Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Henrik K
Moscow, Russia

Like Paradise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Oct 2012
This was the comments of both my sons (10,14) when arricving on the island, and what can be more gratifying for a parent.Even with hgh occupancy you feel like Robinson, except that pure luxury awaits you. The Villas are like small Japanese castles, with an inner garden, an outer gargen, and outside walls, so nobody can watch you. The plunge pool looks as if it was formed out of one giant rock, and ceiling-ventilators cool you of even when lying in the pool-Bale.
Early morning walks or late fternoon Kayaking arund the islands give you the feeling of owning your own little island. The maintenance burden for the whole property must be enormous.
Prices during off-season are tolerable, and represent a great value.
Date of stay: July 2012
Room Tip: Best views at the far end of the island, next to "Z" Bar.
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 10 Oct 2012
Dear Exilschwab,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Phuket.

I am happy to know that you and your family have spent some quality time at our paradise and enjoyed kayaking around the Naka Island. We would also recommend experiencing the squid fishing as a destination discovery during your next visit to our resort & spa and I certainly agreed with you that the stunning views from Z Bar are highly recommended, especially during sunset.

We look forward to welcome you back for another unforgettable experience in the near future.

• Lol.travel
Pool
  • Algotels
0.0 miles from The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
Pool
Contact accommodation for availability.
7.4 miles from The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
View more hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
1,738 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We have stayed in this hotel back to Feb this year for our honeymoon, this is an amazing hotel! it is very private and we did enjoyed very much in this hotel. Cycling and kayak were the best enjoyed part during the stays :) Personally love the seaview private pool and the sunset.
Room is very nice, clean and huge.

The hotel has given the free sparkling wine & brownies as well as the boat transfer from jetty to hotel. Appreciated for the arrangement!

Last part, great staff and services provided! Price is worth and we would definitely come back in someday soon :)

by Susan, Malaysia

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank susan_511812
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear susan_511812,

Thank you for sharing your memorable stay with us at The Naka Island A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.
I am glad to know that your honeymoon in February was unforgettable and that you have enjoyed the cycling and kayaking activity. The team is also very proud on your comments about our great staff and the Luxury Collection services provided.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Naka Island resort was our special splurge luxury getaway on our trip to Phuket and it didn't disappoint at all. What a beautiful resort!
I remember when they came to pick us up from the mainland on the small speedboat. As we pulled up to the island, I was just in awe. It was paradise. Pulling up to the jetty, I was so excited seeing two beautiful Thai boats with The Naka written on the side. To greet us with smiles was a lovely staff members who then escorted us in a golf buggy off the jetty and to the mainland. Here we were greeted with a welcome drink and asked to hit the gong once each. Off to a great start!

We were then escorted straight to the Administration villa or welcome villa, where we were once again greeted with smiles. Breezing right through our paperwork, we were swiftly escorted to our villa.

We stayed in the Tropical Villa and it was perfection. Each villa has a door that opens up to a beautiful private garden. The garden had a pathway that leads to the room, but also to the back area where we had our own swimming pool, day beds and a shaded area with beds and a table with a chess board.

Inside the rooms are also built into the environment and are very comfortable. I love the Thai style outdoor bathroom and now I would love to live in a home like this. Inside there was a large king size bed, with a mosquito net hanging over it. Each room has air-conditioning, although we found it to be very cooling inside and never turned it on.

I really liked the outdoor Thai style bathroom. It was a great experience walking outside into the outdoor area to wash my face or to use the outdoor shower. There is also the sauna and the toilet, both with doors for privacy. For those who don't like lizards or bugs, this may not be to your liking, but I didn't mind. It's nice to be a part of nature in some manner. At night this area is lit up with candles and incense everywhere making it very pleasant, relaxing and romantic.The same goes for the room.

As expected there was a flat screen television and dvd player for entertainment. Dvd's can be rented at the library - a good selection. As well as tea and coffee making facilities. But why would you want to worry about that when you have that view from the beach!

The main pool is very relaxing, quiet and clean. The service fantastic. Right next to it is a place where you can play Petanque, as well as the gym, which has all the modern equipment you could need.

Now to the restaurants. We only ate at Tonsai as we felt it had a variety, especially for myself being a vegetarian. The head chef, who previously worked at The Savoy in London, was fantastic and personable. He came out and made it a point to introduce himself and ask how we enjoyed the food. He was also the one who took the cooking classes that my fiance attended.
Breakfast at Tonsai was fantastic. What a spread! Did not disappoint at all.
A must is to visit the bar during sunset. Get there early so that you can get a seat overlooking Phang Nga Bay and watch the sunset from there with cocktails and some nibbles. The cocktails are delicious.

All in all, we loved our stay at the Naka. So much so that we have days where we wish we were still there.

Room tip: Doesn't matter where you stay. Every single room and location is fantastic!
Date of stay: February 2012
2  Thank RiavS

Dear RiavS,

Thank you for your very detailed review and your excellent comments on our exclusive resort.
I am extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially our welcome rituals, your private Tropical pool villa and the stunning view and cocktails at the Z Bar.
Your valued compliments on our breakfast and food selection will certainly help potential future guests and be shared with our Food and Beverage Team. I am sure that they appreciate the recognition that you have given to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Phuket.

We look forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay soon in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The Naka Island is an "All Villa" resort under the Starwood's luxury collection brand, the resort was managed by the Six Senses group before, so it is in rustic, natural style rather than a traditional luxury style. It is very nice for a big Six Senses lover like me as it is charging at a lower price than the previous management.

Each villa is equipped with a private pool, the pool size is moderate, good for chill out by your own. Stayed in a seaview pool villa which is having better privacy than the tropical villa and beach villa.

The beach is a bit disappointed, not the kind of white sandy beaches, that's why we saw most of the guests prefer to stay in the swimming pool. The public pool is very spacious and beautiful designed.

Don't miss the spa, the deco and spa treatments were fantastic.

Be prepared it is an isolated island which is far from the central phuket, if you have a long stay in Phuket, it is definitely worth to reserve few days in Naka Island for a relaxing break.

Room tip: Tropical villa's pool can be seen from the pathway
Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank MRJLII

Dear MRJLII,

Thank you for your generous comments and your kind recommendations about our Public Pool and Spa Naka. This is certainly extremely helpful to our future guests.
I truly understand about your point regarding the beach and I am pleased to inform you that we have implemented a long-term project to conserve our magnificent private beach including the beach cleaning activity we do every week. I also appreciate the time you have taken to review our resort. Your kind comments will be shared with the entire team.

We look forward to welcome you back to The Naka Island A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the resort and had an amazing overall experience. The staff was warm and helpful - just as one would expect from Thai hospitality. We were greeted with a smile wherever we went and all our demands were met dutifully. We had booked a Tropical VIlla but were upgraded to a Sea View villa which had the most beautiful view of the Phang Nga Bay. The room was gorgeous with absolute privacy. The evening turn down service with the candles in the walk way were a nice touch.
The common pool was great and the staff was always at attention to provide us with towels and water. We're vegetarians and ate only at Ton-sai but had enough variety for all 3 days. On one of the days, the food was not upto the mark, and the chefs immediately apologized and offered us a complimentary appetizer and replaced the food. I made a special request for mangosteen fruit one night and the next day it was on our breakfast table. The breakfast spread was also very nice.
A special mention for Minji at the concierge who was very sweet and helpful. She helped us with a very smooth and comfortable check-in. We dropped our camera in water and she was gracious enough to offer us her own to capture the beautiful memories of the resort.
The photos on the website don't do justice to the beauty of the resort. We, most definitely, had a fabulous time and this is the bar at which we shall compare all other resorts in future.

Date of stay: August 2012
4  Thank Niti D
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear nnd d,

Thank you for sharing the perfect experiences you had during your stay with us and it’s great to know that we have set a new bar for you to compare with in the near future.

I am sure your valuable comments on our variety of vegetarian dishes will be a great help for future guests like you. I have also taken note of your kind positive comments to Khun Minji who is certainly one of our star ambassador’s and we will definitely recognise her for this. I am sure she appreciates the recognition that you have given to her and other team members.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here November 2011, pretty soon after it had become a Starwood hotel. I don't think the hotel was very full at the time, but I got the sense that even if it were, you still wouldn't feel the crowds. The villas are each very secluded and quiet.

When the taxi dropped us off at the jetty where the Naka boat was supposed to meet us, there were no signs pointing to where we should wait. There was no boat waiting, either, and we wandered around trying to figure out if we were in the right spot. We probably waited for half-hour, getting hopeful each time a boat pulled up to the dock, before the Naka Island boat finally puttered up. We were a little annoyed by this point, and planned to complain when we arrived onshore.

As soon as we got there, though, we decided to let the incident go. The island is fantastic and we didn't feel like spoiling our experience with complaints. The villas are beautiful, huge, fantastic, definitely one of the most unique and gorgeous places I've ever stayed. The bathroom has a steam room, FFS! The rooms are even better than they look in the photos.

There are some downsides, though...I debated whether to give this place a 4 or 5 star rating, and I think the flaws do merit a little ding. Food was pretty good, but expensive, and you're pretty much stuck eating there. Service, though very friendly, was not the smoothest 5-star experience. For example, every villa should have its own bicycles parked out front; ours did not, and we had to finally ask for ours and got them on our last day. We have SPG Platinum, which usually entitles you to suite or better room upgrades if available; I'm pretty sure there were beachfront and ocean view villas available, but we were given a garden villa. I love ocean view rooms, so was quite disappointed, but I have to say the garden villas gave a different and wonderful experience of being alone in the world, swimming in your personal little pool, reading in your personal pavilion, surrounded by trees.

Oh, the mattress here was fabulous and firm too, I loved it.

We had read that there was a little fishing village and other things to see on the other side of the island, which you can reach by foot or kayak. We really wanted to kayak out and see them, but the concierge first seemed to not know what we were asking about, then said that she couldn't tell us how to get there because of liability issues. I'm not sure what was going on there, but I'm so glad we did end up going ahead and taking out the (free) kayak out. We met the locals of the village and went swimming in a quiet beach area near the village, a highlight of our stay.

As other reviewers have mentioned, you must go to Z Bar and watch the sunset too. Beautiful.

Make sure you bring repellent, the mosquitoes are *vicious* there. I put on repellent constantly but was still bitten all over. Even so, I would absolutely come back for another stay if I'm lucky enough to get the chance. Perhaps the service has become more polished in the months since it's opened too.

Date of stay: November 2011
3  Thank JaneL75
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear JaneL75,

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our private villa facilities, Z Bar and our daily activities at the resort. Apart from kayaking, now we would also recommend to our guests to experience the squid fishing as a destination discovery at The Naka Island.

Furthermore, I appreciate the time you have taken to review our resort. Your kind comments will be shared to the entire team, especially to the front office and concierge ambassadors and I hope that your comments will be helpful to future guests.

I’m sure that our Luxury Collection ambassadors are looking forward to welcome you back and to provide you with our personalized service on your future visits.