“Took a long time to find this.......”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Peter Parish
Kings Beach Village
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have been to Barbados lots of times. always to the west coast and in various hotels. Colony Club, Lone Star, Tamarind, Coral Reef and a few Villas. So we know what to expect and what to pay. I have to say that we enjoyed Kings Beach more than anywhere.
The Pool is the best you will find--immaculately looked after by Richard who also looks after the bar very well indeed.
The Villas are grouped around the pool and the feeling is more like a private residence or club, where it never gets too busy, and there are always staff around to help.
Remember this is a self catering villa you are going to. You get some basics provided, but it is up to you to make what you want of your holiday. And you can do that here--and all at remarkable value for the location.
The owner, Martin, was on hand most of the time and nothing was too much for him or the staff.
Within walking distance you have a couple of great Bars and Beaches. Bomba's, 2 minutes walk is a lovely local bar and restaurant right on the beach. Mullins another 4-5 minutes walk is where you find a fine beach and restaurant open all day.
We don't think you can ask for more without paying serious money.
But that wouldn't be as fun as this.
Well done to Martin and Richard and also Suzanna who looks after reception. She was really helpful with some business paperwork and scanning I had to do whilst there.
Apparently I still owe Martin a Gin and Tonic for helping sort out a problem with my laptop.
I may have to go back to fulfil that promise.....

Room Tip: All Villas are good and overlook the pool. Further away from the road is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Clive H

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This has to be the best holiday we have ever had. We have just returned from two weeks in this wonderful privately owned resort/village. Our villa was overlooking the pool (which is the best kept pool we have ever seen) and the small team of staff and the owner/mangement do everything they can to assist.

The gardens are stunning and very well kept and the villas are extremely clean. I opted for the TV package - my husband says has never seen so many live football games available whilst I read a book poolosde.

The bar is stocked with internationally branded drinks biy at extremely low prices. (A banks beer is just $4.00 BDS)

There are some lovely beaches just a minute's walk away where you can opt for seclusion or a more lively affair at Mullins. (The KBV cocktails are less expensive and frankly are better).

We booked a car in advance - which was a good thing as other people we spoke to tried several companies and ended up paying a lot more than us.

We ate at the Cliff (which was super) but also locally from the local vans. That is the eauty of Barbados - you can opt for cheap or very expensive.

We cannot wait to return to this little gem. First class service from Martin's team from the moment we booked to the time that we had to leave.

(We opted for the late check out and we were allowed to keep our villa until 6 pm, for just an extra fifty dollars)

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 28 which overlooked the lovely pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was looking for a clean 1 bed apartment in the St James/Peter area that didn't cost the earth and had light and space, was quiet but safe. This place fit those requirements although at the peak rates I could have bought a round-the-world ticket for what a few weeks cost me here. The gardens are beautiful and everything works, but the furniture is very basic; don't expect to watch TV in comfort. The 'king' bed is the biggest disappointment: 2 not-so-good-quality twins held together only with a sheet. But what amazes me the most is that the marketing refers to this as 'luxury' yet the management doesn't supply bare basics like dish washing soap or dish washing tools, toilet paper or any hand soap. This is the first "luxury" apartment I've stayed at where these are not supplied. I had to go to Jordan's in Speightstown for these and other kitchen items but possibly I like to cook & eat at home more than most tourists. To me, that is the point of paying for an apartment instead of just a room. Oddly, although there are enough wine glasses for a small party the only drinking glasses are only 6oz. These are easy issues to overcome if you're staying awhile and don't mind buying basic essentials for a 'furnished' apartment, but I feel the host should have done this, not left it to me to do in my holiday time.

The staff are very friendly and look after the apartments, pool and garden very well. The gardens and landscape, as well as the layout and architecture of the villas, are all very pleasant. There were plenty of empty rooms on my visit and the whole atmosphere was very quiet and lovely even though my room overlooks the pool.

The pool bar is very popular, possibly because of the fact that this is where you need to be to use the free wifi; I was lucky I could use it from my dining table which is just opposite.

Just a mile or so north is Speightstown which is charming (buy delicious veggies from the street stalls) and a short walk up the road from KBV is Morganns, a rum bar that hums with activity most nights but especially on Sunday when there is Karaoke; the locals recommended the food there and the pork was delicious. There's a nearby bus-stop with frequent yellow buses to take you anywhere for $2 while entertaining you for free. Limegrove bar, cinema and 'lifestyle' shops are a 10 minute drive south. Just a hop further is the Supercentre which has a very well stocked but expensive supermarket.

