“Stunning, Grand, Relaxing Place to Stay”

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 days in August 2014 and we did.not.want.to.leave! The beachfront views are spectacular. The main pool is massive and a pleasure to swim in. Bathroom is superb. Big and firm comfortable bed. The entrance and lounge area is amazing, grand and comfortable. The breakfast is something my wife is still dreaming about. In fact of the 3 resorts we stayed in during our visit to Phuket, this is the one our minds keep coming back to.

I would give the employees of this hotel 5 stars. Even if we haven't personally thanked all the staff members we had the pleasure of dealing with, we are grateful to all the staff were very helpful, friendly and considerate. For example, every time we went from the hotel to our car or from our car to the hotel, they held an umbrella above our heads when it was raining and helped carry our stuff. The curtain got stuck in the sliding door and a repairman came to fix it and the staff members were all gracious about it.

Special mention to Lit who found my bag after I left it by the pool taking photos of the beautiful sunrise. He brought it up to our room.

Cape Panwa is on the opposite side of busy Patong and Karon. This side of town is a more laid-back, relaxing holiday. I'm glad we chose this resort to finish off our visit of Phuket after being in Patong and Karon.

I see it often said that most people's qualms about the area is that it is far from other restaurants or things to do. To counter this, the roads in this area are wider and better-built and there's a lot less trafic. Consider renting a car. I am not recommending it because the decision depends on your confidence of your ability to drive in this part of the world. But for us, we rented a car. This made it easier for us to go to places to eat, shop, etc... I drove in the west side of Phuket, in Karon and Patong also and I can say, it feels a lot more comfortable and safer to drive in this side of the island. We dropped off the car at the airport.

To find this hotel in Google Maps or other references, try searching for Crowne Plaza Beachfront Resort. There's another resort that has a very similar name and a few people got confused with the two.

Very small suggestion to the resort: Fix the potholes on the short driveway outside the resort. Everything else about the resort is perfect. It's such a relatively small but fixable thing to do to maintain the status of the resort in the minds of your customers.

2  Thank Marq C
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Marq C,

Greeting from sunny Phuket!!

We all hope this message does reach you well!!

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent experience with us and sharing those extremely valuable comments.

We are all very glad to read that you both have enjoyed so much your stay and rest assure that your feedbacks will be share among the entire team of the Phuket Panwa Beachfront resort!

In regards to those potholes, we have been having this on our list and will be fixed very soon!

Thank you once again for your contribution and we all look forward to welcome you once again very soon here at Phuket Panwa beachfront Resort...very soon!!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Staying at PPBR was a wonderful experience. Credit must be paid to all the staff there, especially the concierge (who was pregnant at the time and may still be) who was very helpful throughout the stay, and the maid who cleaned the room who always had a great smile. And Khun A, who looked after all guests at dinner on the beach and at the bar who was also excellent.

Arriving early at check-in, having phoned through beforehand, they had allocated a room on the top floor, and provided a very early check in. Likewise, check out was allowed to be delayed until 5pm which again was an enormous help and most appreciated.

Food was excellent - breakfast sometimes hard to find a table but no fault of the hotel.

Dinner and generla food was great. If you really want a good coffee, the only place is the small coffee shop outside and to the left of the hotel (but part of it). Excellent coffee made there.

When booking tours they were helpful and allowed me to take the tour guides away and bring them back when needed...

Generally this is one of the few places I would come back to, and while I am sure there are many other equally good locations, this place was perfect. Sure you need a taxi to get anywhere, but that's par for the course. A great beach and view is not to be scorned though. Highly recommended. Oh and a fantastic large bed too. And thanks to all at the hotel.

Room Tip: As with all hotels, laundry is expensive. Out of the hotel, turn right, and there across the small...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Andrew P
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Andrew P,

Greetings from Phuket!

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time reviewing our property and its facilities.

We are all happy to read that you have had a very enjoyable time here with us at The Phuket Panwa Beach front resort, and appreciate you taking the time to share your very valuable comments with us, and rest assure that I will personally Conway and share our message with our great team!!

We are looking forward to welcome you soon once again!

be well!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel 2 weeks back, and I must say the hotel's hospitality is superb. we really enjoyed our time and the comfort of the hotel staff. The staff were very helpful and very informative. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and hope to come back to this luxurious place again.

Raymond

Room Tip: Try getting a quieter place towards to the beachfront. that would make your pleasant stay enjoyable.
2  Thank xmist23
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Xmist23,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent stay and sharing with us your extremely valuable comments.

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed the property, its services and the staff dedication to make it a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon back to Phuket Panwa beachfront resort!!

Be well,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Fantastic Honeymoon Stay! Impeccable service, amazing food, great staff, beautiful rooms - what a great experience!

This hotel is perfect for a quiet retreat. If you want to split your time between relaxation and exploring this is the place for you. It is located in Cape Panwa a quiet village that is close enough to visit Phuket town etc... about a 15-20 min drive to attractions etc...

I want to thank the staff for all of there help during our stay. Found Pum and Ying to be extremely helpful. They were always there to greet us with a smile.

Will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: If your on a budget stay a few nights in the Pool Loft Suite and then switch to a normal room for th...
1  Thank Ghinel B
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Ghinel B,

Greetings from Phuket Panwa beachfront Resort!

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us and sharing your valuable comments.
Those are extremely important fir us and rest assure that they will be share among the entire property team!

We are all glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you soon once again in Phuket!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

While booking the hotel, I had a problem with my card and the reservation was cancelled. I phoned twice there to make sure that the payment would be ok and that I had a room there. The problem came from my stupid bank in France, not at all the Hotel’s fault... However, I had to phone and explain them the problem as they did not answer to my mails – I was therefore not very happy with the communication there!

My wife and I arrived at the Hotel after getting a rental car at the airport. We learned from many local friends that transport in general, is very expensive in Phuket – This explains why there are so many negative reviews concerning the transport price in general on the island…It’s not about this hotel! Anyway, you’ll never find a review praising the cheap price of transport on Phuket island – It’s all the same there!!!

We booked a seafront view room. And the complex is immense, so we walked a lot before arriving to our room. The view was just unbelievable… I’ve travelled a lot and been to many hotels, but this is the best view ever from a room! Just imagine this picture: An infinity pool going to the sea with white sand beach… inside a bay with coconut trees and 2 small green islands in the bay !

However, there was a slight damp smell in the room and for some reasons, I thought the bed sheets were a bit moist too – I don’t know if it was the a/c or that the room was too humid.

We felt privileged to have our own private beach, though some would say that it is not suitable for swimming (There are 2 very big swimming pools). Walking along the beach, just next to the Hotel, we met some very nice people who organised trips to Koh PhiPhi and other visits for us.

Our stay here was really fantastic and the staff were extremely helpful and present to our needs. I don’t agree with the numerous reviews about the English of the staff there… I didn’t any problems to make myself understood there, and my English is far from perfect (I’m French…)

Last but definitely not least, the breakfast ! Everything was great… I just didn’t find the sausages but all was there :)

Room Tip: Get a rental car... Going out of the Hotel, on your Left, you can go to the Aquarium... Around ther...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Mervin_75,

Greetings from Phuket Panwa Beachfront Resort,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent experience with us.

Your comments are extremely important for us and rest assure that they will be shared among the Hotel team.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed very much and the service of our team with its attention to details.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon once again in Phuket!

Be well!

sincerely,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Absolutely fabulous stay, it was truly peaceful away from the hustle bustle of Bangkok, rooms were luxurious and good size, good service, staff were very helpful and pleasant, had a wonderful Thai message it was very refreshing, the staff were very professional and it was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Poolside and beach side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Parveen S
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Parvin S,

Greetings from Phuket Panwa Beachfront Resort!!

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing our property and your recent experience.

Your comments are extremely valuable for us thus in order to help us improve our operations hence guest experience.

Rest assure that your review will be share among the team of the hotel.

It was a pleasure having you and we are looking forward to welcome you soon once gain.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I traveled around Thailand solo and thought I'd relax a couple days at a nice hotel. This was a good choice, because it certainly was nice. It had a beautiful view and a beautiful pool and the staff were very lovely. Keep in mind, this place is a 45-minute taxi ride or so from the airport, so it might cost a bit to get there (B800 or so, unless you're savvy) but it's beautiful and quiet and worth it. If you want to experience a beautiful view of a beach from your beautiful room, then this a beautiful place. Most of the other guests were couples, so as a solo backpacker I felt a little of place. But I got some work done and took a break here, and it was alright. I recommend checking out the area nearby. You'll get bored at the hotel eating mostly European-style food, unless that's what you want to eat.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sassafrash
DenisMartin_HKT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sassafrash,

Greetings from sunny Phuket!!

Thank you very much for reviewing our property and sharing your valuable comments with us and others!

We are glad to read that you have been able to relax during your stay at Phuket Panwa Beachfront resort. Indeed it is the perfect spot to do so and recover from daily life stresses.

The property not only offer international/western food but also an exquisite Thai food prepared by Chef Vira.

We are looking to welcome you back soon in our property.

In the meantime take care and be well!

Do not hesitate in contacting me directly should you need any additional information's.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket

Been to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach? Share your experiences!