“When the dream comes true!”

Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“When the dream comes true!”
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I am giving this hotel 5 stars because it has definitely overexceed my expectations.

It was not so easy to select a hotel in Phuket, since there are too many of them, however almost all seem to have some negative remarks on the Tripadvisor, and I like my hotel to be perfect. Usually if out of 50 people 2 would write smth not so appealing when rating the hotel, I would agree to those two in the end, so I am quite picky.

Sri Panwa from the first moment has struck me with a very professional service when corresponding. It was Oak, and he could answer all my questions very prompt, and has been super-useful for booking the right table in restaurant, the right spa speciaist, etc. He gave me a first positive impression of Sri Panwa, which later on appeared to be valid for the other aspects of this resort.

Unlike a lot of hotels in Thailand where the stuff speaks primitive English and one needs to simplify it and repeat things 3 to 4 times, here they speak perfect English and can understand you well. The hotel personnel is good-looking and well-mannered, you feel class. I have not seen such a concentration of highlight stuff at one hotel. They are enthusiastic, and are running when they need to do something, not just walking, which I think is the policy, but I have not met it anywhere else, but I like this way :-)

The check-in went very smooth, we have received a complimentary upgrade and gift bags with valuable and needed items.

Once we opened the door leading to the yard of the villa, we were astonished with the views, which was definitely one of the most incredible things about our villa.

The style of the rooms is smth you would expect from such a resort, nothing too special. There were ipods of the 2nd generation and Bose speakers, but who can you surprise with that these days. As an area of improvement I would recommend to have Ipads in every rooms, as it brings the notion that place is up to date, and creates good value PR.

On the other hand the music system alows you to listen to your favourite music when in the pool (just open the glass door leading to the pool), and enjoy the swim.

The pool is fantastic, with two different jacuzzi systems (not hot), you would never want to get out of it.

What I have not seen at the other resorts, was not just a minibar, but a big fridge full of the water, Coke, other drinks - and it was for free, which means they are not greedy.

Quite to the contrary, Sri Panwa is quite generous. Upon arrival I was presented a spa voucher which was discreetly put into my envelope - it was for 30 dollars or so, and with the other treatments they woud propose the same discount. Once I had a misunderstanding with the one of not so highlight spa receptionists (she was the only exception amongst the other employees), and as the compensation they have presented me 30 minuted free massage, even at my villa. At this resort I never had a feeling that they see me as a sack of cash which they want to empty, and it was pleasant.

Talking about SPA, the quality of treatments is very good and compares to Aman or Shambala. I had a very talented body therapist who brought me into the state of balance and inner peace. The interior of the spa is not a breakthrough, but in the end it is the treatments that matter.

The tuk-tuk drivers were extremely fast and friendly. Once you call the reception to bring you in tuk-tuk from your villa to the spa or restaurant, it would take 5 min until they come.

The food in the restaurant I found extremely well-prepared and the service was great. Only that the selection of non-japanese is limited. I was three times ordering the same starter because it was not so much to chose from.

The prices for the wine and cocktails are reasonable.

In brief, POSITIVE sides:

- location and view +++

- hotel personnel +++

- swimming pool in the villa+++

- prices for extras +++

- spa treatments

Things to improve:

- restaurant menu

- room interior (addition of gadgets)

It was difficult to leave this resort. and I hope to return there soon

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AdventurerHamburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 November 2010

The best of the best resort I had ever stayed in. Its very expensive but really worth it for the view and your own villa!!! After a fast check-in with warm towels and cold drinks, we head to our room and the 1st thing that greets you will be the Ultra Fantastic seaview!! I didnt expect the villa to be SO BIG, theres even kitchenette and a big fridge, very thoughtful of them!! Sitting at the pavilion in your own private villa is just marvellous while watching the sunset. The Outdoor shower was really cool though we didnt really use it, the design of the bathroom is splendid, linking to the pool in your own villa, so you can get up to dry or shower after a swim, Perfect!!;) The Staff are all very friendly but they speak limited english though, location is not near any happening area in phuket but its ok! We will come back again for the ultra relaxing villa and marvelous view;)
How I wish I am back there now;(

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dae89
Singapore
Reviewed 2 November 2010

As part of our teambuilding workshop in Phuket, we stayed @ Radisson Resort and one of our Thai colleagues recommended that we have dinner @ Sri Panwa which she said has fantastic sunrise & sunset views as the resort was perched high on Cape Panwa. We were provided with complimentary return van transfers from our hotel to Sri Panwa (a short 8 mins ride). As it was Halloween night on 30 Oct, we were greeted by staff members all decked in their Halloween costumes & makeup. We arrived @ 1820 hrs to catch the sunset view and although we only caught a glimpse of the sunset, it was the spectacular setting outside Baba Pool Club that mesmerised us. The whole area is like a big water feature and the area where we sat has a small infinity pool. The night was cool and breezy and the lightings, plants & water feature added a romantic & surreal experience!

Our dinner was @ Baba Cooking Club which is on the upper floor and it too has a great view of the Sri Panwa resort. It is a luxurious and stunning property and I understand that a standard room costs THB 21000++ during the low season which ended 31 Oct. Dinner for 19 of us consists of a set Thai menu consisting of infused chicken wings, roasted chicken, pomelo salad, grilled tiger prawns, steamed grouper with a tangy spicy sauce, green curry chicken & stir fried vegetables. For desserts, we had brownie, a selection of fruity sorbets, vanilla & chocolate ice cream and fruits. The food is very good and the desserts simply heavenly! Such indulgence.

