“Excellent, relaxing stay.”

The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a great stay here. The villas were roomy, new and modern. There was a few insects, but I don't think you can do much about that considering the location is right on the water. I do wish that the outside bath on our balcony was kept a bit better though, it was a bit dirty so we didn't use it.
The staff were extremely friendly and nice.
The restaurant food was delicious and well priced. We ate there a lot.
The pool was beautiful, had a nice view also. We had many cocktails next to the pool.
We would definitely recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank clancymark

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great resort - lovely accommodation and setting and very helpful and friendly staff. However is too remote if you do not have transport. Stayed for seven nights with family and friends. Were six of us and while the restaurant was quite OK part of any holiday is trying the local food and we could not walk to any restaurants. Always had to arrange taxis to and from resort. Not far from Panwa village itself where there are a number of good restaurants. It would be good if resort could arrange shuttle in and out to cater for dinner time. Note other resorts have shuttles. Resort does have a oneway shuttle to Phuket town but only during the day and you have to negotiate taxi back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank klles
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I found this place very relaxing and enjoyable stayed here for 7 nights this review is being written on the 5th night im here it is a very nice and relaxing place to stay the service is extremely good and the food is amazing here one of the best places I have stayed and I get sick quite often from food and the staff are very friendly and helpful. A++++

I reccomend this hotel to anyone travelling as you can do things and get around quite easily.

4  Thank Paul Z
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Overall: A+
Food: B+
Location: A-
Cost: A+

I chose to book my partner and I, the Deluxe Pavilion, at the Mangrove Phuket Resort in Cape Panwa due to its location—away from the crazy Patong crowd, but close enough to the water. We stayed for a little over a week, and the general consensus was that it was a great steal (we paid $432 from 3 August to 10 August – seven nights/eight days with a late check out at 2pm) - every detail was given adequate attention. The concierge staff was extremely attentive and friendly, and we had an amazing time with their included daily breakfasts (the selection of foods included warm and continental items, but the friendly staff also were ready to prepare any sort of made-to-order egg selections, and bacon).

As we were too lazy to eat out everyday, we also had a few dinners on site, and found that their kitchen was very well staffed (opened until 23:00)– generally, speaking, the prices of most of the dishes were around 100 Baht more than outside prices, but it was worth it, since we did not want to deal with getting a taxi/scooter to just get a meal elsewhere (average Thai Green Curry was 220 Baht). Their daily buy-1-get-1 free drinks between 18:00 to 19:00 were also very tasty (each alcoholic drink was 190 Baht). The room service was the same menu and price as the meals at the Mangmoon restaurant, which was the restaurant that cooks your meals during breakfast.

My partner thoroughly enjoyed the infinity pool, while the beachside hanging double bed cabanas were also a relaxing treat, after a long day of diving. We also had the chance to play with their life-sized chess set on the garden, and found that if one wanted to, they could have also borrowed one of the resort’s yellow canoes on the mangrove beach, which was just steps away.

During our time at the Resort, we also rented the scooter, which was approximately 350 Baht for an entire 24hour period, which meant that we could have rented it anytime during the day, and it would have been valid for the same time the following day. Renting the scooter allowed us to also explore the rest of the Island of Phuket. Although I would suggest riding the streets of Phuket for only the brave (I personally have been licensed to ride a motorcycle since I was 15 years old), the leisurely ride between the resort and Patong Beach was around 35-45minutes. The ride was scenic, and along the way, we stopped at several viewpoints including Nai Horn Beach / Kata Noi / Kata Beach / Karon Beach, for those who would also like to stop by the Rubber Tapping tourist locations and the Phuket Safari, these places are also between the beach/mountain road from the resort and Patong Beach.

We also organized the transfer between the resort and the airport with the concierge directly, and paid around 1000 Baht to the airport (1200 Baht for late night arrivals/departures). There were also daily free transfers between 10:00 / 13:00 / 16:00 departing from the resort to (only towards, one would have to find their own way back): Central Festival Village and Ao-Yon Beach. My partner and I had spent a wonderful afternoon on the local Ao-Yon beach, near Cape Panwa, away from the crowds, the restaurant at the beach also served fresh coconuts and very delicious thai curries, etc.

We also spent four days diving, where I finished my Master Scuba Diver Certification, and had the dive shop pick us up at the Resort, along the way to Chalong Beach, which is also in close proximity to the Mangrove, this could be convenient for those who love to dive. We personally booked with Kon-tiki dive school, due to their 5 Star Gold Rating from PADI, but I assure you, that there are many other schools out there once you arrive.

Overall, we enjoyed the peaceful time at the Mangrove, and would suggest anyone going to Phuket, especially the ones who would like to get away from the crowds to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe Pavilion or the Deluxe Pavilion with the exterior tub, however, be reminded that...
7  Thank adoptme
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Had my stay for 3 nights.. It was really welcoming and warm (although it was raining).. View is amazing and everything is really intimate.. Had a great time relaxing with my other half and it is something that i would never want to forget.. Really nice pool.. Love the restaurant..Must try for the cocktails.. Good food at resorts are hard to come by so i would like to say good job and compliments to the chef.. Will definitely come back again.. no hesitance.. Keep up the good work.

5  Thank Pris220186
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stay in the hotel two nights in a beach front villa, with a nicely designed of an outdoor Jacuzzi and balcony. The room is nice, clean and equipped with full facilities. Located in the private beach, I find it is very quiet and peaceful to stay. The staffs are very friendly, caring and helpful. Internet connection is excellent throughout the resort. The pool is lovely and clea and easy to access. The restaurant is modern designed. Dinner with the view of sunset by the pool is a great experience for me. Food is also tasty and well presented. Grilled salmon with lemon sauce is recommended.

PS. The mangrove bunnies are so cute !!!!

My next holiday will surely be at The Mangrove panwa again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Annie P
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stay here on my business trip, the hotel is nice and quiet. It's only 10 minutes to the Phuket old town. The Thai food is good, nice cocktails, beautiful seaview, restaurant is too small, breakfast buffet is average. Overall the stay was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Navatara Phuket Resort
Kantary Bay, Phuket
Kantary Bay, Phuket
#1 of 13 in Cape Panwa

Been to The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!