“Verry Nice Resort-Poor food”

Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Galu Beach
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed 2 weeks november/december 2013.Verry nice and clean roomsNice big, clean pools.Friendly staff.Nice breakfast buffet,a lot of fruit,yogurt,egs to order,cornflakes,,,but lunch and dinner was not ok for a 4* Hotel.Verry often spare ribs(with no meat) osso Bucco,,,only the bone,and some poor pieces of meat in the gravy,goat !!!,dry moutton meat,small peaces of beef,already cooked,and they put it on the grill to warm up(like leather)spagetti to order,,,that was,okMost of the people where complaining,some told us that some years ago,it was perfect,at that time it was still Sentido group!!!! The vegetables where OK,,so if you are vegetarian,,,,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rolly04

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Neptune is exactly of waht you can expect form that kind of hotel:
PROs
- 0m to the beach. A very beautiful beach
- Nice swimming pools
- Very friendly service
- Large grass area for sunbathing
- Nice swimming pools
- Acceptable rooms - but who would sit in a room in this place

NEUTRAL
- Food is average

CONs
- Reception service is slow and not reliable. I.e. I still didn't get my invoice despite waiting +6 weeks
- Beach Boys are soooooooo... annoying. Some people got really frustrated with them and told me they will never come back

Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Neptune-Hotels, Manager at Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Mac Tka

Thank you for finding time to review our resort.
We are glad that you found our resort offered you a good deal.
However we have also taken note of the constructive criticism and this will be corrected.
There is always room for improvement and we will endeavor to do exactly that .
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my dream holiday, or so I expected. Beautiful setting, amazing pool, stunning beach, awful food. The staff were all very lovely, very helpful and not pushy as some people have mentioned. I travelled with my daughter in October and felt very safe as a single mum. Rooms are very basic but well maintained, there are mosquito nets over the beds and a mini fridge in your room. Well cleaned, only critisism is that the toilet didn't seem to flush that often. Lots of things to do, you have no excuse to be bored, I really enjoyed the aqua aerobics in the Indian Ocean and the beach walk that the animation team provided. If you go all inclusive as I did, the money you pay certainly went on the cost of the safari, it was magical and the highlight of the trip. They provided entertainment everynight including a African barbeque and some Masi came in and performed. The food however was terrible, my daughter came home with a confirmed case of salmonella which was very sad. Lots of choices but difficult to find anything well cooked. The chef did however cook for us on the last night some plain chicken and mash which was wonderful. A few tips, the diner is the place to eat, simple well cooked food. On your return from safari ask the guide to stop at the local supermarket to fill your fridge, diet coke is not on the all inclusive list and needs to be paid for as is bottled water. Ice cream is also not included on the all inclusive list. All in all a good holiday but was not the dream I was expecting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerrie K
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Neptune Resort, Broadbeach as I was attending a conference nearby. It was clean and comfortable and the staff all went out of their way to ensure I had all the information and assistance I needed.

The only thing lacking was free wifi to have made my stay perfect. I would definitely recommend this resort and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jayadhara
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I just spent three days this week at the Neptune Diani Beach and I was very pleased. The grounds are very nice, composed of villas which I believe vary in size (to be compatible for many differently sized groups). There is a fairly nice swimming pool facility including an in-pool bar, lots of pool chairs, a bar/snack bar and an area for dancing/performances during the night. The entire poolside area faces the beach/ocean which provides a very nice view for most of the day (especially sunset). Foodwise, the resort does a pretty good job. The group I was traveling with had an all-inclusive package, so food was already paid for (however, I heard it wasn't incredibly expensive as are most things in Kenya). The only problem with the food is that there wasn't much variation in food selection from day to day (not a huge deal though because it was good). There are also lots of Restaurants along the road which the resorts resides on, I'm sure you can find good food there as well. Something I found to be very cool is the presence of monkeys on the grounds. They are fun to watch but unfortunately they are afraid of men (but not women). I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, almost all of them greeted us throughout the day. To my regret, I was unable to take advantage of the fishing charters offered through the resort, if you're a fisherman like me, I'd suggest taking advantage of that. If you're looking for an enjoyable stay on the Kenyan coast within decent distance of the snorkeling/diving areas (the purpose of our trip), I'd highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: If you're a group of three as we were, you may want to looking into a larger room. We got a room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam c
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What can I say about Kenya....a fantastic country with so much too offer.
The hotel is in a magnificent location, right on the beach. There is so much space that you can always find a quiet spot if you want one.
We stayed in a round hut close to the pool, this was clean with loads of room and a nice balcony.
The pools and grounds of the hotel are very well maintained and the entertainment team are great....always a great show on in the evenings.
The food was good to average...the usual all inclusive fair. The beer was good but the spirits were okay!
We went on loads of trips booked either from JT across the road from the hotel or from the guys on the beach. JT was fantastic, I'd advise to book the safaris and longer trips from him as everything is thought of and included.
We also went into Mombasa and Wasini Island.
If you book a holiday in this hotal you won't be disappointed.
Kenya as a whole is a magical place that you really get to see if you venture out of the hotel...don't be scared to go for a walk, the locals are wonderful people.

Room Tip: Choose the round huts...loads of space, but you need to keep the windows locked due to the monkeys!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian12415
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed as a couple in this hotel for 15 days.

The hotel is beautiful with a more beautiful beach where you can walk for hours.
The staff is always very polite, everywhere you look you see staff working on maintaining the garden, pool, buildings .... and they deliver great work!! rarely seen a clean hotel like this.

The breakfast is very good, english breakfast, continental breakfast, and local delicacies.
Lunch and dinner are great! always plenty of choice and well prepared.
But the best are the desserts! much respect for the chefs!!

One of the best features of this hotel are undoubtedly the monkeys that roam here! you can spend hours fascinated at how these animals have their fun with each other and how they steal fruit from a sleeping toerist.

Like many who go to Kenya we have also done a safari, it was a three-day sfarai Tsavo East & West 'Salt lake.
We deliberately booked our safari with a local company, JT Safaris his office is right across the neptune village hotel!
His prices are lower than with the tour operators, and you get a much better service!!
As an example, we fancied a safari in a 4x4 jeep with another couple of friends. "if you book with neckerman or another big company than you will be put together with 8 other strange people in a small van NOT Idiaal "
But the jeep was no problem for Julius!!

As requested we got a Jeep with a guide, we stayed in the best lodges' voi lodge and salt lake lodge game drive "during our safari
After our game, we also booked 3 excursions through JT safaris.
1 day trip to Mombasa with guide. " 60% cheaper than Neckerman "
A bike ride and a trip to sacred forest.
Each trip was perfect!!

Cons of the hotel:

the person dressed in a white shirt who apparently was the manager.
was unkind to the staff in front of tourists!! This is a disgrace!!

The term ecotourism is nonexistent here! although the hotel is part of a group that can afford the extra effort.

Germans ;)

In brief
Fantastic hotel in a fantastic country full of wonderful people!!
And book your safari with the locals!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Waterlovers Beach Resort
Waterlovers Beach Resort
#2 of 29 in Diani Beach
Neptune Palm Beach Boutique Resort & Spa

Been to Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!