The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort
Yuwadee Resort(Phuket Town)
  • Pool
C.A.P. Mansion(Phuket Town)
View Hotel
All reviewslocal rummosquito netoutdoor jacuzzinice poolsea viewrelaxing stayspecial thankspatong beachfree shuttlebig buddhathai foodthe hotel offershigh tidelocal restaurantsprivate beachphuketvilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2012

First of all, We've traveled to Phuket many times. But we never stayed in Panwa area.
So this time we decided to try something new. So here goes the Mangrove!!
At arrival, despite the fact that we were very tired from our long flight, we were very excited to explore this charming little resort.

The resort set up is nice like a little village and not over crowded. We had all the beach and pool for ourself on our first day ;-)
We stayed in a "Deluxe sea view". The room was very stylish, clean, and modern.
Also it fit two person comfortably, and most importantly fit our budget very well!!
Staffs were polite and professional. Overall experience about this place is very positive.
Also I think it's less than 20 mins to Phuket from here.

Some few downsides I'd like to mentioned though
- You don't get the white sandy type of beach here.
- You don't get the craziness like you stay in Phuket (if you are seeking that type of fun).

Other than that we really love the place.
I would recommend this place to friends!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Luis J
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We are Chinese living in UK, this was my first time in Phuket and I just love it! it is so beautiful and so much fun. The hotel is in good location, nice, quiet and clean. And the people are very nice very friendly,
I really enjoyed the room, the view, the people and also the drinks! I am gonna miss this place.
Recommend!

J

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank JieZh
Reviewed 13 September 2012

After a long haul flight from the UK and all the hassles that come with it, baggage, tiredness and anticipation - we were delighted to arrive at this beautiful resort after only a 40 minute drive from phuket airport to a very warm and courteous reception.

The staff were immediately attending to our baggage and parking our hire car. Not in an obtrusive way but in a friendly and helpful way. Just what we needed, a fast check-in and shown straight to our room which was the luxury suite.

We had open access to the beach, native flowers, trees and bush all around our suite. Superb Thai restaurants and bars. And still only 10 drive into Phuket. We had the best of everything here.

We knew this place was a gamble when we booked it, as it was a brand new resort. We weren't sure if we were going to arrive to a typically sterile unlived purpose built complex.. We were so wrong thankfully... It was in fact superbly finished, all buildings were at one with the surrounding gardens, paths, trees and bushes, just like the villas were meant to be there. and all the amenities you'd expect and more.

This booking turned out to be perfect in every sense - beautiful traditional thai food, convenient location, friendly staff, luxury accommodation, no unruly kids or teenagers in sight. Just plenty of all the right things for a relaxing getaway.

We'll be spreading the word and would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to get a romantic break, an ideal sample of Thai luxury and great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012
11  Thank Wiseee
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed at The Mangrove for the first time last week. I love Phuket and have been before, but wanted to find somewhere where I could get away from all the "touristy" side of things. It's not too far from Phuket town but far enough to get away from all the annoyance of people trying to sell you Tuk-Tuks, suits and massages. The facilities and staff were outstanding. I was able to totally relax in my very own brand new villa and enjoy the private beach which totally removed me from the stress of everyday life. Because this place is so new, it is still an undiscovered gem. Worth every Baht spent. I highly recommend staying here before everyone discovers this secret haven.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
14  Thank Berz0
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have lived in Phuket island for 3 years. Last weekend I went to this resort for a weekend, feel like I went for holidays. First, the area is so quiet and nice, very different from Patong area. Second, the view from my room is amazing. I can see the big white Budda from my room and the swimming area. If you are lucky, as I was, I had a wonderful starry night, with the wave sound from the ocean. The last but at the least, the staff there are super nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends