“clean beach”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Galu Beach
Nairobi, Kenya
“clean beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

a nice hotel, with friendly staff always ready to help very. clean rooms, and hotel, was there in december with family and had a good time. they have to improve on the desserts, as it was like having same dessert in the evenings. Reception area, too simple for a 4 star, .
overall had a very good stay! will recommend friends.
lots of activities throughout the day! was fun!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gitasheikh
Neptune H, Manager at Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Gitasheikl

Thank you for finding time to comment on our resort.
We value your comments which will go a long way in improving our services.
Again thank you for your contribution.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just got back from Neptune Paradise. Great beach. Wonderful staff overall. I sat on the beach on Sat Feb 22 at ~6pm and unfortunately I dropped my phone on the beach. Two days later I found out from two ladies who have a local seafood restaurant on the beach - Mvereni (right next to the area where I lost the phone) that some tourists found it (the same evening that I lost it) and informed them if anyone was looking for it they had returned it to the Neptune hotel reception. I informed the head of security and they asked the receptionists who had been working at that time, however they all denied having received any phone. Very disappoining! All my treasured holiday photos were on the phone and important information was lost. Security staff said that there was nothing they could do until they could confirm with the tourists where they delivered the phone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Neptune H, Manager at Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Christine

Thank you for your review on our resort.
We do cherish our clients and our goal is that they come and leave satisfied.
It is quite unfortunate that you lost your phone on the beach during your recent stay.
As the Beach is accessible to all the public we cannot control what happens there.
However our security team are still following up the case based on the leads you gave them.
Be rest assured that if anything crops up from the investigation we will let you know.
Thank you.
Geel, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed 2 weeks november/december 2013.Verry nice and clean roomsNice big, clean pools.Friendly staff.Nice breakfast buffet,a lot of fruit,yogurt,egs to order,cornflakes,,,but lunch and dinner was not ok for a 4* Hotel.Verry often spare ribs(with no meat) osso Bucco,,,only the bone,and some poor pieces of meat in the gravy,goat !!!,dry moutton meat,small peaces of beef,already cooked,and they put it on the grill to warm up(like leather)spagetti to order,,,that was,okMost of the people where complaining,some told us that some years ago,it was perfect,at that time it was still Sentido group!!!! The vegetables where OK,,so if you are vegetarian,,,,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rolly04
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Neptune is exactly of waht you can expect form that kind of hotel:
PROs
- 0m to the beach. A very beautiful beach
- Nice swimming pools
- Very friendly service
- Large grass area for sunbathing
- Nice swimming pools
- Acceptable rooms - but who would sit in a room in this place

NEUTRAL
- Food is average

CONs
- Reception service is slow and not reliable. I.e. I still didn't get my invoice despite waiting +6 weeks
- Beach Boys are soooooooo... annoying. Some people got really frustrated with them and told me they will never come back

Enjoy

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Neptune-Hotels, Manager at Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Mac Tka

Thank you for finding time to review our resort.
We are glad that you found our resort offered you a good deal.
However we have also taken note of the constructive criticism and this will be corrected.
There is always room for improvement and we will endeavor to do exactly that .
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Sandwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my dream holiday, or so I expected. Beautiful setting, amazing pool, stunning beach, awful food. The staff were all very lovely, very helpful and not pushy as some people have mentioned. I travelled with my daughter in October and felt very safe as a single mum. Rooms are very basic but well maintained, there are mosquito nets over the beds and a mini fridge in your room. Well cleaned, only critisism is that the toilet didn't seem to flush that often. Lots of things to do, you have no excuse to be bored, I really enjoyed the aqua aerobics in the Indian Ocean and the beach walk that the animation team provided. If you go all inclusive as I did, the money you pay certainly went on the cost of the safari, it was magical and the highlight of the trip. They provided entertainment everynight including a African barbeque and some Masi came in and performed. The food however was terrible, my daughter came home with a confirmed case of salmonella which was very sad. Lots of choices but difficult to find anything well cooked. The chef did however cook for us on the last night some plain chicken and mash which was wonderful. A few tips, the diner is the place to eat, simple well cooked food. On your return from safari ask the guide to stop at the local supermarket to fill your fridge, diet coke is not on the all inclusive list and needs to be paid for as is bottled water. Ice cream is also not included on the all inclusive list. All in all a good holiday but was not the dream I was expecting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kerrie K
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Neptune Resort, Broadbeach as I was attending a conference nearby. It was clean and comfortable and the staff all went out of their way to ensure I had all the information and assistance I needed.

The only thing lacking was free wifi to have made my stay perfect. I would definitely recommend this resort and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jayadhara
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I just spent three days this week at the Neptune Diani Beach and I was very pleased. The grounds are very nice, composed of villas which I believe vary in size (to be compatible for many differently sized groups). There is a fairly nice swimming pool facility including an in-pool bar, lots of pool chairs, a bar/snack bar and an area for dancing/performances during the night. The entire poolside area faces the beach/ocean which provides a very nice view for most of the day (especially sunset). Foodwise, the resort does a pretty good job. The group I was traveling with had an all-inclusive package, so food was already paid for (however, I heard it wasn't incredibly expensive as are most things in Kenya). The only problem with the food is that there wasn't much variation in food selection from day to day (not a huge deal though because it was good). There are also lots of Restaurants along the road which the resorts resides on, I'm sure you can find good food there as well. Something I found to be very cool is the presence of monkeys on the grounds. They are fun to watch but unfortunately they are afraid of men (but not women). I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, almost all of them greeted us throughout the day. To my regret, I was unable to take advantage of the fishing charters offered through the resort, if you're a fisherman like me, I'd suggest taking advantage of that. If you're looking for an enjoyable stay on the Kenyan coast within decent distance of the snorkeling/diving areas (the purpose of our trip), I'd highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: If you're a group of three as we were, you may want to looking into a larger room. We got a room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
#7 of 29 in Diani Beach
Waterlovers Beach Resort
Waterlovers Beach Resort
#2 of 29 in Diani Beach

Been to Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!