The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort
US$419
US$400
Hotels.com
Amatara Wellness Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$207
Official Site
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$125
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$162
Panwa Boutique Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
Trip.com
Bandara Phuket Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$46
Agoda.com
By The Sea(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
US$43
US$35
Hotels.com
Bandara Villas Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$358
US$299
Agoda.com
My Beach Resort Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$110
Hotels.com
All reviewslocal rummosquito netoutdoor jacuzzinice poolsea viewrelaxing stayspecial thankspatong beachfree shuttlebig buddhathai foodthe hotel offershigh tidelocal restaurantsprivate beachphuketvilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hai Guys, I stayed in mangrove resort from 21st Jan 2014 to 24th Jan 2014. The resort was an awesome paradise for honeymoon & family's. liked the greenery, interior of room & toilet, restaurant, the silent ambiance, co - guest etc

Room Tip: - Liked the interior of Room, Greenery, Restaurant, Silence etc..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kuriaparambil
The_Mangrove, General Manager at The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear you had a good time with The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the stay with us and relaxing with our facilities.

Once again, I truly appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed two night in a deluxe room in this hotel and that was enough to say: not recommended.
After travelling through Thailand we arrived to this hotel and unexpectedly we had not been received with the typical Thai smile but by a rough lady..we than asked the favour to have two keys as the two of us had different plans for the night but they deny it to us, saying they did not have a spare one (the cards were magnetic ones..).
The day after we left the hotel early in the morning and back in the evening. Surprisingly the room was not made! No fresh water, no bed done, no new towels...just lots of hunts..not the end of the world but you would expect a clean room when you pay for it! They explained was too late and could not do anything for it..
The hotel is ok, nice garden but not above average in Thailand, no sandy beach only muddy area with very nice mangroves if interested, breakfast ok, room nice, they have motorbike to rent at 350/day. The management is very poor and not respectful for their client. We saw many people complaining at the reception counter probably with many other problems..
Bad management directly influence the customers' experiences and this seems not clear to the current manager and her team...
Again our conclusion is: not recommended!

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Francesca B

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issue, and spoken with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.

If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 10 days during the New Year break to get away from the busy city life. This was my second visit to this hotel in the past year.

During my 10 days, the hotel had put on this New Year party which included cultural shows, local and international selection of food, and most important of all, fireworks to welcome the year 2014.
At first, I was reluctant to take part in the New Year party arranged by the hotel given that I had to pay extra for it. The event turned out to be outstanding. It was definitely worth the extra dollars.
After a welcome drink reception, we were given a variety of food ranging from those you’d get in a top-class hotel to local food which can be rarely found in tourist attractions these days! The hotel staffs were highly professional and perhaps most importantly, extraordinarily friendly. The people participating in cultural shows that were put on were well trained, and the firework to take us into 2014 couldn’t have been better. No wonder this particular event has not only attracted guests from within the hotel but also those staying in other hotels, and also the locals!

As already noted, this was my second time at the hotel. It has improved marginally since my first visit one year back. The hotel manager has informed me that since my last visit, the hotel has taken many steps in seeking to improve the experience that its guests receive. They have paid particular focuses on improving the quality of the food and providing more facilities and activities for guests.
Speaking from my personal experience then, most of their focuses have been met. The food they provide is as good – if not better – than that which you will find anywhere in the world. The hotel has also added facilities and activities which it did not have on my previous visit. Although guests may still feel that there are not many things to do, this is not to worry.
The hotel has come a long way from one year ago, and with clear plans as to what the hotel will seek to do in the future – to continue building on surprising its guests with tasty food and at the same time to provide them with greater facilities – I am confident that it will soon become the ideal holiday destination for myself for many years to come. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice, out of the way, resort at a decent price for those who don't like the busy Patong area. The rooms were nice, with a good view, and the staff were helpful. Breakfast and dinners were reasonable

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The biggest compliment goes to the photographer who took pictures for the hotel and the person who wrote the description. Unfortunately neither reflect much of the real life situation.

The resort does have a potential of becoming a great hotel as it really is located on a beautiful landscape that seems to have been some sort of forest or wild garden in real life. It is very relaxing and quiet. However, the biggest problem seems to be lack of presence (or to be more precise-no presence at all) of any kind of management. Hotel seems to be neglected in the hands of serving staff and therefore is quite run down already. There is nobody who is out for improvements of the property, surroundings and quality of service.

Breakfast is very poor. And the restaurant itself serves very poor quality food. I love Thai cousine but this was truly not enjoyable at all. You are better off to take a taxi and go to one of the local restaurants.

Staff speak almost no English at all. Ok, that could be overlooked but they at least should receive some training! Regradless of less than poor english language skills,my genuine thanks goes to the reception ladies. At least they shared an honest smile and tried their best.

One last thing...for those who are not a big fan of reptile creatures, this could be a bit of nightmare. The wall geckos are everywhere. They pretty much invade your room (because the cleaners keep all windows and doors wide open). Geckos leave their droppings all over the place and keep you awake at night with their clicking sounds.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family