“6th time return to Cape Panwa”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was my 6th visit to this hotel, and of course there will be 7th time. As return guest, it looks like return to my another home. After arrived to the airport, a driver was waiting for us, unfortunately some trouble of his car but he arranged another car for us because he didn't want us to wait for long, very thankful and good service mind. I have stayed 3 days 2 nights and would like to share my opinion below.

[Hotel]
Always impressive with their room (Usually I stay in Cape Suite). Huge space and have own outdoor whirlpool. Modern decoration and hotel area is very relax, many green. Lobby and living area are so nice looking. Private beach for only guests is plus. Sleep quality is very good!
[Service]
All staffs are very warm and kind. Pleased to serve service. However, I found that many of front desk staffs are new and may need more experience to manage in some situation. Some staffs in Cafe Andaman at breakfast were chatting a lot (well, but they're really helpful and kind to serve service : both of front and Breakfast staffs)
[Food&Beverage]
I love breakfast here, many types of foods and good quality. Special fruit bar concept is very good, I think hotel made a good decision to put this. But when I had dinner at Uncle Nan, I found some disappointed for cocktail presentation. Manhathan came by a normal still water glass (1/3 glass high if you use normal glass, it should be served by a cocktail glass). I didn't know what's happened.
In the total, though it had some small upset comparing with previous visit, but I still like this hotel due to hotel itself and service from staffs. I think I just was unlucky only this time. So if you want to stay in a hotel which is quiet and good environment for relax, private beach and reasonable price, I suggest to stay here. And you will be their return guess for sure!

Room Tip: Cape Suite is very good!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thitikorn Y
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket is pleased to have feedback from one of our regular guests. We greatly appreciate your observations, and will definitely take them into consideration. We are elated to hear that your sixth stay with us was pleasant and enjoyable, and that our rooms and food options continue to meet your expectations. In regards to our staff, during the low season we often hire new staff members and train them thoroughly, in preparation for the more active high season, which may explain their lackadaisical-yet-helpful disposition.
Thank you again for your input and we look forward to seeing and serving you upon your seventh visit to Cape Panwa!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Cape Panwa is the perfect destination for a quiet, relaxing holiday and a good base to explore Phuket. Staff are all incredibly helpful and friendly. Food is great but watch out for the birds!! The accommodation was spotless and very spacious - all maintained to a very good standard. If you need the exercise then the hill between the hotel facilities is good but so is their bus service after a meal down by the sea. Try Sea Breeze - great, fresh home made food which is really inexpensive. As a family we couldn't think of what could be improved - and we're a pretty fussy bunch!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I have just returned from 10 days at Cape Panwa hotel in a Junior Suite. We were shown to a lovely room with a fantastic view over the water and surrounding islands. The room was very clean and large as was the bathroom. We enjoyed sitting on our balconey during the evening and were able to see ships and tankers coming into the Port during the day. The highlight of the hotel to us was the lovely clean beach with plenty of sun lounges, towels, palm trees for shade on the lawn and a great beach bar called the Bamboo Bar. We had lunch and drinks here everyday at very reasonable prices. The tram down to the beach and back saves climbing many stairs and runs back and forth all day whenever anyone is waiting. We had a few swims in the hotel pool but thought more sun lounges and umbrellas should be in place instead of the fixtures they have at the moment which don't provide much shade.
Most evenings for dinner we took the hotel vehicle down the hill to the little village where we ate at a Thai restaurant called Sawasdee which served good fresh food at very low prices. This is a great service provided by the hotel to enable guests to visit the village which is down a very steep hill. One day we did the Thai cooking class and really enjoyed that. No skills needed as the chef takes you through the recipes at an easy pace. Then you get to eat what you have made which is delicious. Would definitely recommend this class if you are interested in cooking Thai food. Had 4 massages in the beautiful Cape Spa and found their skills to be very professional.
Although Cape Panwa Hotel is quite a long drive from the airport it is in such a lovely peaceful location away from the hustle and bustle of Patong. Many people return again and again and we can understand why. We hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Janet M

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket is proud to hear that you enjoyed your ten day stay with us. We appreciate your positive mention of our cooking classes and Cape Spa, and we are delighted to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and to your liking. We make an effort to ensure that that all of our guests have an amazing experience at our hotel, and we are pleased to hear that we succeeded in making your stay both comfortable and memorable.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and positive review. We truly hope to see and serve you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My partner and I have just spent 10 glorious days at Cape Panwa Hotel. From check in to check out everything was just perfect. The staff were always helpful and had cheerful personalities, especially the reception, breakfast staff and the bus drivers.
We had a suite in C block above the Andaman Cafe overlooking the main pool. We were not bothered by any noise when the doors were shut but I did feel like I was eyeing off the swimmers in the pool when I was on the balcony. I noticed a lot of people "reserving" loungers even before the pool was open! Lots of stairs to reach our room but that was only a problem after a few boozy nights out.
The hotel has a lovely, private beach with plenty of space for everyone. Being sun smart we prefer to sit in the shade and there were plenty of loungers to choose from. Good service from the beach bar staff if you want a drink or a snack.
The breakfast spread was awesome - plenty of choices. We didn't find the birds a problem at all. Just shoo them away. We didn't have a bad meal when we ate in the restaurants in the hotel but we ate out most nights at the local restaurants. After a night out in Patong we ordered room service. Food arrived quickly and was very good. Steak Night was also very good and great value too.
Phuket Town and Patong can be reached easily by either the hotel shuttle or taxi if you feel the need for rowdy night life or shopping. We were always glad to get back to Cape Panwa!
Ocean views, private beach, beautiful rooms, good restaurants and bars and of course, wonderful staff is why we will be returning next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Loki_12

We at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket are happy to hear that you enjoyed your ten-day stay with us, and we greatly appreciate your taking the time to write such a positive, extensive review. We are elated to hear that you and your partner enjoyed our services, our facilities, and our in-room dining options and we are happy to know that you ventured out and experienced some of the local night life in Phuket.
As we strive to provide the penultimate vacation experience for all of our guests, we take immense pride in hearing that you and your partner had a wonderful time with us. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have the opportunity to see and serve you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just spent a week at the Cape Panwa Hotel - it was amazingly beautiful and peaceful. The beach is lovely and faces East which is perfect, there are lots of loungers and good service. The main pool could do with a few more loungers and there us another pool down near the beach.. A small tram takes you down to the beach and back if you don't want to walk. The service was fantastic, from check-in to check out. The meals were fantastic, including room service. The breakfast is also really good. We had a 4 hour spa treatment that was extremely good value for money - I don't think I have ever felt so relaxed. The resort has many types of accommodation and is very big so if you have problems with stairs, go for a Cape Suite in J or L block. We stayed in T block, room T307 - there is a lift to the 3rd floor but a few sets of steps to get to the lift lobby. The Junior Suite was huge with a fabulous luxe bathroom and a really good bed. The air-con is excellent. T Block has north facing rooms and our room had a spectacular view of the sea with a lovely island in the background. The north wall is all windows with sheer and block out curtains. The balcony has a double day bed and 2 chairs and a table. One of the restaurants has a dress code but it is air-conditioned and the food is fantastic. Cape Panwa is quite isolated and I suggest using My Service My Travel for airport transfers and day trips. Their internet service is quick and easy, their cars spotless and their drivers have good English and are very helpful. Their rates are also very reasonable.
There are a few tailors up the hill from the Hotel, and various massage and nail places. We liked Diva, the services were good and the prices very reasonable. I had a suit and 2 shirts made at Manning and Manning which is the first one up the hill, about 50 metres from reception. Mr Addy is very helpful and does really good work.
There is another hotel down in the village and the shuttle bus goes back and forth day and night every 20 minutes. I highly recommend the Italian restaurant - good food and service with excellent prices, we ate there twice. We will definitely return to the Cape Panwa Hotel.

Room Tip: A Cape Suite Block J or L on level 2 if you don't want to climb stairs. Level 3 if you want a vi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomWillson

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket is pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable time staying at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review, and thank you for your positive comments regarding our location, services, food and beverage options and rooms.
We are quite elated to hear that our spa treatments exceeded your expectations, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Also, we would like to thank you for your recommendations to your fellow vacationers who may stay with us at a later date.
Thank you again for your review. We truly hope to see and serve you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Today I say farewell to the fabulous & friendly staff at Cape Panwa for my 7th visit since 2006, Special thanks to Tim (guest relations), Varoon (pool & Cafe Andaman) who is amazing & goes above the call of duty, Nikolai (pool/waiter) and Jennifer (Cafe Andaman). My friends & I keep coming back, even though there always seems to be a renovation project going, since it is the low season, but the hotel always makes up for this with some gesture.
The hotel landscape of many coconut palms is stunning, tranquil and far away (45mins) from the hustle & bustle of Patong. The hotels provides an excellent shuttle service to Patong, Phuket town and Central shopping centre for a small fee.
If you like a beach, then the private beach cove here is amazing, with plenty of sunbeds, waiters to take your drink/food order, a second pool & no locals to hassle you into buying something. There are a few shells/coral in the sea, & we found it handy to purchase cheap booties from the sports store at Central to wear in the water. We love the Main pool with Varoon out waiter (or Nic). Since my last visit they have upgraded the sunbeds to now have a fancy curtain shade cloth. While pretty, they are more bulky & this has meant a reduction in the number of sunbeds available. I feel this us a problem. During our stay we saw many guests not able to get a bed & end up going down to the beach, or have to sit at a table next to Cafe Andaman in shade. There is room near the shallow end where more beds could be placed, & there is room next to some of the new ones for some more to be added. This is the low season, I would hate to see the rush for beds during the peak season.
Since the superior rooms were upgraded to Cape Suites, they are now fantastic spacious modern rooms. There are only 2 negatives for me with the rooms. 1. FREE wifi should be included IN your room along with the free wifi already available in certain spots around the hotel grounds. It should be valid for your entire stay & not have to get a new password daily. 2. Since the upgrade the mattresses they bought are now too hard. I like chiropedic firm mattresses and have one at home, but these were too hard for me & feel they needed the pillow top layer on top which you find with many mattresses nowadays. For my stay this was rectified by putting extra sheets under my fitted sheet which did the job.
The hotel & surrounding local restaurants are all great. However the hotel menu has never been changed in the ten years my friends & I have stayed. Breakfast is amazing and the addition of the super fruit stand this year was well received. It 's time to UPDATE the Cafe Andaman, main pool & room service menu. This was the first time I got tired of ordering the same stuff poolside & the odd room service.
There are many cheap massage parlours next to the hotel which are good but I always get at least one pampering at the Cape Panwa Spa. It is a beautiful 5 star experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my blossoming spa 3hr treatment yesterday & my rehydrating facial today. Though not cheap, it is, compared to what you would pay in Australia for the same service. I only have one negative which let's this Spa down: they do not cater for the plus size woman with there panties, gowns & pyjamas for the Siamese massage. One size DOES NOT fit all! I have provided this feedback on several visits yet still no change by management at the spa & this is disappointing. Go 'au natural', wear own bikini/undies for spa treatments or bike pants etc for thai stretch.
As we are returning guests, the hotel is gracious in allowing us to leave a small bag/suitcase behind in storage so we don't have to keep carting certain items to and fro (eg snorkel/mask). As much as I'm grateful for this service, if it is to be offered then it should be organised properly. My first bag was ruined due to damp & had to be cut open & Tshirts discarded due to the smell. The hotel has now built a proper air conditioned storage room however my new bag has now been misplaced/lost & not found during my 12 night stay, and my friend's bag has been missing since before her stay last year (2013). This is not acceptable, & a system should be in place whereby the bag location is saved on the computer along with your details.
I love coming to Cape Panwa hotel, it is my home away from home. I just wish that some things would change as mentioned above. If you want 5star, shiny marble floors, satin sheets, glitzy 5star 'magazine photo spread' looking kind of pool this hotel is not for you. However it's perfect for me & I wii return.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to Cafe Andaman & main bar are a little noisier in the evening, due to the hotel ba...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kasm71
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been to Cape Panwa seven times, one of those visits including our wonderful wedding with family and friends. Our last visit however was over 18 Months ago, and upon returning we wondered out loud why we'd left it so long. We love it here. It is so peaceful and relaxing - the longer you stay the less you want to venture out. The staff are always incredibly helpful, and we feel very fortunate to always know Tim Laven is on hand to help or smooth out any unanswered questions or queries which are maybe leaving the front desk a little perplexed. The standard of the food is superb, and I think their breakfast is out of this world. Of holiday breakfasts worldwide this is my number one! The beach facilities and pool facilities are great, and I think they genuinely care and try to ensure the guests are having a good time. The Spa Facilities are excellent. Yes you pay more but the standard reflects this. We were upgraded to a Suite which was beautiful and spacious - a little way from the hub of the hotel but it had stunning views. I feel sad whenever I read reviews of people who don't seem to have the same amazing experience of ourselves and also our returning guests friends as I have only good things to say about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tiffany w
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your review. We are truly elated to hear that you had a positive experience at our hotel. And we take great pride in your compliments to our staff. Your salutations and compliments to Tim will definitely be relayed to him.
We are pleased to know that your expectations were met, and that you enjoyed our food, facilities, location, and just being here at Cape Panwa. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see and serve you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 9 in Karon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!