My wife and I stayed at the Raddison for a few nights during our honeymoon in Thailand.
Being the most expensive place during the entire stay, we expected a little more for the price.
Check in took 45 minutes, during that time we weren't offered so much as a bottle of water while sweltering in their lobby. Once we got to our room we were pleased with the cleanliness and size of the bed. The view was pretty good as well, although it was partly obstructed by a few villas in front as we were only on the 2nd floor.
The breakfast was really expensive, and we had to ask a few people before we could even get a coffee to the table. The food choices were okay, in true thai style though the bacon was terrible and coffee likewise. 1550thb for 2 of us, we didn't exceed that amount for a day's worth of meals each while anywhere else in the country. These small things aside there was a good atmosphere and the manager popped around to a few tables to make sure everything was suitable.
The pool area and beach are obviously why you'd stay here. It's huge and has plenty of loungers, although you'll have to get there early to get a spot. The sea was almost too hot to walk through at low tide, and it's not much of a swimming beach.
We didn't eat dinner at the resort after seeing the prices. There are a few places straight across the road which are typical thai outdoor restaurants with really good food and cheap drinks.
Cape Panwa really doesn't have much around. Everything is walkable, but it only takes a couple of hours to see it all. The aquarium is the main thing there, and it's pretty average.
We wouldn't stay again, it's too far from anything else. There's no shopping anywhere nearby.
If you're looking for a place to lounge around a pool all day with nice views, it's a good spot.
If you want to do shopping and maybe have some sort of night life, look elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai decor including spacious pool villas, three free-form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterslide, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort Cape Panwa