I am giving this hotel 5 stars because it has definitely overexceed my expectations.
It was not so easy to select a hotel in Phuket, since there are too many of them, however almost all seem to have some negative remarks on the Tripadvisor, and I like my hotel to be perfect. Usually if out of 50 people 2 would write smth not so appealing when rating the hotel, I would agree to those two in the end, so I am quite picky.
Sri Panwa from the first moment has struck me with a very professional service when corresponding. It was Oak, and he could answer all my questions very prompt, and has been super-useful for booking the right table in restaurant, the right spa speciaist, etc. He gave me a first positive impression of Sri Panwa, which later on appeared to be valid for the other aspects of this resort.
Unlike a lot of hotels in Thailand where the stuff speaks primitive English and one needs to simplify it and repeat things 3 to 4 times, here they speak perfect English and can understand you well. The hotel personnel is good-looking and well-mannered, you feel class. I have not seen such a concentration of highlight stuff at one hotel. They are enthusiastic, and are running when they need to do something, not just walking, which I think is the policy, but I have not met it anywhere else, but I like this way :-)
The check-in went very smooth, we have received a complimentary upgrade and gift bags with valuable and needed items.
Once we opened the door leading to the yard of the villa, we were astonished with the views, which was definitely one of the most incredible things about our villa.
The style of the rooms is smth you would expect from such a resort, nothing too special. There were ipods of the 2nd generation and Bose speakers, but who can you surprise with that these days. As an area of improvement I would recommend to have Ipads in every rooms, as it brings the notion that place is up to date, and creates good value PR.
On the other hand the music system alows you to listen to your favourite music when in the pool (just open the glass door leading to the pool), and enjoy the swim.
The pool is fantastic, with two different jacuzzi systems (not hot), you would never want to get out of it.
What I have not seen at the other resorts, was not just a minibar, but a big fridge full of the water, Coke, other drinks - and it was for free, which means they are not greedy.
Quite to the contrary, Sri Panwa is quite generous. Upon arrival I was presented a spa voucher which was discreetly put into my envelope - it was for 30 dollars or so, and with the other treatments they woud propose the same discount. Once I had a misunderstanding with the one of not so highlight spa receptionists (she was the only exception amongst the other employees), and as the compensation they have presented me 30 minuted free massage, even at my villa. At this resort I never had a feeling that they see me as a sack of cash which they want to empty, and it was pleasant.
Talking about SPA, the quality of treatments is very good and compares to Aman or Shambala. I had a very talented body therapist who brought me into the state of balance and inner peace. The interior of the spa is not a breakthrough, but in the end it is the treatments that matter.
The tuk-tuk drivers were extremely fast and friendly. Once you call the reception to bring you in tuk-tuk from your villa to the spa or restaurant, it would take 5 min until they come.
The food in the restaurant I found extremely well-prepared and the service was great. Only that the selection of non-japanese is limited. I was three times ordering the same starter because it was not so much to chose from.
The prices for the wine and cocktails are reasonable.
In brief, POSITIVE sides:
- location and view +++
- hotel personnel +++
- swimming pool in the villa+++
- prices for extras +++
- spa treatments
Things to improve:
- restaurant menu
- room interior (addition of gadgets)
It was difficult to leave this resort. and I hope to return there soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri panwa is a luxury pool villa hotel located on the southeastern tip of Phuket. We are a mixed development,housing both one- and two-bedroom hotel pool villas and a selection of larger, distinctive residential homes.Hidden in more than 80 rai of undisturbed rain- forest and overlooking the Andaman ocean from more than 60 meters above sea level, our villas are truly spectacular creations. Each villa has been custom-designed to suit the topography of Cape Panwa. Many of our villa possess both sunriseand sunset views over the glistening Phuket. Hotel villas are completely private and very sexy, with infinity-edge swimming pools wrapped seamlessly around glass-enclosed bed- rooms. Wake up next to your companion, open the glass sliding doors and dive into the pool for a short swim - maybe at the outdoor sala where breakfast awaits. In the mood for a romantic evening? Order dinner in the villa, cozy up your partner on your sprawling sofa-bed and let our state-of-the-art entertainment system take over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Sri Panwa Cape
- Sri Panwa Hotel Cape
- Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel Cape Panwa