We stayed here for 4 nights in early July. The rooms in the pool villas are simply amazing. Very large bathrooms, with a large bathtub for two. Two toilets and a stand up shower. And of course the large veranda with an infinity edge pool.
Everything, both in the room and on the grounds, was very clean. The "iPad" that they give you at check-in was OK and we used to to order room service once. They had a lot of great activities including bike rides and daily yoga. There is a shuttle to Patong which I believe was 400 baht and one to the mall in Phuket town which is complimentary.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly. They are always smiling. It doesn't seem like it's contrived, it is a genuine smile of happiness.
What we liked:
- complimentary 8 pieces of laundry per day
- complimentary snack/drink bar in room
- friendly staff
- good quality breakfast (although selection on buffet was limited)
- views are amazing
- check-in was hassle free with a beautiful view
- feels very secluded and golf cart rides are always available
- The beach is not that great. Although if you walk to the Aquarium, you can take a 30 min private boat ride to Coral Island for about 2000 baht....great white sand beach, snorkeling (~150 baht per), and restaurant (lunch was around 1000 baht for two people).
Otherwise, it was a great hotel and we are planning to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amatara Resort & Wellness locates at Cape Panwa, on the southeastern tip of Phuket Island. Amatara Resort & Wellness features 105 rooms and suites, each with its own private balcony and sea view. The resort offers luxury and serenity experience for those who are looking for a relaxing leisure holiday as well as health-oriented treatments and programs. The resort is now also offering all-inclusive Wellness Retreat packages including - Amatara Detox - for toxin-cleanse and refreshen your body and mind - Spa Revive - for an ultimate relaxation - Weight Management - for a sustainable weight loss or balancing body weight - Amatara Active - for physical strengthening and improve endurance - Amatara Yoga - for indulging into the world of yoga - Amatara Connect - for re-connecting and spending time with your loved ones These all retreats starts from a minimum of 3 nights and feature Thai Hammam Experience, the unique relaxing treatment that blends Tukkish and Moroccan bathing practices together with the wisdom and art of Thai therapies which available only at Amatara Resort & Wellness. Amatara Resort & Wellness also have Wellness membership program starting from one month to 12 month program and Wellness Day Package for spa and detox as well as a la carte spa, physiotherapy, detox holistic treatments and fitness trainings that are available everyday from 10am - 8pm. The resort has 3 restaurant outlets: The Grill, The Restaurant and The Retreat serving fine dining international as well as Thai and healthy wellness cuisines. Amatara Resort & Wellness is only 15 minutes away from Phuket Town and just 45 minutes from Phuket International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amatara Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatara Wellness Resort Cape Panwa, Phuket