“Fantastic”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent Easter at the Cape Panwa for our daughter`s wedding. Our rooms didn't really have a great view V421, U418, and U415 but this didn't detract from a wonderful wedding and holiday.
The staff were absolutely wonderful, so friendly and helpful even though the Easter weekend was really busy with a couple of weddings. We stayed full board so were able to sample food from all the restaurants and as some other reviews mention it is quite slow service at Panwa House but well worth the wait in lovely surroundings listening to the sea. Top of the Reef is also worth a visit air conditioned and great service. The main restaurant served a great breakfast and the lady who cooks the variety of fresh eggs is highly recommended. Beware if you eat at the back of the restaurant facing the sea don't leave your fruit or toast on the table to go to pick up the rest of your breakfast the birds will ensure it may not be there when you get back! Not a negative comment it's entertaining watching. This hotel as mentioned in the brochures and feedback is not one for travellers who want a lively holiday but what it is, is a fantastic relaxing retreat with lovely staff including the housemaids and waiting staff who appear to work in the entire hotel tirelessly.

We did realise after a week that we could leave the hotel from the back car park which meant we only had a few steps to reach Uncle John`s bar rather than walk down the steps and up the steep but short hill. Either side of Uncle Johns are the places to get your laundry done before you go home. Only one negative from the area rather than the hotel, is there are not enough little bars outside of the hotel to sit and have an inexpensive drink.

Room Tip: C, T rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat085
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, welcomes your sharing your observations after your stay with us, and your family wedding hosted by us. Your positive endorsement and descriptive review should be helpful to other guests, including those needing to know a shorter way to get to Uncle John’s. Your appreciation of our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, by position, has been passed onto them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another ‘fantastic’ stay with us. Thank you for your observations.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed at Cape Panwa for about 10 days in a beautiful room, with an incredibly nice view on the beach (Building L). The hotel offers a perfect balance between relaxing on the PRIVATE beach and the possibility of undertaking trips. Furthermore there's a pool which is nicely located near the rooms. The staff was overall very friendly and helpful (especially the service of Damian has been a great help! He helped us out with any kind of problem that occured during our stay, so thank you!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your positive commentary, has noted your appreciation of attentive and helpful staff, by name, for sharing with them, and looks forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Although I came to this hotel because of an international conference at which I was a speaker (i.e,. I had no choice), I can honestly say that my partner and I were extremely pleased with the hotel. The entire staff was friendly and the service was excellent. Upon arrival at 9:00 pm, we were instantly upgraded to a junior suite with a view by the young manager who saw that my husband walks with the aid of a cane and could not possibly manage the "climb" to our reserved room. For this we thank you, Boonsong! The only "problem" with the hotel for someone who has not been to Thailand previously (this was my fifth visit to wonderful Thailand) is its location at the end of Cape Panwa. However, the hotel does offer a shuttle (small fee) to Phuket and other locations, as well as a free shuttle to the nearby tiny village. The ocean and the beach are fantastic, and so are the swimming pools. All in all, I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort in this part of Thailand.

Room Tip: Any room with a view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArnaModiinIsrael
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, is pleased to have met your expectation, thanks you for your positive endorsement, and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon. Your thoughtful mention of appreciation for our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, some by name, has been noted for sharing with them. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at Cape Pawan over the past weekend after reading great reviews on Tripadvisor only to experience major disappointment with their services.

The hotel is nice, has some old charm to it, beautiful beach and spacious room, but the quality of services ruin it all. I was very disappointed with almost all the touch points I had with them.

Reservation: the hotel required non-refundable deposit for the first night, which I paid using my credit card. The staff called me 3 days after I paid that I haven't made any payment which I insisted I did. The lady just kept arguing with me instead of went back and checked the payment. I told her to call my assistant, which she then sent an apology note.

Limo pickup: I booked the hotel limo to pick me up from the airport for convenience. Upon reaching the arrival hall, the staff was no where to be seen. I walked outside the hall, looked around 2 times then decided to call the hotel. The hotel had no clue what's going on, then I had to walk around again only to find the staff stood somewhere way outside of the arrival hall and not even close to the entrance / exit! When I asked where was she earlier, she just replied "i was here for a long while. The point is, why was she not in the arrival hall??? Any typical hotel would wait for their guest IN the arrival hall or at least at the exit of the arrival hall or call the guest when they can't find him / her!

Check-in: after I got down from the bus, the staff took my bag out and left it unattended on the floor without even bringing it to me at the check-in counter. Staff was unfriendly and rather clueless

Breakfast: all the staffs looked like they hate their job. The egg station was borderline-rude. Staffs were not helpful.

Beach: no one was there to help with the sunbed, no service or whatsoever

Room: very poor cleaning, I saw bunch of hairs (which weren't mine) underneath the table along with dust - rather disgusting.

The list can go on and on. I'm very curious about other reviewers' great service experience. Perhaps, the hotel applies 2 standards, one for foreign guests and one for local Thai guest (which I am)

I'm very disappointed with Cape Panwa and will not go back there again. What a shame for such a nice property

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Katimiumiu
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your feedback on your weekend stay with us as a local guest which has been noted and shared with our team in our continuing effort to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests all the time. Please free to contact me directly at: gm@capepanwa.com

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Like their room very big with big bathroom consist of bathtub and shower top those of all is super clean...They have 3 pool...In the top of their new building, in the lobby and near the beach. Their staff also friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your brief but positive mention of our property and operation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the hotel. It was a wonderful experience, rooms are comfortable and of high standard, staff are warm and friendly and are always willing to assist. The hotel's private beach, pool, entertainment rooms are a real joy. The hotel restaurant was good with reasonable prices and I would recommend the duck. Although the hotel is away from the craziness of patong, the hotel offers a reliable shuttle service (400 baht per person) to patong (as well as other regions). The phuket town is also 12 km away and you could either use the hotel's shuttle or take the public bus. We enjoyed the convenience of the hotel shuttle service (I think it was 200/300 baht per person)as the public buses can take a while. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to the aquarium where you can find restaurants as well as a small night market. For those who want a tranquil and relaxed holiday, this is the place to be, as the hotel offers a lot and you would not find the need to venture out (unless you want to go on a tour). For those looking for a party, I would advise booking in near patong as the drive from Cape panwa is rather long and transportation costs will accumulate. We regret not spending more time at the hotel but we look forward to our next visit to phuket as we would definitely stay at this hotel again. We recommend a suite over looking the hotel pool as the view of the beach is breathtaking.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silvercitysurfer

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, appreciates your descriptive and informative review which should assist other readers planning a stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another wonderful holiday experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our first visit to Cape Panwa, stayed in room R113 for 6 nights, view was nice, but hotel has rooms with better views. Room was very clean and comfortable, bed linen changed daily. Air con and lights are connected to door key to conserve power when your not there. Tip, ask for a second room key, to keep air con working when your out. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wifi is an issue, free to public areas, in room cost 600 baht per week, but only work in one part of the room.
The breakfast is wonderful, actually all meals were great, not the place to go if you want to loose weight. Went to Panwa house for a buffet dinner, what an experience, dinner on white linen, only meters from the shoreline, the food was great but the entertainment was brilliant, a group of energetic musicians playing a variety of music and then the traditional Thai dancers came out, an unexpected delight. The resort is out of the way, which is just what we wanted, all the conveniences non of the hassles, just relax

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, ask for a room close to the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart Q
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for sharing your observations with us and our readers after your first visit with us on Cape Panwa. Your feedback should be helpful to other readers planning a stay with us while we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 9 in Karon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!