This hotel Should be wonderful, it has a beautiful setting, the beach is stunning but that is were it ends. They can't decide if they are one hotel or two. We were booked into Paradise Village but ended up in Paradise, I must say I was glad about this as it was quieter. All the entertainment was done in Paradise Village. My husband booked a surprise meal for me for valentines night at The cave restaurant which was excellent & he booked it through reception at Paradise. We then tried to book a meal at another restaurant & were told we had to go to the other hotel to do it, Paradise village. We wanted to go to Dianni Shopping centre & tried to book the shuttle at Paradise reception & were told we had to go to the other hotel to book it, Paradise village!
This is our 4th visit to Kenya & having stayed in 4 different hotels, I am sad to say this is the worst. I can only tell you about room 142. The great majority of the time we had no hot water, in order to tell anybody we had to walk up to reception as the phone in the room did not work. Eventually I found out where the emersion heater was but the maintenance man & reception could not believe that we would want hot water all the time. The towels are disgusting & they stink, that is if you get any. There were days where we did not get towels at all but they took away the dirty ones & there was one night where we did not get towels until 7pm. Our bed sheets only got changed once until we complained to the rep, so in two weeks our sheets were changed twice. They also don't seem to have any double sheets.
The floors in our room were not washed once while we were there& most of the time the bathroom was not cleaned.
We were in a ground floor room as requested & am I glad as when my husband lent on the fencing out on the terrace, it was broken.
To try & get a drink at the bar was a nightmare as they never seemed to have any staff, we even know of guests that just helped themselves as they got so fed up waiting. There were never enough glasses, so we always had to wait for them.
The food in the restaurant is definitely not up to standard, it was not hot enough & there was very little choice. We ended going over to Paradise village as their restaurant did keep the food hotter but still there was hardly any choices. I did not know that you could cut a leg of lamb so thinly, in fact given a gust of wind & it would have gone flying. My husband said he felt like Oliver Twist asking for more. We also suffered with stomach upsets, in fact I have never taken imodium so often. One day we were left with no toilet rolls.
If you want a sunbed you have to be up at about 6am or you have no hope of getting any, especially with shade. As a previous reviewer said the hotel is full of our European firends.
The safe in our room was broken when we hired it so we got somebody to come & look at it, they fiddled with it & then said O.K now. My husband put in a code & it would not work & the head of housekeeping said it is because number 1 & 2 don't work.
There were broken bits of sunbed lying around from the time of our arrival until we left & in the wind quite a few coconut tree branches came down narrowly missing guests.They did go around putting up signs warning of falling coconuts!!
Every time we asked to see a manager, they all seemed to vanish, the rest of the time they were sat in the bar watching sport.
The animation team were very good, they put on loads of things for guests who want to be involved but if you want to left alone, they don't hassle you.
The staff are generally very friendly & always greet you with "Jambo"
Generally this hotel could be really lovely but the management need a good kick up the bottom, it needs a lot of T.L.C & brand new towels & lots of them!
To be fair to them after we had made our complaint to the holiday rep,the management did treat us to a free lobster dinner at The Palms, which really was lovely.
My husband & I say there is nothing like a 4 star hotel & believe me, this is nothing like a 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa is set in a beautiful tropical garden. The 92 rooms are in makuti roofed cottages bungalows with only 4 rooms per unit. This gives you a relaxing and quiet holiday. Restaurants and bars form a perfect match between hotel and nature and offer a real African atmosphere. The Resort is located at the South Coast at the famous Diani Beach. Mombasa town at ca. 40 km, Moi International Airport at ca. 45 km and the nearby Ukunda Airstrip is only ca. 8 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Neptune Paradise Hotel Diani
- Neptune Paradise Village Hotel
- Neptune Paradise Village Ukunda