“Relaxing”

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here in February for 8 days and found it a fantastic hotel in a great location . We found the staff very good and not pushy or obtrusive . The hotel is getting older but the standards in cleanliness and food make up for this and it's nice to see a bit of character and not just new and shiny !! Would recommend for anyone with time to relax and watch the world go by

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Your relaxing 8 day stay with us last month, at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, has been noted. Thank you for your positive endorsement.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We were only there last Sept (for more info about hotel and its surrouding shops etc, you can check out my other review on cape panwa, just going to cover things that I haven't already in the last review) and decided to take our parents back to show them phuket just recently (Got back yesterday). We stayed in Cape Panwa again as was happy with last stay. I was impressed that requests made through emails prior to arriving were noticed. Our parents cant walk very far and certainly can't do steps so the hotel put them into a room on the same level as reception and lobby as some of the other rooms would require for them to walk up/down steps. They stayed in the Cape Suite and was happy with their room. Be aware that room on same level as lobby do not really have beach views, though its balcany are high enough, the palm trees blocks the views to the beach, in this case it was more important that they didn't have to use steps than for them to have ocean views, I only mentioned this for others. Very specious. We stayed in cape suite on last visit, this time, we chose Junior suite which is up from where the hotel spa is and were happy with that room also. We were on 3rd floor and had a lovely view to the ocean. I love the room we had but I'm sorry that I'll be keeping the rm number to myself. Its so peaceful there as always. I had the room to myself one night when my partner and parents were out and I had teeth whitening done that day so didn't feel like going out due to being in a lot of pain, however I was still able to enjoy the serenity of the room, had my fav music playing while sitting on the balcany looking over the ocean, it was bliss (apart from the shooting pain in my gum!) The weather wasn't even that great, but that didn't affect the atmosphere, I still enjoy sitting on the balcany very much. The difference from our parents room and our room is that, well for one they had to have Cape suite as Junior Suit isn't near lobby and req going up steps. Cape suits seems to all be situated around pool and nearer to beach and lobby/restuarant, Junior suits are up the hill abit, behind their dayspa. You can still see the ocean from J suit, atleast we did on 3rd floor. Cape suit is bigger and there's a walk in wardrobe with sort of a dresser area where J suite does not have this area. Also Cape suit has a Jaccuzi on the balcany, and room size I'd say is generally bigger.
Breakfast was lovely except it was quite busy so had to help ourselves to coffee/tea as waiters didn't come to our table at all (this part was annoying but no, it still wouldn't necessarily put me off coming here, but if management is reading it, pls improve on breakfast service) Food was great there.
We used their day room (available only on day of departure) on our last day as our flight back didn't leave until 7pm. I think it's lovely that the hotel has reserve the room for only guests checking out. there's tea and coffee and cake for guests using the room. I believe there were other snacks but my father in law (to be... or not to be..) ate the other snacks before I got there, apparently some sausage rolls or something like that. There's ofcourse, showers, toilet and gym attached to the day room and the room has air cond also.
I had room service for 2 of the nights we were there and food was very nice, price is not much more than the popular sawadee ?? down the road. Love the basil and chilli stirfry. Thai mains were around 200bht which for hotel food, it really is reasonable.
I would go back there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlaineandAimee
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is happy to know that your second stay with us met your expectations and endorsement. Thank you for making the effort and taking the time to offer a descriptive review of useful advice to other readers planning a stay in Phuket. We look forward to your return.
Helston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel is only a three star in my estimation you can see that it was once very good but it looks tired and in places needs updating the lighthouse bar was dirty and looks like a dive should be closed. Our room was nice and overlooked the bay but it was spoiled by the old mattress that was dumped on the slop outside our balcony our kuoni rep took up this issue on our behalf on the first day of our holiday but it was still there when we left eleven days later. There was black mold in and around the shower/bath not good. The beach area very beautiful but sadly lots of rubbish. if you tip the staff (Bribe) they reserve sun beds and get you drinks all day long but if you are new to this resort as we were you get completely overlook (invisible) the water sports staff were not helpful and we felt as if we were a nuisance. The beach bar was staffed by a woman who could not be bothered to even be civil and quite frankly was rude.It seems to me that guest who return year after year get better treatment although many guests we spoke to who have been holidaying here for years say that it is going down hill. There seems to be a lack of motivation in most of the staff, this I blame squarely on the management our one and only dealing with the guest relations manager Tim was terrible he could not be bothered ! We asked if we could vacate our room slightly later as we had a late flight , he replied abruptly "The answer is NO " again we felt a nuisance . Having travelled all over the world Thailand is a beautiful place but such a shame that management who I believe do not represent the true feeling of the Thai people towards its visitors spoil it. Will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in superior room which was ok but the bathroom needs updating
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kathryn J
After your recent stay of 11 days with us at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, we appreciate your making the effort and taking the time to offer your feeddback. By the way, the Lighthouse is in fact currently being repainted a shiny white. We have a policy in place regarding not accepting bribes, but please note many guests are regular repeaters, whose wants and ways are known to our staff: for example, one couple usually has coffee at 10:30 every morning and the staff oblige without needing to be asked. The question of guest hospitality and staffing has been shared with our team in our continuing efforts to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for our guests. We’re sorry we have failed to meet or exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Just holidayed at the Cape Panwa as a returning customer, what can I say. We were given a beautiful room with a large day bed and a hot tub on the verandah. A truly relaxing hotel with a lovely peaceful ambiance. It has a beautiful beach, plenty of sunbeds, the free wi-fi even works on the beach! If you want to sample the more livelier places the hotel runs a shuttle bus to Patong each evening, leaving at 7.30pm and picks you up at 11.30pm for 300 baht. One little tip, if you use the hotel shuttle to Phuket Town, the drop off point is a small shuttle point. Upon exiting the shuttle bus you will be surrounded by cab drivers offering to drive you around for 100 baht, I know this isn't a lot of money, but all they are interested in is taking you to tacky gift and jewellery stores.The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly and a smile goes a long way in my book. An amazing choice of food at breakfast, overlooking the Andaman sea on one side or the pool on the other side. The Lighthouse is a good place to visit in the evening, happy hour from 9.30-10.30pm, it's worth a visit just to be served by Simon! Or you can get the free shuttle down the hill where there are bars and a variety of reasonably priced restaurants. I have read some of the other reviews and to be quite frank, remarks about the staff being unfriendly, I found to be untrue, and if you need to leave a comment about the cable car looking a little untidy then perhaps you are being very pedantic and nothing will ever satisfy you.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Travelingsilkman
We welcome you as one of our regulars at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, and are very pleased to know you had another enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your positive endorsement.
nottingham
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful ! Spacious ! Clean ! Light ! Bright ! Calm atmosphere! There is no rushing around ! For relaxation this hotel is perfect! Our room was R222 so pleased with the space and cleanliness! Orchids adorned our room every day! Breakfast catered for all tastes and as much as you wanted! We did a Buffett meal in the hotel the first night which was lovely! We ate out the other nights at the local restaurants and these were lovely too! We had club sandwiches at the hotel snack bar on the beach most days with drinks and found this more than satisfying! We did trips to phi phi island snorkelling etc and loved it ! Fantastic day! We booked coral island with the hotel and we had an amazing snorkelling experience on the beach drop off ( we hired masks and snorkels 100bts each worth it) then went back on the boat for a 40 minute deep sea snorkel fantastic! We flew with Malaysian airlines to kuala lumpa then to phuket! Great experince and would definitely fly with them again! We felt as though we had had a longer holiday than our 8 days there and we have said we will return soon!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aaleivers
We are very pleased to learn that you had a “wonderful holiday” with us at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, during your recent stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for giving us your positive feedback.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a lovely resort at the most end of Phuket island. The hotel is located at Cape Panwa, where is a kind of far away from the crowded district of Phuket. It is quite remote from the shopping areas, but there is a shuttle bus commute between the near by area and the hotel.

