Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poste Lafayette
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Been here with my spouse for our anniversary.
The hotel is clean and the service is good. The pool and the bar at the pool is awesome. They have a beach in the resort itself which is great to relax. The have good food options as well. The hotel also arranges shows in the evening which is good.

We had booked the trip from Make my trip. apparently all the fellow hotel dwellers were also brought in fro Make my trip only.

Room Tip: Take the pool facing or the beach facing room on the first floor, the sunrise and sunset view is ver...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank The_L0st_Wanderer
Richard L, Manager at Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Lost Wanderer,

On behalf of the entire Team at Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa I would like to thank you for your wonderful review and positive feedback. As a frequent / experienced reviewer on Tripadvisor with 16 hotel reviews your feedback serves as a great compliment to the hotel & Team.

We thank you for having chosen Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa as your holiday destination and for recommending the hotel to fellow travellers.

We can but only hope to share some more memories with you.

Best wishes and thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It has been long due, so I guess I need to pen down my experience now... I had visited the resort with my wife on our honeymoon in mid-late October 2013 and have left totally impressed with the overall experience...

The entire experience started off with a warm welcome from the hotel's manager, Richard, who assured at the very start of the stay for an amazing time at the resort.. The initial room I was alloted was a bit disappointing in terms of the view (the view from the balcony overlooked someone's house with kids playing around in naked), however, the front office team (Kevin in specific) was more than happy to allot me another room asap.. The restaurant serves a variety of amazing food (i remember trying out grilled fish from its a-la-carte menu) served by very friendly staff.. Dhiresh in particular catered to our F&B requirements at the restaurant in the best possible friendly way... Overall, the staff at Jalsa are very friendly and accommodating to customer needs... it is definitely a recommend from me!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a better view of the beach... if you are booking standard rooms, try snatchi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AmeyaK85
Dear AmeyaK85,

Firstly, I apologise for this very late response to your review. Saying THANK YOU for your wonderful feedback is most certainly long overdue. Be assured that the Team which make Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa special have all read your words.

It is always wonderful to read the positive responses from the guests whom I have had the privilege to meet in person. I hope that we will have the privilege to welcome you again to share some more ‘amazing’ memories.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hi, so finally am writing my review which is pending from 7 months. We, me n my husband, stayed in Jalsa from 25 Apr-2 May,13 during our honeymoon...

Firstly, i was very doubtful about d out station hotel n my concerned was much more because it was our honeymoon n like all others, i wanted each n everything to b perfect, specially, the hotel. I had cancelled 2 hotels before i selected Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa, based on d reviews from Trip Advisor. Wen i reached Jalsa, i saw that the property was amazing, but I was very depressed wen i saw d room coz our tour organizer agency (didn't want to name dt) had promised us the sea view room, but we were taken to a different room by saying dt dis is what we have in our package :( but then we upgrade (by paying extra money, which is reallii worth it) our room to the 2nd floor, sea facing room n dis is wen i started liking d hotel, the most :) Dere was 1 more carelessness from d kitchen staff, as dey hv mentioned EGGLESS to an egg containing dessert n which result in to d trouble on very first day as i am allergic to egg. Although, its a HUGE MISTAKE, but they all were very very concerned about that dt i forgot abt d problem n ws assuring dem dt i wud b fine. After that issue, there is nothing bad or any complaint i can say abt d hotel. Hotel staff, including everyone, the house keeper, cook, chef as well as d manager, everyone ws sooo humble, helpful n polite. Dey always had smile on dere face, makes you feel like home.. I remember Rani from d restaurant, who we became very friendly with. She was very nice :)

Cindy was on duty dt time wen i got hurt n got some blood clot on my leg. She, not only arrange a doctor's call, but herself came up to see me. I hope u remember it Cindy. This ws such a nice n caring gesture to me dt i promised her dt i'll definitely write a review on trip advisor wen i'll go back. Cindy, dis one is for u :)

Rooms of d hotel r very spacious, clean, lovely n well maintained. Food is ok, not spicy as we North Indians love it but its definitely not a negative point of d hotel. Although, the plus point is that if u want some amendment in any particular dish, you just have to say n dey'll do it on d spot. Bfst was excellent. Buffet for every meal had a lot of variety. Very well maintained bar, garden area, beach n swimming pool. I would suggest, always ask for a sea view room. view is amazing from dose rooms, its worth to spend lil extra. One more thing, u must hv read a lot abt a dress code for d restaurant dere. Wt all dey want is a decent outfit wich dsnt luk odd in a public area, dt is it..

Wt else i can write !! Everything was sooooooooooo perfect n nice dt i can't ask for much more. All in all a very very good experience n i wud definitely suggest a stay in d hotel. I too wud definitely stay in Jalsa whenever i'll go back to Mauritius.

Thank you Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa for making our honeymoon special n memorable. Its not like dt d place is apt for d honeymooners only. You can enjoy any kind of vacation like family, friends, business or even solo, in d hotel. Supendofantabulous place to enjoy ur holidays..

All d very best, keep up d good work Team Jalsa !!

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View Room wid a balcony n ur holidays will b incomparable :)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nainja
Dear Nainja,

Firstly, I apologise for this very late response to your review. Regrettably I suffered a serious injury in December 2014 which led to me only updating your review now. Saying THANK YOU for your wonderful feedback and detailed review is most certainly long overdue. However, be assured that the Team which make Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa special have all read your words.

I thank you for all the names you mentioned and for uploading your photos of the hotel. We send you our best wishes for wonderful travels in 2014!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 week holiday at the Jalsa Beach Hotel. The hotel is small, friendly, and relaxing. The facilities were excellent. The food was excellent, and even when we couldn't find something to our taste - we are not great curry fans - the chef was always happy to produce an alternative dish for us.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and courteous.
The staff in the boathouse were friendly, and we spent some enjoyable hours snorkelling in deeper water off their boat.
We could not fault the hotel, or indeed Mauritius. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Avril H
Dear Avril H,

Firstly, I apologise for this very late response to your review. Regrettably I suffered a serious injury in December 2014 which have led to me only updating your review now. Saying THANK YOU for your wonderful feedback and positive review is most certainly long overdue. However, please be aware that the Team Members which make Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa special have all read your words.

We send you our best wishes for wonderful travels in 2014 and should you wish to have some more 'sunshine in winter' then we will be happy to oblige.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for 7 days during our honeymoon in Aug'12. Very calm and quite. Nicely located near the beach. Rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. Staff are were helpful. The buffet breakfast and dinner at its restaurant was very good with lots of varieties both in veg and non-veg. Nice swimming pool and it also has their own kayaking boats. All in all a very good hotel to spend a nice honeymoon or a vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Traveller_Kamath
Dear Traveller_Kamath,

Firstly, I apologise for this very late response to your review. Regrettably I suffered a serious injury in December 2014 which led to me only updating your review now. Saying THANK YOU for your wonderful feedback and positive review is most certainly due. Your review was also read by all members of the Team who much appreciated your kind words.

It was also noted that you are a very experienced Tripadvisor contributor which makes your review serve as a wonderful compliment to the Team!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I would say this is a great place to enjoy a relaxing honeymoon.
We loved the food and the beach.
The fragrance in the rooms is awesome and creates a wonderful ambience for couples.
A lifetime experience.
Would definitely be a returning guest to cherish our memories in future

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank k7591
Dear K7591,

We can but only hope to welcome you back to Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa.

Pune, India
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Feel sad that I put my honeymoon at risk by staying at Jalsa hotel in Mauritius. The location & service is a big disappointment, the only exception being reasonably good food !

I paid for a double deluxe room but the service I have received over 6 nights of my stay there was terrible & led to some serious frustration. The hotel staff is not at all considerate, information is not available at hand, AC cooling in the room is TERRIBLY low (had to turn ON the standing fan to get some air) which leads to an overall frustrating experience.

They arranged an exclusive dinner date but sadly the food on that specific date was more than poor. The arrangement was expected to be at the beach side since the hotel has its own beach, but was provided on a terrace which was a big disappointment again.

Overall, this hotel is a big NO NO in my opinion !! Wouldn't dare to travel there again !

Room Tip: If you HAVE to visit this place, please prefer booking a STANDARD room on the ground floor. Among st...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Hrishikesh K
Dear Hrishikesh K,

Firstly, I apologise for this very late response to your review. Regrettably I suffered a serious injury last year which led to me updating all reviews received only now. Your feedback was much appreciated and read by all the management members. It is all ‘good and well’ to receive good reviews but it is reviews like yours which we learn from. It helps us to identify areas where improvement is required. Many elements of the product have been changed since your visit and we thank you for your input to achieve that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poste Lafayette
#1 of 3 in Calodyne
Friday Attitude
Friday Attitude
#2 of 8 in Trou d'eau Douce

Been to Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius? Share your experiences!