“Great experience!”
Review of Sail In Asia

Sail In Asia
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail In Asia Water Sports Activity Centre / IYT Sea School is located in the beautiful, unspoilt , Ao Yon Bay at Cape Panwa.We specialise in Learn to Sail, one or two day courses, for tourists. Our Sea School offers five day, recreational courses.Groups can take day trips to the islands on our 40ft luxury yacht or on our 26ft yachts. We offer small group full day sail sail trips, half day, and sunset cruises, Private charter and much more.The Water Sports Centre has full facilities, and offers Wake Boarding, Donut Rides, Stand up Paddle and Canoeing.We are an IMO recognised Safety Training Centre so you can be sure of quality instruction and equipment.Check out our website.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had never sailed before and took the 2-day Learn to Sail program - had a great time. The instructors were friendly, helpful and very competent. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Base_shifter

Reviewed 31 January 2013

As a destination expert for Cape Panwa Sail In Asia's activity water sports centre is a great addition for the area. Situated in Ao Yon on a beautiful unspoilt sandy beach 5 minutes from Panwa Village. I booked the full day sail and went to Racha Island and Koh Mai Thon known as Honeymoon Island. It was a wonderful day only 6 people on the 40ft yacht Venture which is a dream to sail on especialy when the sails go up. Everybody was well looked after by the Sail in Asia staff and it certainly will not be my last visit. On offer at the water sports centre is Donut Rides, Wakeboards, kayaks, Stand up Paddle Boards and Full Day, Half Day & Sunset Sailing also learn to sail. It is also an added bonus that there was no need to travel to Chalong or a yacht marina. After we returned from the yacht I spent a few hours relaxing on the beautiful beach which is not tidal and in this bay you are able to swim all day. Sail in Asia have thought of everything with shower and toilet facilities for their guests and the centre is nice and shaded with tables and seating. Well done Sail In Asia for giving the Panwa area something to do other than laze on a beach.

3  Thank jenson
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I recently took a hankering to learn how to sail so I joined Sail in Asia for a two day learn to sail course.
I was very impressed by the facilities they had right on Ao Yon beach. I was expecting a small dinghy but instead got a 35ft cruising yacht !
The Instuctors were very friendly and really knew their job, all in all a great two days, I would heartily reccomend this if you are feeling like you need t do something instead of lounging on a beach, two days sailing a beautiful yacht in crystal water. Heaven.

2  Thank OnemoreRawai
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Chose these guys to do my IYT Competent Crew course with. Price was the most competitive, and their facilities looked excellent. Only downer of my experience was light winds, but that was out of anyone's control! Apart from that, i Learnt to sail on 3 different sized boats, more practical and hands on than i ever expected, really liked the owners and staff, and their new club house is amazing. Thoroughly recommend

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I visited this place in December 2012 to take a 3 week sailing course in order to allow me to safely charter my own yacht whenever I wanted to. The weather over the three weeks was perfect for sailing as we sailed around the south of Phuket Island and passed by lots of other secluded beach islands on the way. I thoroughly enjoyed the instruction and tuition given by the Sail In Asia staff and the setting of their school at Ao a yon bay is absolutely wonderful with a great little beach for relaxing when you have finished a day of sailing. When it came to doing the classroom based studying, it was carried out directly on the beach at the purpose built building. I can't possibly think of a better place to study than next to a sandy beach! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for something different in Phuket.

3  Thank amh2304
SailinAsia, General Manager at Sail In Asia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Hello
Many thanks for your kind words about us, we are pleased you found the experience fun. I have to agree it is possibly one of the most beautiful locations to learn in but I may be biased!
Many thanks