Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$164
Agoda.com
Amatara Wellness Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$262
Official Site
Panwa Boutique Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$69
Trip.com
US$580
US$504
Travelocity
Bandara Phuket Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$48
Agoda.com
By The Sea(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$60
Trip.com
US$43
US$36
Agoda.com
Bandara Villas Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$293
Agoda.com
My Beach Resort Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
All reviewsbeachfront resortloft pool suitesam's kitchenmosaic restaurantlow tidelobby loungesea viewphuket panwa beachprivate beachbeautiful hotelchinese touristsbreakfast buffetwelcome drinkfamily suitekids poolmin drivekids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have no probs recommending this resort to all.Very friendly & helpful staff.Close to beach
We stayed in a standard room which was spacious & clean,.could be mistaken for a deluxe.
But the highlight for my wife and i was the breakfast, it was more than one could expect There was a variety of foods to suit everyone.Hot and cold Buffet.
Our stay was short.but we will be back next year for much longer.
Stayed in many hotels & Resorts in S.E Asia this was by far the best Resort.

Room Tip: No need to apply for upgrade all rooms have a reasonable seaview and are of a high standard
1  Thank Jaygee62
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Jaygee62,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your recent experience in our property.

Your comments and feedbacks are extremely valuable to us and I will personally make sure they are being shared among the team of the Phuket Panwa Beachfront resort.

We are all looking forward to welcome you soon once again in our hotel.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a beautifully well kept hotel, which is situated in a lovely little cove. The cove is very tidal, which makes it ideal for family's with children to explore it. The water is calm, relatively shallow during high tide and clean, ideal for kayaking or stand up paddle boarding, both water sports being available within the complex.

We are staying in a standard room, which is adequately sized and clean. I'm sure the suites and pool terrace suites would be luxurious too.

The breakfast as Mozaic Restaurant is lovely and the staff in all areas have been welcoming and helpful.

My opinion is that this hotel offers great value for money and is a great spot to re-charge the batteries.

Tom and Nuchnapa

Room Tip: The location and natural beauty here make all room types acceptable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Tom K,

Greetings from Phuket Panwa Beachfront Resort!

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing our property and sharing your experience with us.

Your comments are extremely valuable for us thus we appreciate you taking the time for sharing them with us.

Rest assure that they will be shared among the team !

We are looking forward to welcome you soon onc again in Phuket !

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in Family Suite, the room was very nice and clean. The beachfront view from the room was stunning beautiful. We enjoyed the beachfront pools very much where our kids were splashing in the kids pool, me and my husband had a very good time with our drink at pool bar near the kids pool. The food at Mosaic restaurant is good too. We also like the beach as the wave here is not high so it make this beach the good place for kid to swim.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Manie G
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Manie G,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent stay and sharing with us your experiences in our property.

Rest assure that your extremely valuable comments will be share among the team of the Phuket Panwa Beachfront Resort.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back very soon in our hotel.

Be well !!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just spent 11 wonderful days at the Phuket Panwa Beachfront Resort. Cape Panwa is the perfect place to just CHILL. The hotel has wonderful warm pools, lots of space to spread out. If nightlife and crowds are what you are after, this is NOT the hotel for you:) It is quite far from the airport (about an hour +) but worth it to me to get away from the madness of Patong Beach. The rooms are spacious, modern, and clean with BIG comfy beds that I had difficulty leaving. We decided to upgrade to an "Ocean View" room. It was pretty, but not worth the upgrade for me unless you are debating to book a pool room. Those looked incredible once we arrived. I had two spa services during my stay. They were lacking a bit in the "spa detail" that you might find at other Lux resorts. ( An aroma-therapy massage, with no aroma-therapy involved.. things like that). I don't have children but this is a great hotel for kids. I would bring my nephews in a heartbeat. Daily activities for kids, nice kid's pool, and game-room. Very safe area and hotel. The hotel also does this really great "all day happy-hour" it seems. There are three bars on site that you can hit at certain happy-hour times, then move to the next. I don't even drink alcohol but was great for a fresh coconut and watermelon freeze in the sun. Great idea to keep guests moving and mingling to different areas of hotel:)
The Cape itself has many restaurants, ATMs, and little stores close to the hotel via shuttle or taxi. There is also a small city Aquarium and docks with traditional Thai boats waiting anytime to take you to Phi Phi and other islands for almost half the price of other booking agents in the area.
(Unfortunately we learned about The Cape a little too late in our stay). My general advice. Enjoy the beautiful hotel facility, it's lovely staff and pools- and explore locally FAST to get the best deals for tours, massage, food etc.

HOTEL: To our understanding, it was the "The Crown Plaza Phuket" until about six months ago when it changed over to the Phuket Panwa Beachfront. You can still see it listed as such in google searches, on our hotel keys, envelopes etc. I mention this because what small issues I had with the hotel, can be explained by the fact this is possibly a new staff and way of doing things.
Pool and towel service were a bit slow and non-existent at times. You really need to hunt someone down to order pool-side. Sounds like a first-world probem..I know, but this is important because as other reviewers mentioned, there is a significant time of the day when the bay is not swimmable (or pretty to look at) because of the low tide. So it is important to make sure dirty dishes which attract flies are cleared away, and drinks are re-filled, umbrellas moved for quests, towels refreshed. Simple things that would make guests feel attended to:)
Check-in was efficient, but I would have liked some more information about the local area
(Cape Panwa). Not just a pamphlet of tourist excursions when you arrive. Most travelers LOVE to eat at Hotels, to enjoy it's facilities and will do so. But this day and age, travelers also want know where the best local flavor is. Things off of the beaten path. And I think that is why we chose to stay in Panwa in the first place.
( Examples- Any local Thai Temples to tour or see? The beautiful Mosques around the corner from the hotel? Markets, and what you can expect to buy at each one? Are there any fishing excursions from The Cape?, Local monthly festivities etc).
There is also not a very clear explanation as to what happens at the excursions once you book through the hotel. You just show up with a voucher receipt, get picked up by the shuttle driver, and go with the flow. This is great for folks like us, but might be nice to know exactly what you will be paying for and expecting during your day's trip on an excursion.
All of these were little issues and were compensated for by an AMAZING hotel staff. They are warm, friendly people. The front led by "Beaw" who is a charming and wonderful coordinator. If you have any issues, she is your girl! She made me feel welcome, adapted to our personalty and told us lots of little local secrets. Bar and Resto staff were just amazing. "Lindy" and "Ait" became great evening buddies to share our daily adventures with.

Keep up the great work at Panwa Beachfront. We will be sure to return !

** Elephant tours in Thailand- I am a bit of an animal lover, and the idea of an Elephant Trek was exciting but I was hesitant. I found in research and talking to locals that Elephants are not indigenous to this region of Thailand. They are specifically brought in for tourists. The sites are not properly maintained and owners are very cruel to the Elephants. I have friends that visited a conservation camp in Northern Thailand, so I asked what the deal was around Phuket. Phuket is not the place for viewing Elephants in a more natural way like I imagined:( So I thought I'd share, as that info sure changed my mind about the treks for this trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BurlyQ1414
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear BurlyQ1414,

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing your recent experience in our property.
We all certainly appreciate your most valuable comments, thus helping us to improve those areas who are still in needs, and you we're indeed spot on!

It is a pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your stay overall so much and rest assure that your comments will be shared among the team of the Phuket Panwa Beachfront resort.

We are looking forward to welcome you once again very soon in our property!

Be well !

Denis Mrtin

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This place is fantastic not only for the most gorgeous view and the peaceful surroundings plus the sheer friendliness of everybody that you come in touch with, it was heaven, i felt very relaxed waking up everyday with a spectacular sunrise and the pool and beach were always there to view and use. The staff esp breakfast staff down to managers made us extremely welcome, the women who also cleaned the rooms were so special.. My husband and i recently came to stay for a week, and we saw more and we did more in this surrounding than on any other holiday.. i will be back jim and kathy from West Australia xoxoxo thnks once again

Room Tip: Pick one that is either 2nd or third floor, but i could imagine any room being delighful
1  Thank wis0

Dear wis0,

We are all delighted to see how much you have enjoyed your stay in our property!

It is with great pleasure that I will make sure your valuable comments are being share among the team of the Phuket Panwa Beachfront resort.

We are all looking forward to welcome you soon with your friends in the not too distant future.

Be well !