“Nice room, fair service, poor management”

The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Actually we booked for 2 deluxe pavilions which were advertised to be stand alone pavilions rather than rooms on the building. We were assigned in rooms on the second floor of the road side building which is far from the sea. It was a nightmare for elderly people to walk up and down stairs to the restaurant, swimming pool and the seafront.

Service was just fair. There was not enough staff to help during check-in and out. No one helped us with the luggage.

However, the room was spacious and functional. There was no living area in the room so you would have to sit just on the bed to relax. They did not replace a new set of cotton buds for me on the second day which I think it was below average of service standard.

The resort was cozy and quiet as it was hidden and far away from everything. You need a car to stay here. Except a swimming pool and a spa, there is no other activity available at the resort.

Stayed: April 2557
1  Thank Panisa L
There are newer reviews for The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel are very cosy and they have excellent service! And the value for money was excellent! My family enjoyed so much during out stay there and definitely will recommend to our friends. We will plan to come back and stay on this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Their management team is good, polite, patient & helpful.
But resort have a lot of hidden agenda to earn your money. For example:
They do not tell you what's can be throw nor cant be threw. THEY CHARGE YOU.
They do provide free shuttle to 2 place & 1 times in a day, but they do not tell you that shuttle fetch human not luggage. THEY CHARGE YOU.
They do not call meter taxi for you, they insist to have their own contact to fetch you. THEY CHARGE YOU. They told me 1000baht but I have my walks out from the resort and paid 700baht to airport,

Anyway, this place are main for honeymoon and relax. Not for youngster who like to go around and explore around, because they are far from EVERY WAY. Yet is a eco resort, which you will sleep with mosquitoes, big ants & unknown flying insects.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Keol G
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We loved staying at The Mangrove Resort for 5 nights! We had a very relaxing time and the staff did an exceptional job! The views were breathtaking, the resort was clean and nicely decorated, and the pool was refreshing! The food was also amazing and the drinks that the staff made were so good! The bartenders know how to make a mean mojito!

A special shout out to Pong for helping us carry our kayaks out to the water! He was very helpful and we very much appreciated it!

Would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a peaceful pleasant stay :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessicadlight
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Once I entered the resort, the service has been reaching out my expectation. More than that, the food and surrounding is excellent. Not only safe but also bring me a peace of mind. You should definitely relax one morning near by pool.. Watching sunrise and enjoy your breakfast while your body is cooling down by the breeze. A good place I will definitely to book again and recommend to all of my friends. Thank you for the wonderful experience. Make my trip very convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

To be honest, it is a good choice to be there. It located in the south of Phuket island, far away from the airport, but the view is nicer than Patong area. What is more , it is very near to the Chalong Pier .The staff really very friendly and helpful. If you are interested in the blue sea and jungle , here must be the best choice .

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was at the mangrove hotel with my family from 19th to 21st March 2014.
I had booked it through internet via a groupon deal.
Initially I was wondering how the hotel will turn out to be as this was my first visit to phuket and this place was a bit far from other happening places in the town. I must say that the place turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.
Right from the moment we checked in, we were greeted with smile by the staff. I do not remember the names of individual staff members but I must say all of them were very friendly and made their best effort to make your stay comfortable.
Food was good and tasty. Being a vegetarian, I was a bit worried before check in to the hotel. I was wondering would they agree to provide me customized food to serve our needs. Thankfully there was nothing I could find wrong and was served with a smile.
Room was also very amazing, it had descent space and peacefully distanced from other room.
Swimming pool was also wonderful and we had a good time there especially kids.
There were small small thing here and there which made this place so unique. For example they had a few rabbits and bird nest within the area. Kayaking boats were available to be used guests (Though we could only use them during the high tide).

Minor downsides: 1) Most of the staff did not speak or understand English very well (but that problem with entire phuket not just mangrove resort). 2) Does not has a gym.

Room Tip: Perfect place for family and for people looking for peaceful destination.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Cape Panwa Hotel
Cape Panwa Hotel
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa

Been to The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!