We stayed here because of the fantastic reviews and were not disappointed. The staff were so friendly, helped out with booking our trips and various taxis and gave a warm sawasdee ka (hello) whenever you walked past reception,
The location is great if you're looking for a more relaxed escape. A few steps outside the hotel you have a fantastic view of the cape panwa and here you can watch the sun set under some of the andaman islands while enjoying a drink in the sunset bar or a meal in the fantastic sawasdee restaurant.
We stayed in a one bed suite which was very nice, comfortable bed and everything we needed (however there were two singles put together instead of a double).
One of the best things about this hotel is the facilities available at the sister hotel (Cape Panwa Hotel and Spa). There is a free shuttle to the private beach at Cape Panwa and it takes about 5 minutes to get from Kantary Bay to the beach via shuttle then tram.
There are loads of places to eat within the two hotels (5 or 6 different restaurants I think!) plus three bars (including one on the beach) and a pub. Also four swimming pools to choose from.
We also used he spa facilities which were perfect after a trek in the Thai jungle. Just what you would expect from a spa joined to a four star hotel and the staff were great.
The hotel runs shuttles to various places (at a cost) and we used the night shuttle to Patong beach one Sat night. This was great as it's a pain haggling prices for taxis and then trying to avoid the taxi driver taking you to all the Phuket tourist traps so they can get free petrol.
This hotel is so far away from the Patong beach type holiday you might expect from Phuket. It's very relaxing, friendly and has everything you could want. And even though it's about 45 minutes from all the big beaches in Phuket it doesn't matter as A) you have your own beach and B) all of the tours you can book include free transfers to and from hotel so you don't need to worry about location of hotel. It's a great way to enjoy Phuket without the constant in your face selling of massages, tuk tuks and tailored suits.
Hotel also has a very helpful tourist information guide employed by Thailand government who will help book trips and get discount. Make sure you check trips on Tripadvisor first though as some that are sold as 5 star are not.
Although this is only a 3 star hotel I think it deserves 5 stars for the level of service the staff give. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp and Holiday Gems so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa