The resort is hidden away toward the southern tip of Phuket island. If you are looking for a place to just unwind and day dream, this is where you should be. We basically did nothing during our stay of 3 night. We enjoyed the beach (though not that fantastic), pools, room, and repeat that all over again.
The resort offers complementary shuttle bus to 2 of the malls but timing pretty limited between go and back. We decided not to go with that. Other attractions are not cheap either. Private shuttle can cost a bomb.
There are 3 swimming pools in the resort and mostly under utilized. We have the luxury of having the whole big pool to ourselves most of the time. Which is good!
We would consider coming back here when we want to unwind, with a rental car this time.
We booked for a Deluxe Seaview room but the package we booked ourselves on offer a free upgrade to the next category. Disappointingly the check in reception initially assigned us to a Deluxe room. It was a good thing that I have brought along a printout of the email stating that we have booked ourselves into a Junior Suite. Remember to have all the confirmation with you.
The room (Junior Suite) is spacious, although I would have thought we were given the corner unit with big terrace. How many types of Junior Suite there is anyway? All in all, we are happy with the room we have.
The resort staff are all very friendly and approachable. It is indeed the land of smiles, no doubt. Language is still a barrier for some but there are some that are pretty good in English. Overall, well done!
Aqua restaurant serves pretty OK breakfast. There is a noodle stations which serves different menu every morning. Not bad at all, except that the beef in the beef noodle is kind of tough.
Azur restaurant only opens for dinner. We ordered the seafood platter for 2 and was quite disappointed with the prawns section. Especially the crayfish, which were not fully cooked and we have to forgo it. Menu is quite pricey too.
We went outside opposite the resort for our meals, which were relatively cheaper, thereafter for the rest of our stay. Of course, the ambiance counts too if you are the particular type.
Talay Spa *
We booked ourselves for a 2 hours session at the spa. We arrived at the reception at 4pm and was filling up forms and served with tea. With some delay we will being shown to the treatment room to get ourselves ready. It was estimated to be around 4.30pm when our treatment starts. When all is done, we noted the time on the clock was showing as 6pm. It appeared that the 2 hours session starts right immediately from the time you got to the reception counter. If you intend to try out the spa there, make sure you get through the formality as quickly as you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai decor including spacious pool villas, three free-form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterslide, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort Cape Panwa