“Stunning Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Stunning Hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a stunning stay here in December 2013. Courteous staff, great breakfasts, wonderful pool area and great rooms. Beach is a little small and the location of the hotel is a little far from Patong but great if you want some peace and quiet. Great restaurants in walking distance and its always so easy to hire a scooter in Phuket to drive yourself to other locations.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RDPhuket, Hotel Ambassador at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

Olivier Gires

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson last week. Amazing property! Upon arrival, I was taken aback by the view of the ocean from the lobby (which is spacious). I was escorted to my deluxe room which is considerably spacious. The deluxe rooms are equipped with flat screen TV's, dvd players, vanity, bathroom with separate toilet area. I had a poolside balcony with a day bed, table and chairs. The air conditioner was always on which is nice to come home to a cool room. This hotel has really delicious food. Each morning I had breakfast at Azur while watching the sunrise. Spectacular! The staff, extremely professional and very friendly. On my birthday they left a piece of cake for me in my room and they also sang Happy Birthday to me with cake at the bar which made me feel better since I was traveling alone. The hotel also offers free wifi service and daily happy hour specials at both the lobby bar and pool bar. Located within a walking distance to the Phuket Aquarium and across the street from the Tree Top restaurant. If you're looking for a nice hotel to relax and escape from life, this is it!!! I am already in the planning stages of my return trip. Thank you Radisson for making my trip of a lifetime one I will take again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cherisse H

Reviewed 1 May 2014

All in all, this place is really good value for money. The resort itself is very, very nice. The pool is fantastic and the views we had from our room were phenomenal. It's very quiet, the spa services are great and this resort would be great for a family. We were there over Thai New Years and they set up a gorgeous dinner and had everyone light lanterns into the night which was a fantastic experience. We had the same housecleaner clean our room and he was the sweetest guy ever! Food was great - the thai food was nice and the fresh pineapple juice was a favorite.

The only thing to note is that it is a little bit off of the beaten track and all of the excursions we booked were at least one hour drive each way. Also, service was not fast. It's not a big deal as on a sunny holiday your not typically in a rush but it can be a bit frustrating when you have booked a taxi to get to the airport and get to reception and noone seems to know you made the request.

Malmö, Skåne Län, Sweden
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We wanted to eat some Thai food and found the Radisson Hotel had one on their property. We ordered 11 dishes and all of them tasted delicious. I can highly recommend the grilled chicken, steam fish and green curry chicken.

We had heard the best desserts in this part of the island were also on this property but on the menu of another restaurant. The GM was so kind to have it delivered from that restaurant to us in the thai restaurant. It lived up to it's reputation. The cheese cake and the chocolate cake were both large portioned and fantastic!

This hotel knows food and service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
RDPhuket, Hotel Ambassador at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. A big thank you from our Azur Thai fine dining restaurant team.
Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

USA
Reviewed 25 April 2014

To Whom it May Concern:

Dear Radisson Staff Management, I am writing this letter to express my gratitude for developing such a wonderful "Kid's Club" and the exceptional staff you have hired. Kwan and Emmy were so professional and kind with the children. I was so grateful because it allowed me some much needed time for relaxation and "adult time." I really felt safe leaving my precious little girls with them. I am incredibly picky about who I leave my children with. Everyday my girls came back with another beautiful art project she made at Kids Club, always something different and so creative. My favorite was the sea shell frame my daughter made for me. I can't wait to put her Raddison pool/beach picture in it. I felt more like I was dropping her off at school because her time there was so productive and funtastic. My older girl wished there were some more toys to play with and a bigger movie selection but Emmy and Kwan kept her so busy treating her to very professional manicures and teaching her very complicated art projects. In fact, my younger one never wanted to leave, I had to beg her to go back to the room to eat dinner. One particular day there were so many children, I thought to myself, wouldn't these kids rather be by the pool or beach, this is Thailand and the resort is absolute paradise. I asked all of the children wouldn't you rather be by the pool or beach, you kids are in Thailand afterall. All the children sang "no,no,no." "We would rather be with Emmy and Kwan at Kids Club." One older boy said, "I told my parents to come to this hotel because it has the BEST Kids Club of all the hotels in the entire universe, It was so cute and I was so impressed. The Easter celebration was also wonderful, my daughter came back with treats and toys; that was so generous to give party favors, candy and an Easter egg hunt and all the games, the kids were in heaven. It was her very favorite holiday ever. I was so happy with this hotel but I must admit, it was the Kids Club, Emmy and Kwan especially that made this trip so exceptional and relaxing for our family. I wanted to take Kwan and Emmy back home with me but they declined and said they were happy where they are. I just want to thank both Emmy and Kwan for everything they did for us as well as the Raddison Management Hotel for giving us such an incredible and memorable vacation. We will be back and we will also definitely recommend this place to all our friends with children. We are so grateful and appreciative, Thank you so much Phuket Raddisson!

Ms. Lisa Iovino, USA

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RDPhuket, Hotel Ambassador at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are so delighted that your all family had such a good time, all your comment will be forwarded to the right department. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Radisson is on the south of the island, Panwa beach, this is a peaceful location that does not suffer from the over population of tourists (and associated tourist traps) that Patong/Kata beach have.
Good options for off premises Drinking and Eating (Bar: Small Place; Restaurants: Sabai Sabai, Tree Top, and several more) Also several cheap, clean and friendly massage places opposite. Convenience store, Scooter rental and Tour booking agencies all also next door too.
Hotel Facilities, the 4 pools are all clean and have plenty of loungers to relax on.. the cabanas are available with minimal hassle, pool can get a little 'warm' in the peak of summer. Pool bar happy hour is good for a late afternoon swim up cocktail.
Beach is nice (its tidal but thats not really a problem), the sea water is clean and refreshing, with mainly sand and plenty of loungers, plus free use of catamaran, sea kayaks, etc.
Room is very spacious (had a suite) and daily cleaning is good. massive bathroom with walk in shower.
The food in the main Aqua restaurant and Pool side Edge restaurant is good (thai and western food available). They also offer Thai cooking class, the wife did it and thoroughly enjoyed the 5 dishes she made.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is our second hotel in phuket, massive property .. We are in the ocean view suite; everything in side the room is perfect. View from the room is great as well.. We can see the ocean no obstruction. When you book email them about the view and request for higher level. Other ocean front villas look great too.

I wasn’t 100% happy with the reception staff that is behind the desk. But the door staff is great. Good work guys.

However breakfast didn’t wow us at all. Very simple foods. lots of processed food didn’t like it at all.. salmon was dry .. not a variety of meat.. mostly pork (we don’t eat) need more hot food..

But overall was great. We didn’t try the spa.. actually its so expensive, we didn’t bother to try. If it was affordable more guests will try..

Room Tip: for good ocean view ask for level four..rooms in the middle has no obstruction for sea viewing..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RDPhuket, Hotel Ambassador at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Cape Panwa Hotel
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,514 reviews
Mandarava Resort and Spa

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!