We had stayed at the Mazzaro Sea Palace the previous two nights,(just a couple of hundred meters away) when we arrived here the front of house were really friendly and very helpful. I had informed the hotel via e-mail that the night of our arrival was my wifes very special birthday, the front of house knew as soon as we had arrived and made my wife feel very special. We were shown our room with sea views and it was stunning. We were given a complimentary bottle of bubbly in our room (all set on ice ready). within one hour although we had only booked for one night we decided to phone reception and see if we could stay another night as it was so comfortable and friendly. Five minutes later they phoned back and confirmed that was fine. Car parking was 20 euros which was cheaper than the Mazzaro at 30 euros which was a rip off, but having spent two nights prior to arriving here we had already found free parking around the town,so the charges were not a problem. The food,service and location were fantastic. They could not have done more. One draw back there was no pool, but as we have not developed gills yet we were not bothered. We got the impression the hotel had only just opened up and that there were a few teething problems, if there were you would not notice. The staff were FANTASTIC. Great hotel and worth every euro, when we left even after just two days we felt we were leaving friends.
p.s. The evening of my wifes birthday there was a Sicillian wedding at the hotel( which we hoped we would see before travelling) and at midnight a massive fantastic firework display strarted, my wife thought it could have been for her. Says it all really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS, Belmond and Destinology so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro