rustic to resort.

The food was actually very good - despite some others complaints. We found that there was plenty to do, but we were mostly lounging at the pool or in our private villa pool.

Booking activities was very easy and the resort allowed us to put everything on the room - including the private longboat we rented to snorkel and island hop. The spa was wonderful and massive. I could have spent a whole day there.

The only issues we had were with billing. Prior to our arrival we received three different reservation confirmations all showing a different number of in-room guests and total costs. We brought it to the hotel manager's attention and she promptly fixed it and gave us the lower of the rates.

I cannot say enough about the resort and the trip. I highly recommend it. It is likely we will end up here after our next two week venture to Australia or Asia.

Date of stay: March 2012

Dear bmcmybuddy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay on Naka Island especially the food and your villa. We look forward to welcoming you back to Naka Island in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Naka island resort for 4 nights. The experience was overall very positive. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a very quiet place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Phuket.

WATCH OUTS - the island is extremely lush and secluded. This means two things (1) transport to / from Phuket main island can get expensive with speed boat (2) watch out for mosquitoes in the evenings.

VALUE - This resort is relatively new and we stayed using SPG points. (So I can't speak to the value of the $ spent. But I believe the range or price per room is anywhere from $300-$600, depending on timing and villa type.)

PROPERTY - We had a beach front villa. Our villa was amazing... the view wasn't the best (can't really see beach) but the villa was huge. The villa had a huge bedroom, outside sitting area, a dipping pool, a sala by the pool, and then an additional enclose-able all purpose sala. (We didn't use the enclose-able all purpose sala because the rest of the villa kept us busy.) The villa also had a very big bathroom with one indoor shower, one outdoor shower, and an outdoor soaking tub. The villa is very private given all the lushness of greenery around it. Our entire villa was about 5,000 sq ft... which was way more space we needed.

RESTAURANT - there are two restaurants on the island and both have great food. This is important because you really don't have a lot of choices unless you want to spend the $ and go back to Phuket town for dinner... The food at the restaurants are reasonably priced too. They are not overly pricey. average of ~$15-20 per dish for entree. There is also a bar which serves all sorts of cocktails and drinks. The bar offers amazing view even though the drinks are on the pricey side. The food menu is limited in the bar, but you can order food from either restaurant, and have it delivered to the bar if you like.

EXCURSION - the resort works with outside companies to provide excursion options to visitors. We opt'ed for the Phi Phi island one day trip. It was extremely underwhelming... But since this is not a review of the excursion, but rather review of the resort, I'll leave this part out. My only recommendation for the visitors... make sure you ask around to see if anyone else recently went on the excursion you have in mind and get their feedback.

NATURAL BEAUTY - the island is full of wild life. So if you are the type that gets scared by a frog or lizard, this is NOT the place for you. I really enjoyed listening to the cicadas singing in the afternoon and an occasional frog or two hopping around. For me, that's what made this trip priceless. I would recommend the resort management continue to work on mosquito and insect control but please be environmentally friendly and responsible about the process. The island is an unique beauty and I think having a frog or two around is very charming (and they also eat the bugs.)

Room tip: Ask for villa with enclosed bathroom.
Date of stay: May 2012
4  Thank weyst1

Dear weyst1,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay on Naka Island especially your villa, pool and food. Rest assured we deploy a number of pest control measures which do not harm nor alter the local ecosystem. We look forward to welcoming you back to Naka Island in the near future.