Lowest prices for your stay
US$217
Orbitz.com
LuxuryCollectionUS$217
Expedia.comUS$217
1,335 results
All reviews z bar steam room private pool free ice cream tropical villa sea view villa ao po grand marina phang nga bay main island bathroom area grill restaurant main pool small island thai food speedboat transfer outdoor shower our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was a dream trip for me... the villa is HUGE, so much bigger than any other resort of this price range. The lush gardens were also beautiful. Service was faultless for me at least, everyone made an effort to smile and greet us. They were also prompt when issues crept up. For example the air conditioner stopped working one night. I called reception and it was fixed within 5 minutes, despite the 'far flung' location of my villa. There is wildlife here but not much — a snail would dip itself in our pool nightly, and I caught a HUGE spider that scurried out of sight in our bedroom, but luckily nothing unpleasant ensued.

The staff who cleaned our room came twice a day ... replacing our water bottles and taking up/putting down the blinds, lighting candles, etc. this part was really lovely... and surely luxurious ....

Food was pretty good although I think breakfast could have been slightly more interesting (the sprouts salad got a bit boring after day 1). I recommend scooting over to Tenta Nakara for a different experience — the beach over there is more wild remote (caught a picture of a crab) and the food freaking awesome (300Baht per way). Z bar's tapas buffet should also not be missed, although the variety isn't very wide, every dish is scrumptious!!! I also caught my first purple sunset on the naka island beach... i almost cried, it was so beautiful...... there were also ghost crabs racing away from me... But sadly that was the only beautiful sunset of my stay as the sky was obscured by clouds the rest of the evenings...

I love the shared pool too, not huge but fun and the view from there is spectacular!!! But strangely, no-one came to take our order for food or drinks... but they did give us towels... The gym looks well equipped too but since I was on a holiday I didn't use it.

My boyfriend met someone really nice, Mr Pol who told him all about the island and when we could go kayaking (we did not eventually :( )

2 things I wish could have been better
- 1 the bicycles were rusty and could not be used given the terrain.. such a pity!
- 2 the common washrooms are not airconditioned and thus sweltering... Making them air conditioned would up their luxury quotient for sure

Room tip: Go during low season to get better villas. I stayed at room 17 (tropical villa) which had a humongous pool for a villa and a big big garden...............
3  Thank workawhorlic
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear workawhorlic,

Thank you for staying with us.
I truly appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel facilities and service. Your kind words will be shared to the entire team especially Mr Pol and the housekeeping team who serviced your villa. I am sure they will be delighted to know their work is highly recognized.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another dream trip at The Naka Island A Luxury Collection Resort, Phuket.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife surprised me with a two night stay at this gorgeous resort! Love some of the staff, including Wat (F&B Manager), Franka, the girl from Paris (sorry forgot her name) and especially Tik in the spa who gave me such a great massage that I booked her for four more hours over two days!

The resort facilities, particularly the villas, are AMAZING. Definitely recommend the spa for treatments, taking a kayak around the island (bring cash so you can stop at the beach bar on the other side), Z Bar for sunset cocktails and tapas.

The restaurants (other than Z Bar) are fairly average. The Grill is supposedly more upscale than the main restaurant but seemed exactly the same to us. The service at the pool was great so we ate lunch there instead!

Only two disappointments. The spa receptionist didn't give us a tour or explain where to go or what the process would be so we wandered around on our own. The restaurant manager didn't explain that the buffet included choice of items off a separate menu prepared to order. So we fumbled our way through the first day.

Our villa was incredible...but the highlight of the trip was that Wat in F&B volunteered to show us the Royal Villa. It is absolutely the best we have ever seen. Perhaps someday we will go back and really splurge!

Room tip: splurge and get an ocean view villa!
2  Thank David R

Dear David R,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our gorgeous resort and spa. Moreover, I am delighted to read about the positive interactions you had during your visit with many of our staff and I will personally compliment each one of them. I am sure that they would be happy to welcome you back and to service you once again on your future visits. Maybe then at our Royal Horizon Villa.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Great place..the resort has been rebranded and I could see the change for better ..great luxury villas with an amazing view...I could not have asked for more. The villas have private pools and are spacious..great facilities and a spectacular view..u will just say wow when you watch the sun set at the Z Bar. The staff does make an effort to ensure that your stay is memorable and comfortablem but they are rough on the edges..need some work but must visit place for your next holiday desitination...you wouls fall in love with your better half again..

Room tip: Just go for the villas with a clear view of the sea..its an amazing view...Villas 50 - 61 just amazing view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AshwaniA

Dear AshwaniA,

Thank you for your kind sharing a “Luxury Collection” experience with us. We are pleased to hear that your exceptional holiday is fulfilled with the iconic of our enriching The Naka Island.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island for an enchanting trip in a near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We spent 6 days in Phuket to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary,For the first two nights we stayed in Westin Siray Bay,and then we moved to The Naka Island and spent three nights here.I would rather spend the whole trip in The Naka Island if I have the second chance!The Naka Island is terrific,with primeval style,very impressive!

We booked the private car service(from Westin to Ao Po Grand Marina)and speedboat service from the resort,2000 Baht per way,price is accceptable.

When we arrived The Naka Island,the reception greeted us on the jetty.Firstly,she drove us to the entrance of the island where there was a gong,she let us get off the buggy and invited us to strike the gong.After we struck the gong,she gave us the welcome drink and flower bangles.I thought this was their special ceremony,very interesting!

After the ceremony,the reception drove us to our villa.On the road,she showed us around the resort.When we arrived the villa,she showed us around the villa and completed the check-in in the villa directly.That's very considerate!

Our villa was Tropical Villa with private pool.It was very very large,primeval,clean,comfortable,beautiful and interesting!At the entrance of the villa,there was a stone with two expressions,one side was sleeping face,the other side was awake,it instead of the "DO NOT DISTURB" button,so lovely! Instead of the electric bell,there was a rope at the entrance,pull it,and then the bell in the villa would ring,very original!The private outdoor sala and pool looked great,we loved them a lot!There was a chess desk in the sala and the chess was in the drawer of nightstand,that may be good for chess hobbyists.There was a steam room in villa,very nice,love it!The bed is comfortable!We do love the indoor and outdoor day bed!We loved to lay on the day bed to chat or watch TV,very comfortable,very relaxing! .The bathroom,toilet and dressing area were outdoor,to be honest,at first I felt embarrassing and worried about the problem of insects.The 2nd day,I met a very very large scorpion in front of the steam room,I was scared and ran back to room immediately! I told my hubby,he went to the bathroom to see if the scorpion still there,when he was opening the room's door,we found that the scorpion already moved to the entrance of outdoor bathroom and then disappeared in the underbrush.Although we were frightened by the scorpion(we call it "scorpion king"),but we still thought it was a very special and interesting experience,we regret that we didnot take a picture with the scorpion at that moment!(^_^!!) By the way,if the villa with enclosed bathroom and toilet,that will be more perfect for me! Every villa had two bicycles,we rode bicycles to the facilities or to explore the local village.

Most of the resort's facilities were near the beach,such as concierge,library,fitness center,gift shop,restaurants,plubic pool,etc.There were a few books and DVDs for borrow in the library.Most of the time there were no staff in the gift shop,the door was close,even it was during the open time,sometimes it would hang a block to advise you contact the Spa,that was a little bit queer!At the 3rd day,the door was open finally and there was a staff seating in it,so we took a look in the shop.It sold the souvenirs,most of them were well priced.We bought two Naka Island postcards,only 30 Baht for each!Because the shop didnot sell the stamps and we wanted to post them from the resort's post box,so we contacted the concierge,they said they could help us to post it and we only needed to pay them 20 Baht for each postcard,that's reasonable! I hope that we will receive them very soon!!Public pool was very beautiful,there were some sun lounge chairs in the pool,sometimes we layed on the sun lounge chairs and gazed out to the sea,so relaxing!!

The beach looked beautiful,the sea was clean and blue, the sand was fine and white,but there were a lot of shells and stones on the beach.

There were two restaurants in the resort,Tonsai and My Grill.We just tried Tonsai restaurant.First night,we tried the Thai buffet dinner,most of the foods were tasty,especially the grilled shrimps and crabs.There was Thai traditional dance performance,very interesting!At the end of the dinner,the staff gave us a cake for our wedding anniverary,so sweet!!At the second and third night,the restaurant just provided A la Carte,so we ordered the Thai food from their menu,most of them were very delicious.The price was acceptable.At the first and second night,the staff gave us the welcome drink and the cool towels once we sat down and gave us complimentary water,but the third night,the staff didnot provide the welcome drink and the cool towels(the other guest had) ,they also didn't gave us complimentary water and gave us a bottle of mineral water(need charge),to be honest,it made us feel neglected at that moment.Overall,the service of Tonai is just OK,I think the staff should treat every guest as an equal.

At the first day,the reception had mentioned that Z Bar which is situated beachside was the perfect location to see the sunset.At the 3rd day afternoon,we went to Z Bar,lay on the day bed with the perfect sunset view,terrific!The drink and the tapas were great!We got very good service from Mr Su,he was very nice,enthusiastic,smart and helpful.

The resort also provides some activities every day,most of them sounds very interesting.I will suggest to get the schedule of the activities when you arrive,so that you will not miss them!During our stay,we joined their 2 activities,one was DIY Thai ice pops,the other was squid fishing,both of them were interesting!

Last but not least the service of the resort was prompt and excellent,most of the staffs were friendly,helpful,attentive and with sincere smile!

We do love The Naka Island,it's awesome and exceed our expectation!Highly recommend!Will we go back to The Naka Island?Definitely yes!

5  Thank penelopeleung1985

Dear Penelope L,

Thank you for your very detailed review about our resort facilities and service. This is certainly extremely helpful to our future guests. Your excellent comments will be shared to the entire team and our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome experience at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort, Phuket.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed in the Sunshine Day on last weekend, very clear blue sky and beautiful view from our seaview villa. All is almost perfect, very warm welcome since take off the speed boat until check-in in villa. We got the most beautiful view from the bedroom and all in villa is excellence.

All outlet in the property has its own style and staff are lovely and very helpful ( Top Quality of Service Mind !! ) we love everything in this property. Didn't want to leave !!

Thank you GM, Hotel Manager and all staff for making our holiday become the most memorable moment and lots of happiness.

Room tip: Seaview Villa is highly recommend
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Than K,

Thank you for your kind sharing an experience with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay is full of “Luxury Collection” experiences: from the impression upon arrival, essential hospitality services through at the departure ritual.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island in a near future.