We stayed for 5 nights at the Kantary Bay and had a wonderful time. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was great and overlooked the pool. The suite was cleaned everyday and the general cleanliness of the hotel was first class. The staff here are fabulous and very attentive and look after all of our needs and were also polite and approachable. The hotel itself is quite a large complex comprising of a few restaurants, shopping area, small gym, two swimming pools(one of which is a rooftop with iconic views of Cape Panwa). There is also a mini supermarket and cafe/cake shop just outside the hotel which we visited regularly. At night along the road locals come out selling all sorts such as fruits, local street food, souvenirs, t shirts, watches, jewellery and much more. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of food catering for most tastes and the chef ready to make you a fresh omelette or fried/poached egg.
We were also allowed to use their luxury sister hotel called "Hotel Cape Panwa" and there were regular shuttle buses to take you there, it was not that far but there is a steep hill to climb. This was also how you accessed the beach.
"Hotel Cape Panwa" was also a great hotel and we used most of the facilities here. They have a fabulous pool although we found it to be more busy than Kantary Bay but that never really bothered us as it was quite large. There is a little tram that takes to down to the beach and the beach itself was great....not very busy, lots of sunbeds and lots of trees if you want to hide in the shade! There is a beach restaurant that serve simple tasty food throughout the day and the staff here are also very friendly.
We ate the Cafe Andaman and took advantage of their Seafood Buffet and would definitely recommend it. One night we had dinner at Panwa House which is located on the beach and was great eating here at night...very quiet and calm just the sound of the waves, the food was totally delicious and service was excellent once again.
We tried to eat at their luxury restaurant called "Top of the Reef" we made an effort and obeyed their dress code for this restaurant of smart casual....however the service we received in here was terrible. We sat down and waited for our drinks order to be taken in the bar area, which it never was so i went up to the bar and ordered (only the two of us were in the bar area). We then asked for a menu and said we wanted to eat in the restaurant, we were given a menu and then forgotten about again....so we went up to the reception to ask for a table and before i could say anything the waitress just said..."you want the bill" so i just said yes and signed for the drinks and left. I did not expect that from this "luxury" restaurant and it was not even that busy...there were more staff than customers. - this was the only negative experience we had here.
I know this is a review of the hotel but wanted to share some additional information that may help you decide where to stay, and anything below had no bearing on the score i gave this hotel.
Even through the hotel is some distance from Phuket Town there is enough local places to eat, we ate at Sawasdee which was at the front of Kantary Bay, Seabreeze restaurant was also pretty good located on the steep hill to Hotel Cape Panwa. Along this road there are also other food places and a number of massage shops we used Sabai Massage which is run by a mother and daughter team they also did laundry at 80baht a kilo and would definitely recommend them.
Getting into Phuket Town was not that difficult we opted for the local bus (Songthaew) which is basically a pick up truck with benches in the back it costs 30 Baht each way and this is what the local uses and we found it quite safe and not as bumpy as i thought. Although they are not that regular....also make a mental note of where they drop you off so you know where to get one back to hotel (directly outside the 7/11). We waited for 40 mins for a return bus, which was a pain but a great experience.
We totally loved Kantary bay and would definitely return despite the bad experience we had in the "top of the Reef" restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa