“Excellent service and unbelievable prices”

Star's Fashion Cape Panwa
More attraction details
Owner description: We are dealing with Custom made suits for gentlemen and women , Dresses, Leather stuff, Pure Thai silk, Pure cotton,Cashmere wool, Make trips abroad to sell the suit in Europe, Accept mail orders world wide, We keep customers final measurement so they can order later by mail. NOTE:PLEASE TRY TO AVOID CALL OR COME THROUGH ANY TAXI/HOTEL STAFF.YOU CAN CALL ME DIRECT ABOUT ANY ASSISTANT.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent service and unbelievable prices”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

On visiting Thailand my boyfriend was keen to get a tailored suit made. We had been recommended a tailor by our rep which was a couple of beaches away, but wandering down the beach front that night we found Star Fashion. We decided to pop in just to get an idea of price. My boyfriend explained what he wanted and the tailor showed us some materials. All the fabrics were beautiful, amazing quality and available in many colours. My boyfriend advised the tailor that demise of his last few suits had been due to wearing in the crotch. The tailor advised us why this happens and suggested a spare pair of trousers be made for each suit. We got a quote for 2 suits, each with 2 pairs of trousers, all in gorgeous cashmere material, and one shirt. He quoted us a fantastic price and we decided to go with him then and there. The service was so friendly, he knew what he was talking about and the price wasn't far off what you'd pay for just one Debenhams / M&S suit at home!

The first night he measured my boyfriend up and took a small deposit. Having been measured for tailored suits myself, I was impressed with how thorough he was with all the measurements - possibly why my suits still don't fit me to this day!

He told us we could come back for a first fitting the next day, which shows how quickly he can turn things around for people in a hurry. At the second fitting my boyfriend tried on the shirt and trousers which were almost finished, and the jacket which sort of looked like a waistcoat at this point! Again, he thoroughly measured them to make sure everything was just right.

We came back for the final time and the suits and shirt were finished. My boyfriend tried them all on and I can honestly say I've never seen anything fit him so well! The suits sat perfectly on his frame and the quality of the material really showed. The lining was amazing with no exposed stitching - a real professional job!

All in all we experienced excellent service from a friendly and helpful tailor and paid an incredible price for 2 top quality suits. The tailor even gave us his card and advised he'd keep measurements on file, in case we ever fancied more shirts or suits. I will definitely be emailing him to make more for Christmases and birthdays as the fit is incredible!

Panwa is one of the quieter areas but don't be fooled into going somewhere bigger. Having purchased tailored suits elsewhere in Thailand before of poorer quality and a higher price, I cannot speak highly enough of Star Fashion and would 100% recommend anyone looking for tailored items pay it a visit! You will not be disappointed.

On a separate note, the same company own an Indian restaurant 2 doors up which is definitely worth a visit. But wait until after you've been measured!

1 Thank MissYVS
TONYDUBEY, Owner at Star's Fashion Cape Panwa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hope you guys going well, Thanks a lot for your time to give such detailed feed back , now I think it's easy for the new customer to understand and for me to talk less about . Thank you very much.Looking forward to make something new for you nice guys.

• Thai first
Goa Velha, India
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thanks Tony for making us looking good which is our neccecity as a sales staff in our firm. Here we bought two suit gray and dark blue both with good quality wool and 4 cotton shirts matching with.We went through couple of fittings to make sure that everything is done well, Tony showed as well inside making with double stitched and firmly fused together. Now we have been using these stuff since more than a moth and going well everything, no complaint at all. for sure we order some more online as Tony told us he has our final sizes.We highly recommend this place for every one who is looking for quality suit in reasonable prices wouldn't be disappoint.

Visited February 2014
Thanks for satisfaction after giving chance to make something for you and for your valuable time to leaving feed back here ,Really appreciated. Hope see you soon.Thanks Indeed.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice guy, nice looking suit, but stitching coming undone”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I got a suit made a few weeks back. Nice material. Reasonably nice fit, however not very well made. First time I wore the jacket for a day on business, the material came away from the underlay that gives the jacket it's shape. I took it back and it was fixed. Now the stitching that holds the jacket lining together is falling apart. I have only worn the suit twice. Unfortunately I am no longer in Phuket so cannot take it back to get it fixed. I hate writing negative reviews but I guess that's the only way we can all rely on this review system.

3 Thank LEGS2011
TONYDUBEY, Owner at Star's Fashion Cape Panwa, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Elise I'm so sorry for this miss happening, I'm shocked when I saw ur response here and had hard talk with my tailor, Is it Possible can u please send me this jacket so I will make new jacket not going to fix this, will be really big help for me.looking forward for that.I hope u can understand my position.
“High quality, affordable prices and extraordinary service”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

On our first trip to Phuket, we stumbled upon stars fashion near our resort and were greeted by Tony. Unlike other tailors we had encountered, Tony was respectful, patient and accommodating to all our needs. After a few fittings and some great conversations, our end products (mens suits) were of superb quality and priced well within our budget. Would recommend anyone staying in phuket who wants high quality tailored suits to Stars fashion. Tonys lovely wife also runs the travel agent next door and gave us some great deals on various things.

Visited November 2013
TONYDUBEY, Owner at Star's Fashion Cape Panwa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you very much my lovely friends for your time to take for nice review here, It is grateful to have response after hard work to make you satisfy which is pleasure and big help to keep our quality maintain. Thanks Indeed , See you guys next time and make something new. Have nice time.
Noerre Aaby, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Too bad I did not go there earlier”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We spent two weeks on Phuket. I visited several tailors and ordered shirts at a couple of them. Unfortunately Tony was the last I contacted. I write unfortunately because the advise offered, the knowledge about fabrics, quality of workmanship and "keep the promises" was far better with Tony than what I experienced earlier on my trip. I would come back!

Visited January 2014
Thanks Sir for your time to review my premier after giving chance to make something for yourself doesn't matter after The Barry London Tailor even.It is so important for us to keep our quality maintain after knowing the feed back from our customers. Thanks again , See you next but not at last hope so.