The hotel itself is not brand new, though it is well maintained. The bedroom is not large, but have sufficient facility. There is a balcony overlook the sea side. Since the hotel is located on the hill at the cape, most of the rooms are designed to front the sea side. The bed amenities are clean and comfortable.It has all typical facilities, and welcome fruits.

The bathroom is quite small, but with a see through glass wall it does not small as it appeared. The bathroom is well maintain, and clean. There is not much amenities provided, but it should be available if requested. Beware of the hot water, at the time of my stay, it is very very hot.

The breakfast is nice. The food is fresh, though nothing is special. The best part, I guess, is the location of the restaurant which you can have a panoramic view of the Andaman sea.

Staffs are friendly, and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't miss the welcome drink, you can have a glass of wine or beer for free....
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for your positive commentary on your recent stay with us at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, and we hope to see you again soon.
Surrey
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed only a weekend in this hotel because of a friend's wedding, let me first say that the wedding was awesome, everything was set up perfectly and it was an amazing evening and I am so happy that the hotel dealt with everything so professionally.

However, if I was going for a relaxing holiday I wont stay at this resort. The resort is very big and as a result very busy. There are not enough staff in the grounds and I think the ones that are around are too stressed to treat the guest nicely. We ordered some food by the beach, when the food arrived one item was missing so my husband just asked if the last item is on its way. Instead of a simple "yes, its coming", the waitress starting shouting at us and said "can't we see she only has 2 hands"....I had never experienced the staff at a 5 star resort shouting at me. Our room wasn't cleaned till very late in the day which again shows how busy and short staffed they were. It was high season and hotel was fully booked but I think they shouldn't let the service drop so much if they are busy.

The room itself (cape suite) was very nice and big, it was also nicely decorated, however, the balcony set up wasn't very nice, the Jacuzzi had no view, it was old fashioned 70s style plastic bath and it was full of leaves. Looked like no one had bothered cleaning or looking after the balcony for ages.

The resort is 1 hour by car from the airport, you can book the hotel shuttle bus to pick you up/drop off at the airport and it roughly cost the same as a taxi so I recommend using the hotel bus.

I would give it 3.5 stars if it was available

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Miti81
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for making the effort and taking the time to give us your feedback after your weekend stay with us for a friend’s wedding. We were pleased to hear the wedding was ‘awesome’.
The unprofessional response from the staff member has been shared with the relevant department and we sincerely apologize for the response you received. Staffing levels during high occupancy have been noted and firmly addressed to ensure a consistent service level for all guests.
Once again, your feedback has been shared with our team and is appreciated. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Amatara Wellness Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!