“it is really very good”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Cape Panwa
Price range: US$4 - US$105
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Known as one of Thailand's Best Restaurants, The Grill serves the freshest seafood and the best meat cuts in a variety of local and international styles with an exceptional wine list.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Since it is quite remote area to go out for dinning at night, we booked the grill for dinner before the day we leave. We will leave the next day. Want to share here while the memory still fresh. I didn't expect the quality was high, not saying the food in the resort is no good but not expect that they cook the western menu so well. I think the chef is very detail minded that designed some dishes, such as appertizer, mango sobert in between the course for customer to refresh the mouth. This is really a five star standard. And the ingredients didn't let us down. I chose the grill tenderloin and my husband chose King prawn in thai style as main dishes. The Thai king prawn was really good that they also followed our request to add more spicy. Honestly grill tenderloin is fair. What I admired was the tasting platter, fresh oyster and the details in between courses and with reasonable price. We have stayed in W Koh samui two months before, I will say the dinning experience in grill was more impressive than the dinning experrience in W's. Good job chef , please keep making your customers happy after dinning in your restaurant.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went to dinner at The Grill expecting good things as I know of Chef Justin's attention to detail. Cannot fault a thing. The amuse bouche was a lovely prawn and avocado number. The pork belly was nearly as good as my own. The palette cleanser is fun and refreshing. The meat is of top quality and cooked as ordered which is a nice change for Phuket. Simple, clean presentation. The sides were a sight to behold. Truffled asparagus, creamy mash potato with home made bacon, roasted potatoes, simple green salad. All seasoned perfectly and the house made bacon is great. Nice touch of drama with the pre-dessert: pina colada granita with a tall wisp of cotton candy. Dessert itself was a tasting plate. Rich, good quality chocolate, lovely cheese cake. Great technique and flavors.

Service was attentive. Wine list was good and the manager was on hand to recommend some wines. Justin came out during the course of the meal to talk about the food which is always a nice touch.

Great place to have a special dinner or even just for a good feed. The all day dining outlet does a mean burger too!

1  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I think it's the 6th time i come here, with friends, with family, it's a mandatory stop when i'm in Phuket. The Chef Justin, is not only a great swimmer, he also cook pretty decently : D

I've never found a better price/quality ratio and i'm a food freak, it's also a great way to remind us how we used to eat before, taking our time, enjoying each bite, relaxing around a nice glass of NZ Sauvignon blanc, enjoying the talk with the Chef between dishes.. Dinner can easily last 3 hours without realizing.

Contact me if you went there and you didn't like it, i will personnally refund you.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My girlfriend and I ate here on our last night in Phuket. We stayed at the Radisson which just around the corner, but read the reviews for this restaurant and so took a stroll around te corner to give it a try. We weren't disappointed.

The restaurant overlooks the Cape and is beautifully set out. The service is, as with most good hotels and restaurants in Thailand, fantastic.

We had the salmon and wagyu steak with a variety of side dishes, followed by the chocolate fondant and accompanied by red wine. every part of the meal was fantastic, and I'd highly recommend the fondant!
The meal was also preceded by complimentary lobster and caviar and crispy bread. The sorbets in between courses were also a nice touch.

Highly recommend this place for a couples dinner. Excellent value ($140AUD total for two mains, dessert and wines) and excellent food, service and venue.

1  Thank Timmolton
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

If you come to a western style restaurant in an up market hotel you don't expect beach cafe prices or the same food. This is a fantastic restaurant and the best value for such a style we have had in Thailand. As suggested fare is mix of meat or fish. There is a taster menu of 3 courses at 1650 baht and for an extra 1000 baht you can a glass of wine per course. We felt that this in itself was good given prices for such restaurants in our experience around the world. The seafood is excellent. Scallops wonderful perfectly cooked. Prawn salad same. Mains of fish of day 850 baht for a whole sea bass !!!! Very very good. Wagyu strip loin again good. You have 2 side orders with these and it was too much for us!! Wine as ever in Thailand is expensive but single glasses are well priced and if you are mixing white/red prove a cheaper and more sensible option by the glass ! We couldn't do desert too full! In all we found the staff very attentive as elsewhere in the resort -excellent

2  Thank Simon W