As it was halloween night, drinks coupons were charged @ THB 200 each for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The dining experience @ Sri Panwa was very memorable and awesome!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I spent 4 days here alone in early October - having seen other reviews here. It's not cheap, but I'd stay again in a heartbeat. I should say I've stayed in all sorts of places, simple huts to 5 star world famous luxury hotels, and this is up there with the best of the best places I've stayed. I was upgraded to a luxury pool villa, and I couldn't believe it when they let me in. The design is stunning, loads of space, up high on the cliff with an infinity pool melting into the sea and horizon. It was basically like my dream house and I didn't want to leave. You get two different buildings in the luxury villas, a kind of day room, with a small kitchen and shower room/loo. There's a sun terrace (which to be honest didn't get that much sun, one flaw) and steps down into the pool. Then the main building has a large double bed with desk behind, steps down into a lounge area which opens on two sides into the pool. The bathroom is huge, with a double-sized jacuzzi bath, a shower-room which is also a steam room, and loo plus dressing room. The bathroom opens onto an outdoor shower area and steps down into the pool again. Although the pool isn't huge, you can dive into it (if you're careful) and do short lengths. There are two different seating areas in the pool with air jets as well. It really was just amazing. My only gripe, and I think it's a really bizarre miss by a place with such a clearly fastidious eye for detail, is that the bed was uncomfortably hard and the pillows were just cheap foam not feather.

And then there's the service, impeccable across the board. Not just efficient, not just friendly, but little touches beyond that to make you feel welcome and at home. Everyone seemed to know my name, and they would do things like... see me taking some photos and recommend I take a look at something I might not have noticed.

The bar area is very cool, and has a large pool. And there's a whole club complex which I guess at times is happening - their site says they bring in DJs etc. There was nothing like that when I was there and the bar was mainly quiet, which was a shame as it would have been nice to see it lively. There are tennis courts and a spa, which I didn't use. And they pick you up and run you around in their own tuk tuks (it is on a hilly site, so you're grateful for the option). The food menu is a varied mix of Thai and international, standard was good, but not outstanding. Breakfast was good.

I totally fell in love with the place and didn't leave the property once in the 4 days I was there (I'd already been on the island for a week). Almost felt like chaining myself to the sun-lounger when it came time to leave.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Fikoukla
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Overlooking Cape Panwa Sri Panwa is a little piece of heaven on earth and has one of the finest locations on Phuket. The spacious ultra luxurious villas have stunning panoramic sea views with some having sunrise and sunset views. It was a pleasure to relax and enjoy the villa facilities from the state of the art entertainment system which provided background music to the infinity pool with massage jets that wrapped itself around the villa I was in seventh heaven. Each villa is private and has its own space with terrace and sala / sundeck with loungers ,mini bar and snacks with a kitchen area, rain shower, bathroom,steamroom ,dressing room and a dayroom .As a destination expert for Cape Panwa it was great to come back and use the free wifi from the villa.You also have a private beach, Cool Spa, tennis, gym, yacht fleet, libraray and limousine service Sri Panwa offers some of the best and personal service on Phuket which is outstanding and impeccable. You have your own villa assistant who is very friendly and effiicient I had " Oat " who I must thank for the service he provided . Baba Poolclub is an amazing place to dine and has a very extensive menu I had truffle lamb chops with ginger mash potatoe which was superb. Another evening I worked my way through the dessert menu I have to say the desserts are to die for. I have to disagree with a previous review that said " the resort needed electric transportation as diesel fumes from the tuk tuk's spoilt the enjoyment of dining outside ". The tuk tuk pathways are not situated near any of the restaurants and I did not notice a smell of diesel fumes when I used them. Also I did not ever experience a language problem all the staff I came accross spoke perfect english. I have to add that I have never been to a hotel/resort before where the staff are so happy to work and it clearly shows.Wan the Managing Director and his team work hard with all the staff to make Sri Panwa the best . I am happy to reply to any members questions on this resort and Cape Panwa. I feel honoured to have experienced such a wonderful place .

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jenson
SripanwaPhuket, Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
I would just like to take a minute to thank you for your review. It sounds like it was from the heart and we always appreciate this. We feel that Sri panwa is a special place and we are extremely happy that you have seen it the way we intend all of our guests to see it. Thanks again.
Bangkok
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This is the 2nd time that I came to this hotel. I would say that this hotel has excellent system to operate the hotel. They can maintain and always improve their standard in terms of services and facilities. I won't mention about ambience because it's awesome as usual.
This time, I've a chance to visit their spa service, called Cool spa, they provide services include spa package and massage (many styles - Thai, Swedish and etc). I've tried the "Thai-Oil" massage which it's a combination between Thai massage and oil massage which made me feel so relax. Thus, I recommend this thai-oil massage to everyone who plan to go to Sri-Panwa! For anyone who is looking for holidays somewhere peaceful, romantic and relaxing, this is the place that you surely find it all here.

If I go back to Sri Panwa next time, I will come to share my experience again !
Cheers

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Knotto
Thank you very much, we look forward to welcoming you again!
noida
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Looking back at time spent at Sri Panwa seems like a beautiful dream. Too good to have been true.
Where do I start? The elegant sales office... no that's not for tourists, the airy reception... no a reader won't see what I could feel. Shall I talk about the ocean facing villas with personal attendants and private pool... it would seem unnecessary. How about the restaurant set amidst the pools of water while hearing the ocean. Or the spacious spa with it's caring attendants
No I won't say anything and let it all be my secret that never gets common.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
SripanwaPhuket, Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Thanks for sharing, but not sharing too much! We are glad you enjoyed Sri panwa and hope to welcome you and/or your friends back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
#1 of 56 in Kata Beach
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!