“Love the serenity......”
Review of By The Sea

By The Sea
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A very enjoyable stay. Our room was on 1 st floor, overlooking pool. Nice views from our balcony and easy access to the lovely pool, beach and restaurant bar. Rooms are very well designed, plenty of space, 2 TVs and the aircon is nice and quiet. A bus is available twice daily for shopping enthusiasts.
Low season meant we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Full credit to all of the staff... Checking in was very easy and they took us down the very steep hill in a golf buggy to our room. We ate at the restaurant there every night.... Well priced and the food was very good. Happy hour was 5 pm - 7 pm.... Cocktails for thb 100... How could you go wrong? Staff at the restaurant were fantastic....... Multi- tasking making cocktails, taking orders etc.... Our room was always neat and tidy every day.
The only negative we could come up with was breakfast... Buffet hot food was not very appetising... In low season we would recommend they offer less food choices but make it better quality... We stuck with fresh fruit, toast and omelettes made to order.
The beach was good for a walk but swimming not recommended.... The staff were on the beach every day cleaning up the rubbish that washed up.....
If you want a nice quiet place to chill out, sit by the pool, far from the tourist traps elsewhere then this a great place to visit.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael T
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Michael T,

Greeting from By The Sea.

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and I am delighted to read that your overall stay was a relaxing and memorable.

Thank you once again for staying with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

With warm regards,

Mr. Yalyong Ongsanam

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I don't really write reviews, but we stayed at the hotel just last night and felt that we have to let the other travelers know just how superb our experience was. This was for our honeymoon and we got the room on the top floor and the view every morning when you open the curtain was breathtaking. Accompanied by excellent cocktails, food and service this was the was our best hotel in the last 5 years we started traveling. Would highly recommend the top floor rooms. Kob khun krap By the sea hotel... See you soon

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LOVE2travel20052014
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Aubrey B,

Greeting from By The Sea.

Thank you for your wonderful comment.

It’s great to read that you have a great honeymoon with us.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again for your next trip to Phuket.

With warm regards,

Mr. Yalyong Ongsanam

Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was my first trip to Phuket, and we're glad we chose the right hotel (after extensive research on TripAdvisor, I must say). All we wanted to do on this trip was relax.

This was a property located on a very private and tranquil stretch of beach, away from what is supposedly the madness of Patong or Kata. I will say that transport options are very limited, so it's best to rent a car at the airport and drive there (which is what we did). With the car, we could venture out to other places in case we got bored of sun-tanning.

The hotel is quite well managed, and housekeeping was consistent. The hotel took care to add little comforts such as personal pool/beach towels in each room. The room was spacious, each with an additional living area. The staff were relatively accommodating however smiles were hard to come by. They generally kept out of the way of sun-soaking guests. There are a few interesting beach-side restaurants within driving distance nearby.

All in all, this place met my expectations of a beach resort and I might come back here again if I'm yearning for the quiet boutique beach hotel experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor if you'd like an unblocked view of the shore.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nclsy
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear nclsy,

Warm Greeting from By The Sea.

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your vacation and I am delighted to read that your overall stay was a relaxing and enjoyable as well as memorable and also especially the service from my team.

It would be my pleasure and also my team to welcome you back to By The Sea for a future visit to Phuket.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

me and the mrs have just spent 10 days at by the sea the location is perfect although its secluded you can taxi to patong in 40 mins if you want to party all night .the food was fantastic the steak was to die for and overall the staff were frendly and allways have a smile .the manager went out of his way to help us when my bank cards wouldnt work drove us all over the place until we were sorted.there are two local resteraunts on the beach 50 mtrs away if you like a change and you can hire a boat or get driver all day from captain maud on the beach.the rooms a spacious and cleand every day cant real fault the place glad we stayed and would go again the manager and his wife and the staff are loverly go for it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jetsetmick
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear jetsetmick,

Warm Greeting from By The Sea.

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us recently and thanks again to spending your time to give us the review.

It is great to read that you had a great holiday.

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be relaxing and the service to be attentive.

Thanks once again for choosing By The Sea and we would be delighted to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay at our resort in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Talk about being on the beach. The cafe and pool are right next to the beach. The sea water is warm and still. The pool has good sun in the morning hours and early afternoon. Plenty of loungers on beach and by pool. Good drenching shower at the transition from beach to pool area.
The resturant is right next to the beach as well with tables almost in the sand but sitting on a deck. The food is good and breakfast very well persented with a good choice. Service was excellent and prompt most of time...I think it was the kitchen that slowed the process. But everything I ordered was wonderful, so I'll wait a little longer. They have sort of a happy hour food menu most of the day, everything is 99TB. Fav was egg rolls everyday for sure along with a cold beer. I stayed for dinner the night I arrived, it was a buffet with a chef station to mix a Thai hot plate for you. I even was able to get behind the wok myself as it was not very busy when I showed up...that was a kick and the staff took pics. It is fun to become part of something and enjoy the people and what they do...also I feel it is a compliment to them if you join in, laugh and apprecite their service.

