“Do not Stay hear”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mazzaro
Valley Stream, New York
“Do not Stay hear”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel around 11 at night and i wanted to call my parents to tell them that I got to the hotel safely but the hotel make you pay $5 an hour and makes you come down every hour to give them another 5 to keep using it or 20 dollars for 24 hrs but I was out of the hotel most of the day so that was a waste too, when I got to my room I was happy I got a balcony then my happiness was immediately taken away because my view was a tree and mosquitoes kept biting you, my friend went to use the bathroom and the door was broken it wouldn't shut all the way and just to make it worse there was one outlet in the room for three people so we had to unplug a lamp and the hair dryer to get enough outlets for our phones and the pool closed really early at 7pm and the bar at 10pm the people at the front desk were helpful half the time

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thomas F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
Kos
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked late and paid only 60 euros a night....Lovely room, double bed with no view, but did not pay for a view, as we spend so little time in our rooms. Spotlessly clean, and a fantastic breakfast with a much as you like....buffet...set us up for the day....certainly did not need lunch. There is a little yellow bus that runs from Mazzaro to Taormina every hour and costs only 1 euros, but when we asked the Receptionist about getting to Taormina she said she only knew about the cable car, but at 3 euros each way each, it was not sensible to use all the time. They did not seen to have any information available, which was again fine for us, because we found out about it ourselves..but they really should have had the bus timetable in the Hotel. Pool area was great, unfortunately cloudy while we were there so could not swim.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank christinefromkos
Ahus, Sweden
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Nice room, superior double, beautiful view from the balcony. We got a very good last minute price. Good location and practical with the parking in the basement, though not cheap. We had the pool for ourselves and no one insisted on bathing cap. The breakfast was ok. The problem was that we did not feel welcome. The staff was correct but seemed uninterested. We wished that we had booked something more homely and warm.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank absolut88
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I traveled with a group of 35 Americans to Southern Italy in search of our ancestors (and to visit a few sights). This hotel was our 4th one during the 2-week visit. The view from the hotel was spectacular! However, the bus had very little room in the adjacent street to let us off and deliver our luggage. We had to handle our luggage by ourselves. Also, had to go up many steps to the front lobby (although there was an elevator nearby if some of us needed it). The rooms were okay -- we didn't spend much time in them anyhow! The breakfasts were okay, but by this time in the trip they all seemed to offer the same food. The dinners were fine, but one night (I guess just to appease some in the group who complained of pasta every night), the hotel offered turkey --- well, it wasn't the Thanksgiving variety (not even Butterball). It tasted like canned turkey -- if there is such a thing! Not good. The wines, of course, were fine. Wifi available in the lobby only at a price! The outdoor pool was very nice and it was a welcomed gathering spot in the evening to revisit our days. In spite of some of the downsides, I'd still recommend this place because it was centrally located and offered a spectacular view of the Sea!

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the Sea!!!
1 Thank Goldfinch2324
Taormina (Sicily)
Reviewed 19 September 2013

want to learn all future tourists who hide under the guise of a 4 star hotel in Sicily, Villa Esperia.
I paid vacation for 5 days in advance, a month before, and when I arrived at the hotel, we were informed that we can not be accommodated in the hotel the first night, because there were cameras! With the reservation made and paid one month before! I mention that I made the reservation GalaHotels! A couple that went with us, made reservation through Booking.com, not paid before had booked accommodation only, was staying in the hotel for them to find a room! ... GalaHotel I called to clarify the situation because they have guaranteed housing, and after talking with the reception, we were informed that we must go to another hotel for one night because there are rooms left! Amazing! We came to believe what they said! After we took the money sent us to another hotel (Bay Palas) which in any case can not be classified to 4 stars, much lower! I took pictures room there, but I'm sorry you can not see what fast for conditions were poor! ... After one day when I came back to accommodate us, we found that the services offered were far below what is presented on the site: breakfast is deplorable, no vegetables, no juice ... Paid internet service only, 4 euro for half an hour .... Façade of the hotel was fine, but had to back rooms which had a very ugly sight: garden unkempt, untidy walls ... I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Cioaca L

Travellers are raving about these Mazzaro hotels

Vilnius
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It is "tired" and old fashion hotel. Just a few rooms have a sea view and some - partial sea view. We had a superior double room with a view directly to another hotel wall and some ruins, accompanied by the terrible noise of the air condition system (for 160 Eur per night). Room are laconic decorated.
Avoid public bathrooms, especially in the pool area - it is dirty and awful.
What is amazing at this hotel, the staff. Helpful, well informed, smart...
Our advise to the owners: destroy existing hotel, build new one and employ the same staff.

1 Thank JolantaVilnius
Nice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel. On arrival, we were a little disappointed in the size of the room as it was smaller than the photos made it seem. Furthermore we had paid for a superior double room and we were quite surprised to find that we didn't have a sea view. Otherwise, we were very comfortable there. The service was very good. The staff were very kind and obliging. We only had bed and breakfast so we didn't dine in the hotel but the breakfast was excellent.
The pool was very clean and for the most part quiet. The one negative I should mention is the fact that the hotel is situated on a main road. It's not particularly noisy as the hotel is slightly set back. However when walking to the beach, there is no pavement so it's not ideal. Otherwise, the hotel is well-situated, 5 minutes from the beach and the cableway which leads to the old town. On the whole, this is a very pleasant hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mazzaro
Hotel Baia Azzurra
Atahotel Capotaormina
Atahotel Capotaormina
#14 of 88 in Taormina
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,081 reviews

Been to Villa Esperia? Share your experiences!