We booked this holiday as a special treat & were not disappointed. Our room overlooked the bay & had a lovely view. It was clean with plenty of amenities & very comfortable. The 'room pixies' visited twice a day & ensured all was in order.
Breakfast was a excellent buffet with freshly made hot food to order. You could have it in your room if you wanted at no extra charge which I thought was a nice touch, but the breakfasting terrace was so lovely we went every day.
The staff were friendly and helpful at all times & had plenty of advice as required.
The cable car to Taormina is just across the road which we tended to use as it was easy & convenient, although the hotel does provide a courtesy service to the sister hotel, Timeo, which is in the centre of town.
This hotel is lovely, and provides everything you could possibly want, however it does all come at a price-cocktails were 14-20 euros, a lunchtime pizza 12-15 euros & one days parking 20 euros plus VAT. Even a DVD from reception was 8 euros for a night, which we only discovered when we got the bill on check-out, but for a little touch of luxury, it does not disappoint.
If you are looking for a romantic moment, we'd recommend an evening cocktail (at an even more exorbitant price) on the terrace at the Timeo overlooking Etna at sunset. An unforgettable moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Destinology, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro