“relaxing hideaway”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Norwich, United Kingdom
“relaxing hideaway”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A little bit of paradise on a bustling, busy Island. The peace and tranquility of this hotel was wonderful, beautiful beachside Hotel and Spar, with beautiful gardens cascading down onto the beach. The hotel was located on a quiet road 15 minuets drive from the town of Phuket leading to Cape Panwa, free shuttle bus every day into the main shopping areas of Phuket town. The staff and services of this hotel are second to none, they are prepared to go out of their way to make sure you have everything you want. Restaurants are good you have 3 including the pool bar & restaurant, Happy hour twice a day with a good variety of food to order from the restaurants, you can choose to eat in your room or even on the beach, the choice is yours.
The rooms are all a good size with large terrace/ balcony area with plenty of seating.

Room Tip: All rooms look across to the sea, we had a Deluxe room with king size bed on a bed & breakfast b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonia438
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 December 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

Sophia Sumitran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

If you choose this resort you have made the BEST choice. The services and staff are second to none with the, ‘We can do anything’ attitude delivered being a pleasure and exceptional with few resorts/hotels displaying these characteristics. The room and amenities provided are top quality and I can assure you there was no indication of doing things on the cheap. The only negative to our stay was the day we had to leave and say goodbye to a life of luxury. If you hesitate and choose another resort you will be sadly doing yourself and injustice. Make the right choice and decide on the Radisson, you can’t go wrong. Further, for those that think I have an affiliation with this Resort you are gladly mistaken. I have travelled around the world and this property is one of the most luxurious Resorts I have stayed. The Thai staff are the most welcoming and warming people and this is shown by All on everyday of our visit. It was truly a pleasure. Well done Simon Barlow to you and your team.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J G

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 15 December 2013

wonderful facilities and very friendly staff- they would even prepare a nice freddo coffee at the breakfast buffet . Food/ drinks on site really top quality although a little bit pricy vs. the average cost on the island. Also in terms of location is a little bit isolated but there is a shuttle to the city and patong so if you want to go around it is possible.
We had a really nice time and it is the ideal place to relax if you are after a calm holiday. fully recommended and would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here going off basis that they had mentioned - shuttle to Patong and google maps giving me the impression that it was a simple 20 minute drive. No. I was wrong.

As beautiful as it is, I would not stay here again. Being a 20 year old and staying with my boyfriend - we were very annoyed that we had to get taxi every where. We wanted waking distance.

I must mention though how lovely the restaurant across the road is. Friendly staff, cheap food and drinks and from what we assumed, family owned. We never actually ate at the hotel as you maybe could pay 300baht just for a rice dish when it's about 90baht for same thing over the road.

Happy hour pool side was quite entertaining but service was a little slow.

Hotel taxi every where was very expensive so we used the taxi stand across the road. 700 baht for a 40 min drive into central patong and roughly the same home again. This became very annoying doing it every day/night for 4 days. We didn't mind though as there is zero atmosphere in Panwa.

Rooms were cleaned every day but minor problem...they failed to throw out the empty water bottles and empty bins every now and then. But apart from that - A+ service.

Definitely suited for older couple in retirement, families with smaller children and people who need to get away.

If you're 18+ and want to enjoy real Thailand (bangla road type holiday) stay in Patong!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank traveler247_bam

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We are truly disappointed that in some areas we failed to meet/exceed your expectations.
I have also passed on your invaluable constructive feedback to the respective Department Heads.

There are many places of interests in Panwa, to name a few, Laem Panwa is 5 minutes walk from our Resort with numerous locals bars and restaurants. In addition overlooking the bay there is a quaint night market. The Aquarium is also five minutes walk from the Resort, again quite close to the Laem Panwa. A walking trip to Ao Yon Beach overlooking the Bay with numerous sailing boats lined with eateries is another option that can be enjoyed.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. We chose this hotel as it was great value for money. We also wanted to stay away from the over commercialised areas in patong

Service - always very good in Thailand. Some staff did not always understand English and on a few occasions I had to request to speak to other members of staff.

Food - breakfast good choice of food- fruits, pastries, omlette stations etc. Clean.

Restaurants - there are 2. Good selection of food and tasty. Hotel food can get a bit boring and is overpriced we preferred to venture to the local restaurants.

Good selections of drinks at bar. Not too overpriced and happy hour from 5-7pm poolside bar and from 9pm onwards at main bar.

Rooms - we had a double rooms (garden view). Good size with nice bathroom and air con. Quite a few Mosquitos - I had to request for the room to be sprayed with a repellent.

Pool - amazing - Very nice views and clean. Well maintained.

Sea/ beach - looks great at high tide. And looks ugly at low tide. At low tide it looks like a large area of quick sand. This is not a beach which is ideal for swimming or water sports even at high tide despite the pictures. If your after a good beach and want to spend time in the sea choose another resort.

You can get cheap massages and snacks/ drinks across the road.

Cost of taxi to this hotel ysing official taxi from airport 850BHT. On return the hotel taxi cost 1000BHT.

Good quality 4* hotel, food is good, pool is great and beach sucks. I would personally pay more next time for a better quality hotel in a better area. Not much to do in cape panwa it's a small town.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank koonz311
RDPhuket, Execitive Assistnt Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

Thank you for your valuable comments.

We are truly disappointed that you did not enjoy the complimentary water activities offered by our Resort. We have often been fully booked on the sailing, kayaking etc being offered at the Resort.

Again, we are disappointed that we could not exceed your expectations.

edinburgh
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner is a club Carlson concierge member, the highest level of club Carlson, so obviously we normally love the brand, the service, and the hotels.
Let me begin to say the hotel buildings,and setting is simply lovely!
that's where it ends im afraid!
it is the worst Radisson hotel for service I have ever stayed in!
in fact we were so upset we are taking our complaints to a higher level!
where do I start? I feel I could write a book of what happened here!
we had some issues upon our arrival, and I had a meeting with the general manager , I explained my concerns, and also said we had family coming to view the hotel with a view to holding a wedding here next year, he kindly invited them as his guest for breakfast and lunch, I then went on to say I would get up extra early to put towels on the beds, in the private area, so we could have this area for the day, he assured me there was no need and the hotel would secure this area for us. Please bare in mind my partner spends around 56k a year organising corporate events with this brand.
on the said morning I awoke early to find the area in question was not reserved, I found a manager on duty named oliver from france,
he then made sure the beds were put in position, and reserved...all was well
I went to the lobby to await my family, and proceeded to take them to the place for breakfast which was for villa guests only,
we all ordered eggs benedict, unfortunately this should not be on the menu! we received poached eggs on toast, we actually laughed about, and thought no big deal, and I made a mental note to inform the GM to take it of the menu, as his staff had no idea what an eggs benedict was!
we then all proceeded to our area which had been reserved for us,
we were sat chatting, when a man came up and well omg... I cant write the fowl words what happened on here
he however seemed to think we were on his bed, as he had that bed every day of his stay, I politely explained that the GM had reserved this area today for a private party, he then went and sat on my fee, then grabbed me by the throat with my towel.
I immediately left our group, and went to see the GM, only to find he had left to go to Bangkok for 3 days! however a lovely Thai manager came to my rescue, he could see I was physically shaking, and we rushed to the area, then the problems got worse, Oliver the French manager came onto the scene, instead of removing the man that in front of both managers he was swearing, we asked for security , the man in question then said he would [--] fight security, this went on for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
oliver simply should have had these guests removed from the hotel, as which has been agreed by someone very high up I club Carlson on our return home!
the man in question eventually left of his own accord!
we do have video evidence of this, along with other guests who witnessed it!
ok so that was that issue!
the taxi company the hotel use are 3 times higher than across the road!
we were never told they had shuttle bus to pattong
to be honest I could go on and on....

every day there was a problem,
they even charge you for a glass of water with your meal!
there is sooo many places to stay
and in fact the hotel was so bad it has lost club Carlson a major customer,
VERY DISGUSTED!!!!!

Room Tip: the pool villas are decent
18 Thank aladacoop
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our first impression upon entering the hotel was that it looked a bit tired and needed a refurb. (we felt a bit disappointed as we had just left a brand new hotel elsewhere which we loved.) But by the second day I actually changed my mind and thought it was actually a lovely hotel, a great location, with a marvellous pool area. Breakfast was good. There are a few shops and restaurants within 10 mins walk. As others have already said the checkin at this hotel does take a while!

1 Thank tibbycat
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

I am happy to inform you that we have taken your invaluable suggestions into consideration and are working towards implementing them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Cape Panwa Hotel
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!