The property is on a steep slope and has a garden roof for each section of rooms below. I was on the top street level rooms which provided a fantastic view. A golf cart was available at a moments notice to take you down to the beach area and back up again, a very nice service. The hotel had a wash room with machines at reasonable prices.

The pool water was pleasant and cooled you off after a hot day of adventure and tours. I had the manager set up my day tours, he spoke English very well. I suspect the prices were a little higher than doing it on my own, but not much and it was what I wanted to do not a set tour.

The room was great. Front room with TV,couches and coffee table, off to the side a 4 place small dining table, with a kitchen. assorted coffe and tea plus some tastey cookies each day along with the standard of two free bottles of water in the refer. There was a mini service bar as well with reasonable prices. The bedroom looked out across the lawn and across the bay. Small patio with chairs and table. Read many chapters in the morning before breakfast. The bath had a shower and tub and yet again no place to hang damp towels. This bath had a central hot water supply system which worked very well tucked up under the sink counter which fed the shower, tub and sink plus the kicthen sink. The maid service was always done when I was not there..never ever saw them. Amazing not even a cart.
The place is well maintained and the grounds folks are always doing something keeping it tidy and attractive. i also like using the hotel to set up things as it can be added to your check out billing using a credit card just once saving on transation service charges.
By the sea IS by the sea. It is a nice place to stay, but not central to town. You need transport. If I was staying long term I might rent a scooter or a car to explore. I can highly reccomend this place.

Room Tip: Take the view rooms up higher on the garden roof level, no need to be by the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank CaptPJ
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear CaptPJ,

Warm Greeting from By The Sea.

Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is nothing like you would expect if you have only been to the main resorts in Phuket. It is QUIET and BEAUTIFUL! The huge rooms are a short walk to the pool area and restaurant, with direct access to the idyllic beach. The staff are so kind and helpful, the food is great and very inexpensive for the standard. I honestly cannot fault this hotel in any way, it was perfect! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Jesse265
ByTheSeaPhuket, General Manager at By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Jesse265,

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that you had a memorable holiday with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back here again soon to By The Sea.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We (4 adults) have stayed on By The Sea Resort, from the 8 of March till the 2nd of April 2014. From up on our arrival until our departure the staff off the resort has done everything what’s possible to make our feel home on Phuket.

The resort has a wonderful restaurant where you can eat superb/fresh Thai & western food. The cooks in the kitchen are cooking on a very high level and are always prepared to change something on your dish if you have special dishes. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday the restaurant serves a beautiful buffet by the swimming pool. Breakfast is a buffet with Thai & western food. Everyday fresh and tasty.

The restaurant is located on the beach so you always have a great view from breakfast till dinner. The swimming pool is located by the restaurant and the beach. Wonderful pool. Because the resort has not so many rooms the Pool and restaurant are never crowded so the staff has always the time for their quests.

The rooms are spacious and have always a nice view. 80% of the rooms has a direct view to the beach/sea. The whole complex has free Wi-Fi. This means also Wi-Fi by the swimming pool and on the beach. If there is a problem with the internet (what always can happen in Thailand) the staff of the hotel does everything to solve that problem.

By the reception desk is an air condition room with an Apple computer (free for use) connected with the internet. If the Wi-Fi signal on the resort has a problem you can use this Apple computer for internet. Also is the Wi-Fi signal in this room so strong that it almost always works also when the Wi-Fi on the resort have problems.

To walk from the reception desk to the restaurant/swimming pool there is a steep walk. Do not worry about this steep walk because the resort has a golf car that will bring you to the restaurant or from the restaurant to the reception desk.

The resort is located in a very nice and quit part of Phuket. Don’t let that bother you to stay in this resort. Taxis are extremely cheap and bring you in no time to all the highlights of the Island. Within 45 minutes you are in Patong beach. After visiting Patong beach you will be happy to be back again in your safe, clean By The Sea Resort. Twice a day the resort offers a free taxi service to Phuket Town.

For 1000 – 1200 bath (+/- $25,-) you can hire a taxi driver for a day. So don’t let the quite location being a reason to not visit this resort.

Everybody on the resort from the gardner, cleaners, restaurant staff till the managers Mr. Montree & Mr. Jack are 24/7 doing their best to give you a warm and welcome feeling.

I hereby would like to recommend By The Sea resort personally to everyone who is visiting Phuket. There is no better place to stay then this place.

Best regards,

Mr. Richard van Huizen

Room Tip: The rooms who are located on the groundfloor by the swimmingpool have less windows. All the other ro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Richardvanhuizen

Dear Richard van Huizen,

Greeting from By The Sea.

Thank you for your review.

I am delight to read your comment based on your experience with us and I am really proud of my team to make both of you have a great time.

I already pass your comment to Mr. Montree, Mr. Jack and my team.

Thank you for choosing By The Sea to be part of your holiday destination and looking forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
#16 of 331 in Patong

Been to By The Sea? Share your experiences!