Rarely do you get service like this. All staff are incredibly helpful and gracious. We did have problems with noise from air con unit and pool filter outside (along with building work near side bay wing - note hotel has three wings) However this was sorted out by the manager - thank you again Ning. The rooms are comfortable and need a little updating, bathrooms especially. I am fussy about white grout and no mouldy marks - just being realistic when a hotel is referred to as a luxury hotel. That said all public areas and gardens are immaculate. But I think the location is what you value here along with the use of sister hotel facilities already referred to by many other reviewers ( a great private beach) . The coast and scenic location are great and appreciated from the rooftop pool which never got crowded. A real plus is the range of eating options in and around the hotel. The hotel has two restaurants, Thai and Italian, both good and a coffee shop - toasted sandwiches a steal at just over a pound. Out and about you can get a main dish and rice for 2 to 3 pounds. Don't miss the Beach Bar just around the bay - great beach vibe, cheap good local food and wow sunsets. Ok you have to mix it up a little - the blue elephant in Phuket Town a gourmet treat but half the price you pay at the London Branch. Baba Soul food at Sri Panwa hotel up a hill next to the aquarium was a real find. Again more expensive but think contemporary jungle decking overlooking the bay.
Just a little caution with the excursions guy in the hotel - we had a mixed experience, some trips were pitched as 4 star but had shocking poor food and local thai boxing had children of eight, yes eight fighting full contact. I have a kick boxing background and contemplated walking as this was truly full contact, fortunately the next fight did not feature children - a reminder that there are cultural differences.
So back to the Kantary, ideal if you are looking for a relaxed holiday within easy reach of Phuket Town, (note Taxis are not cheap better if you are a group and share costs) It is the 5 star service that defines this place and yes I would go back and hope for a quiet room. Did I mention we eventually got the honeymoon suite - now that was a lot to live up to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa