When we booked this hotel appeared to be simply marvellous, based on all reviews we had read at that time. But, just as we left for Sicily we read the latest two reviews and those made us slightly worried. Well, those worries vanished completely when we arrived. Wonderful and warm welcome at reception and personal tour of the facilities, including a simply stunning room, made us feel at home after just 15 mins. With smiles on our faces we sat down for a late lunch at the terrace bar and from thereon, a week just went by with us enjoying ourselves completely. This hotel does not have the conservative luxury feel about it if you compare it to the Timeo hotel up in Taormina, but for us, this was fine. The Sant'Andrea has more of a sea side villa style to it. Being located right on the beach was more what we were looking for than a luxury hotel up in the town. But we recommend popping up to the Timeo for a pre-dinner drink at the terrace with views over Etna.
In our opinion, the Sant'Andrea has some fine tuning to do before it can be regarded as a 5 star luxury hotel. For example, if you order a pizza and a sandwich at the terrace restaurant, you can get your food with 15 minutes in between as, according to the explanation given, the two kitchens are completely separate (pizza oven and kitchen apparently) and no communication exists between the pizza oven staff and the kitchen staff... We also thought that paying a EUR cover charge pp when sitting down at the Sant'Andrea's lunch restaurant, being also a hotel guest, was a bit steep.
But to conclude, we would go back to the Sant'Andrea without hesitation and can highly recommend this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro