“Aviod at all costs”

Dining options: Reservations
Tuxford, United Kingdom
“Aviod at all costs”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Waverider was the first restaurant I visited on the island and the experience was dreadful, the service was appaling and the food, I can honestly say it ranks amongst the worse food I have ever had in my life. The restaurant is run down, the waitress who served us had no social graces whatsoever and gave the impression that she did't care one way or another whether she served us or not. I ordered a Tenderloin sizzler steak, what arrived was cold, very badly presented and I could have used the steak as shoe leather it was so tough, I had ordered medium to well done and what was on my plate was hardly cooked. I complained to the waitress, who without saying a word merely walked off and returned with a steak knife, when I then told her that I wasn't either eating or paying for the food she dissapeared altogether only to come back to the table when my friend had finished her food. Once back at the table she asked me if I would like some chicken to eat, I declined the offer and there then followed a protracted discussion about the bill, after approx 20 mins I think they finally accepted that I wasn't prepared to pay for inedible food. Other people may visit and have a totally different experience to mine but judging from the length of time other diners were waiting for their food I really do feel my experience of waverider is not unusual

Visited January 2013

Toronto
“In a word: Don't”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Regrettably chose this restaurant on the first evening of a family holiday....there were no diners when we arrived after a long day of travel. Our party of 6 ordered appetizers and various main course fish dishes. Appetizers were pricey and not at all memorable, other than the modest quantity for the price...things then got somewhat troubling as we waited over an hour for main dishes. Marlin was the "catch of the day", and it appeared they were out at sea attempting to catch 6 servings...4 servings arrived eventually at a staggered pace, with the final 2 servings of marlin disguised as stewed lamb with a generous emphasis on the bones...this fascinating substitution was not explained in any way, but was acceptable in the interest of avoiding a new time record for "slow dining"....we whiled away part of the hour making selections from an extensive choice of side dishes as explained by the server, only to discover that few of the selected dishes actually arrived....I, for example, was thrilled to find that my calypso rice closely resembled wedge potatoes. In fairness, I should mention the the beer was nicely chilled, and the proudly displayed Tripadvisor decal on the restaurant window was very comforting...surprisingly, we have not returned, and neither should you.

• Visited December 2012
london England, United Kingdom
“A must visit when you are Barbados if you want good food, great atmosphere and fun.”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Waverider restaurant and bar is a fantastic place to eat and the view of the is breath taking. On this trip we ate attended the restaurant twice because the food was so good; try the coconut shrimp excellent dish, Bajan fish cakes the best in Barbados by far. The restaurant prices are 50% cheaper than the restaurants in Holetown with comparable quality. Every Friday night there is a soul singer and saxaphone player (brilliant entertainment) dancing if you want to join is encouraged and great fun.

• Visited March 2012
Stambridge Essex
“Great Sunday lunch buffet”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stumbled across this little beach front restaurant, menu sounds good, but we arrived on a Sunday, no menu, just a very good buffet lunch 50BDS each fairly good value for the area.

Visited March 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We ate in this small restaurant twice on our recent visit. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Try and get a beach side table to savour he atmosphere. The food is simple but very good - the fresh fish is excellent. The restaurant represents very good value for money

• Visited January 2012