But settled for four out of five in the end. Why? Well call me picky but 5/5 implies pretty much perfection and this had a few things that made me unable to give it 5. Don't get me wrong there is a huge amount to like about this place and most of the staff are fab. Here is the good stuff:-
Quiet area but close enough to the 'posh' restaurants that a short drive or taxi will only take 15/20 mins. 'Tides' is the best restaurant.
Good staff (apart from the grumpy old guy behind the bar) and excellent help from Graham and Trevor in the office who are quite brilliant.
Fishpot restaurant is very good - probably best for lunch where it seems to attract a great trade. Need to find somewhere else to go for dinners as the menu eventually gets repetitive.
You can virtually step out of the restaurant into the warm, safe sea. Plenty of colourful fish to be see when snorkelling on the reef.
Rooms cleaned and looked after very well
Gym small but enough in there for a holiday.
Rooms not as big as they appear on the website
Needs some refurbishment in places - e.g leaky shower
Cat's tend to use the gardens outside our terrace for a toilet
Messy round the cabanas on the beach
Pools need an update - look very tired, missing tiles etc
Spa is a waste of space, one room and a drippy receptionist
No bar and you have to get your own drinks and take to the pools
You need to remember that this is not a hotel which can be both a good and bad thing - more freedom to do what you want but some services not available (e.g. Internet only works in the office)
Overall it is very good but we felt that the investment is going into the sister hotel (Atlantis) on the East Coast and LGH was probably suffering slightly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel located on the West Coast of Barbados. These individual cottages give the impression of a villa holiday but with the conveniences and amenities of a 4* hotel. This family-run hotel offers personalised service and authentic Caribbean charm and decor. The Fish Pot Restaurant is a well-known restaurant on the island serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and is known for its seafood offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, West Indies, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Little Good Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Good Harbour Hotel Saint Peter
- Little Good Harbour Barbados/Saint Peter Parish