“EXTRAORDINARY!!!”

Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mazzaro
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This property has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever visited. Each and every one of the staff were so accommodating we thought we were in heaven each and every day. The restaurant is wonderful, the beach staff exceptional, the housekeepers, meticulous, the concierge staff, awesome. We plan on returning as soon as possible. Cannot say enough about this property!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank John And Pam G
GeneralManagerVSA, Direttore at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I thank you for your words of praise regarding Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea.

We genuinely love to indulge all of our guests and I am truly pleased to hear that you have loved to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A wonderful, relaxed luxury resort on the beach under the lovely town of Taormina. Here one escapes the maddening crowds, enjoys the beautiful established gardens, the grand old building and luxurious hotel facilities.
Breakfast is a superb feast on the terrace overlooking the beach. Too much to chose from, too many delights that one must be so strong to resist trying it all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Stephen F
GeneralManagerVSA, Direttore at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I thank you for your words of praise regarding Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea.

I am truly pleased to hear that you have loved to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This place is full of people that read your mind! The service was amazing and everyone greeted you with your name and a smile. When we first arrived at the airport the hotel car was waiting with two car seats for my children which I hadn't even requested. When we got to the hotel room the cribs were set up and ready. Usually it's like pulling teeth to get cribs ready ahead of time at other hotels.. Most cribs in even the nicest hotels are usually bare and uncomfortable but the cribs were padded for comfort with bumpers and the bedding for them were changed everyday. This hotel is absolutely beautiful and relaxing but the gem of this place is the amazing staff. It was so relaxing despite traveling with two toddlers because the staff here were like mind readers. Both my children were sick with high fever during our stay and the hotel did everything to help us from ice bucket deliveries at 2 in the morning to doctor visits. Everyone gave us a sincere feel of concern. I have been to many nice hotels in my travels but I give this hotel my best score for the staff. Also all the excursions and sightseeing were booked seemlessly. Already planning a trip back for next summer in my mind..:)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank realmaeng

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for complimenting our staff. This is our utmost reward.

We look forward to your next stay.

Best wishes,

General Mananager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Spent a week (family with three young children including two-month old baby) at Villa Sant Andrea in mid July 2014. Beautiful setting by the sea in a quiet bay with a nice little beach. Hotel a good example of Italian "high end" but with relaxed atmosphere; also very family friendly. Were able to mix time/activities with children with downtime without them. Would go again. Special thanks for the hospitality and for making our stay special to Giovanni, Enzo, Angela at VsA and to Marco (for the great Italian food) at the sister hotel Timeo (central Taormina).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EdRay S
GeneralManagerVSA, Direttore at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Family,

we are delighted you left our hotel with the excellent impressions you describe.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel once more, on many future occasions.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew our time at Sant' Andrea would be special. We were not disappointed. Firstly, an upgrade to a wonderful deluxe junior suite with an enormous terrace overlooking the Med; exceptional seafood and Sicilian wines, and very efficient and polite staff where nothing was ever a problem including the arranging of a private day trip to The Valley of the Temples. Anne Akhmatova, the poet says "Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life." I certainly hope so, because we are planning our return to Sant' Andrea already. A big thanks to Head Concierge, Martin Mannino and Guest Relations Manager, Mario Zerillo for making our time so enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you can possibly stretch your budget, Room 301 is wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen P

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and I am delighted to hear that you could not have been more pleased with your stay.

I am truly glad you enjoyed the location and your comments were much appreciated.

We certainly hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights and it was absolutely stunning. The setting, the views, the rooms and all the staff made for a magical time......the pool and beach were so relaxing......I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Agnes B

I thank you for your words of praise regarding Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I Stayed here for 7 nights with family and our 2 year old son .
Well the place is beautiful ! The location , food , staff are all excellent , nothing is too much trouble for them , my favourite staff member being Danielle (restaurant manager) he rules the dining areas with an iron fist , perhaps this is why the dining experiences here were of the highest quality . It's really something to watch him direct a dinner service with almost orchestral ease !
Carmelo (piano player ) was also a firm favourite , so entertaining with his own renditions of popular music and classical peices
Taormina is a very beautiful town , I'd recommend the godfather tour and the boat rides around the bay . I could go on but I don't want to spoil it for you
It simply is breathtaking !
In fact I can't fault anything !
The only quite strange thing that happened whilst I was there was being in the lift with an English lady who suffered from terrible flatulence ! Not really an experience I'd like to repeat but certainly not the hotels fault , more of a warning about the dangers of lifts .

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Alfda

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for complimenting our staff as being "excellent". This is our utmost reward.

Thank you again for this great feedback and I look forward to your next stay.

Best wishes,

General Mananager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mazzaro
VOI Grand Hotel Mazzaro Sea Palace
#15 of 87 in Taormina
The Ashbee Hotel
The Ashbee Hotel
#22 of 87 in Taormina

Been to Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea? Share your experiences!