“rack of lamb to die for”

Uncle Nan's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 33 Restaurants in Cape Panwa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cumbria
“rack of lamb to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

was getting a bit sick of rice so decided to try the rack of lamb. I was dubious but it was cooked perfectly and it was mouthwatering

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Bit meh and overly priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The picture looked good in the brochure but in the end we should've just gone for another cheaper and more flavoursome feed at Sawasdee.

Singapore
“yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My favorite restaurant. Great choice of food and authentic Italian food. Great cool a/c inside too. Disliked nothing.

“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

me and my boyfriend ate here twice. We both loved it... its a nice change and the food tastes great! the restaurant is beautifully located and decorated at affordable prices.

Visited July 2014
“Stay away- worst meal in Thailand”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Well, we were tired of eating Thai and decided to adventure into our hotel Italian restaurant, encouraged by some of the reviews here. What a mistake!
In two lines in case you don't have time to read the details: Stay away, terrible food, bad service and way too overpriced.
Let's begin by saying that you don't let people sit order and drink and an appetizer to THEN let them know you are closing in 10mins and therefore rush them through their meal, bringing the check with the main course and the dessert in a to-go box. No, you don't do that. However, if the good would have been amazing I would have learned to live with that experience. But, let's go into details: my Shiraz, for which I paid twice the price of my husband's Chardonnay, was freezing cold. Freezing cold. Red wine, freezing cold is a no-no. If the place is hot and humid just have a wine cooler at the right standard room temperature and keep it there. But no. This was freezing. When I asked the waitress if I could have a glass from a bottle that was not in the fridge she said the bartender keep all bottles In the freezer. She did say freezer. So I swallowed that and tried not to touch my wine until the end of the meal so that it could be drinkable.
Then, I ordered a prosciutto and mushroom pizza. Well, I speak Italian and have traveled and eaten around to know what prosciutto is but apparently the chef at Katary hasn't. The pizza they brought me was plain Ham and mushroom. I pointed out that the menu said prosciutto and the waitress said that was prosciutto; that thick pink gummy ham was prosciutto. Mind you, we are not talking about trying to taste and identify differences between a prosciutto de Parma and a Pata Negra, which some people can do but not everyone would nail easily, despite some obvious differences. No, we are talking about prosciutto and Ham two very different things that these people seem to have gotten confused.
I decided to just forget it and dig in, only to find out my pizza was totally tasteless. Bland, terrible. I added salt and more salt but it didn't make a difference. Not sure how long the salt has been in the shaker but it's not doing it's job anymore and needs to be renewed. So, to bear this, I asked for some anchovies. The lady looked at me as if I was crazy and then brought me literally one filet and a half. Enough to just jazz up two slices, which is what I ended up eating. My husband's calzone was not better than my pizza. The only good thing was the tiramisu we took to our room, but you could tell is one of those that come frozen. Next to the meal it was a michelin deserving course.
Finally, the check. This turned out to be our most expensive meal in thailand. We paid over 1400 baht for the whole thing, which took us from feeling dissapointed to feeling plain robbed. Awful experience. Worst meal if our trip and a sour memory. Do yourself a favor, STAY AWAY!

• Visited July 2014