“Friendly host and great food.”

Live India Indian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Cape Panwa
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Friendly host and great food.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed in Cape Panwa Hotel in August 2014 our first visit to Thailand. Whilst we like to sample local food eating Thai every day would get a bit boring so we like to try a wide selection of restaurants. To be honest we may not have visited this quaint little place had we not me the lovely Nam who runs Happy Tours a few stores down. After booking some very cheap tours (same tour as the hotel reps) she advised that her husband Toni (an abbreviation of his real name!) ran this restaurant. As Nam was so friendly we couldn't resist so a day or so later we visited. Most restaurants in Cape Panwa are quite small so have limited seating. I think Toni could squeeze in about 30 people tops which makes for a good atmosphere. The décor is bright and welcoming. It was quite funny when Toni asked our opinion on the décor as he was thinking of changing the table clothes to a red and white check from white and orange/yellow. We advised against this but did comment on the mismatched chair covers. To our surprise on our next visit these were nowhere to be seen! The food is amongst the best Indians I have tasted. Good selection of dishes and plenty to choose from. Ask Toni if you're unsure as they can 'tone down' dishes to suit your taste. One thing that struck me about our host (which I have never experienced before) is that he doesn't like waste so will advise you if he thinks you might be over ordering. We were going to add another rice to our order but, Toni advised it might be a bit much. If I had one criticism it would only be minor and relates to the other staff he employs. Whilst they work hard and are very polite they rarely smile - unlike Toni. A very pleasant experience and we used this restaurant twice during our two week stay. Good luck Toni and Nam.

• Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food I've ever had!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in cape panwa for ten days....Five out of the ten nights we ate here as we just loved it! The thai food from other restaurants was great but this Indian was beautiful.....The man who ran it was ever so friendly and helpful. Since being home we've not managed to have an Indian as good as this one, expectations have no been set very high!

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic !!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The best Indian food I have tasted! :-)
My mum and I came twice within a few days as we absolutely loved the food!

The owner was very welcoming and his wife runs the happy tours company a few doors down! YOU MUST GO TO SEE HER ! She is amazing - you both are amazing and will be truly missed xx

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Hannah M
Cumbria
“food great”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

but they couldn't make papadoms or nan bread and the pickles weren't my cup of tea, but the Korma and Rice was good.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LiveLoveLaughCumbria
Singapore
“great taste”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved the food here. Cute little restaurant and you get entertained watching the locals and scooters driving around. Stones throw to the beach. Lots of food for great value. Very tasty, great service.

Visited July 2014