One other note is that the beach here is not what it used to be - not only because of erosion but also because the big hotel across the street is closed. There are lots of rocks but if you like seclusion you'll be happy. I am traveling alone and have been told not to swim where I was the only person so I didn't go there alone. I prefer to drive down to the sandy beach behind what used to be the Ramshackle bar (which is unfortunately closed). The walk down to popular Mullins beach is treacherous but if you like living dangerously you'll love it as much as I do Mullins beach bar's Pina Colada.

Everything changes so you might find something different when you visit. And you really should visit! I hope Martin reads this post and takes time to think of how his guests could be more comfortable so you can enjoy your visit even more than I did.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 17 which was alongside the pool and had good breezes and views. Fortunately there w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank KangarooQueen
MartinRichards, Owner at Kings Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

It is a great shame that some people find it necessary to pick holes wherever they go. The vast majority of our reviews show that people are extremely happy and in fact delighted with their holiday accommodation at the Kings Beach Village. My understanding is that you arrived without a reservation over the New Year holidays (having checked out of your original accommodation on the south coast) which is why you ended up paying the full rack rate with us. My villas are rented on self catering basis which generally means that you buy your own groceries and any additional cleaning materials yourself at the supermarket. Within your rate we included a maid service every three days TV, WiFi and a full linen exchange.

Had you brought it to either my own or my staff's attention I would have been more than happy to provide different size glasses - if that is what was missing in your villa! When I met you the other day you said nothing, even though I asked you if you had everything you needed?

You booked a one bedroom villa (with single occupancy) so I am unsure why you would find it odd that there are only enough glasses for two/four people.

The WiFi extends to all our holiday villas and is not restricted to just the bar as you incorrectly imply. The bar is busy because that is where the majority of our happy and contented guests meet most evenings before dinner. You really should try it some time -you never know, you might meet a traveling companion for the future - or maybe not!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from a 2 week stay at Kings Beach Village (Sept/Oct 2013). The pictures although beautiful and enticed us to stay at Kings beach, along with reviews, just cannot do justice to the experience.
Martin (owner and Managing Director) and his delightful partner Julie are so welcoming, nothing is too much trouble and we felt we made new friends as we just completely clicked and spent some great evenings around the bar talking into the evenings. From the moment you step into the village it is apparent that the standards are extremely high that everything is meticulously kept. Their team of staff have such pride in what they do and are so friendly and welcoming too. The village is based on a Chattel design and so pretty , we travelled around the island sightseeing for a week and didn't see anything quite like it . The peace and tranquillity was just what we had hoped for , we felt most of the time that the pool was our own or shared with another couple as many of the villas are on long term lease so people are getting on with their normal lives unlike us tourists on rest and relaxation. The pool is approx 25 metres long so great if you want to do lengths, the pool temperature is just perfect for taking a dip to cool off from the glorious heat of the sun and must be one of if not the cleanest pool I have seen on holiday. The villas are set in gardens that are beautifully maintained (daily and throughout the day but so unobtrusively that you wouldn't know) and are planned in a way that each villa has its own privacy. Julie told me the village was Martins own design, he appears to have meticulous attention to detail in all that he does. Martin and Julie are extremely personable and run a hidden gem in paradise. We would definitely recommend a stay at Kings Beach Village. There are some restaurants within walking distance , there are regular buses that are very cheap, car hire is reasonable, the local supermarket is 15 mins walk and has a complimentary shuttle service back with your shopping. Mullins beach is close by but even closer we found a very private spot( turn right at the main road and on the left follow the temporary beach access sign) , we were by ourselves and took a picnic to the beach , it was also a lovely sea for a swim with palm trees for shade. The village bar is open from 11 am until we retired from it and Martin prices his drinks very reasonably ( he mixes a great Rum Punch by the way). We would definitely recommend a stay here if you want to relax in paradise. Great villa facilities and WiFi is available if you still feel you need to connect with the outside world. A huge thank you to Martin, Julie and the team for making our holiday better than we could have imagined and we had already imagined a piece of paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeesdaleMudpies
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Having just returned from a 3 week stay at Kings Beach Village, we can both say that this is a lovely place to spend you holiday. The individual villas are very pretty and the pool and gardens are beautifully kept. Martin (the owner) and his team are meticulous in keeping a very high standard throughout. The pool bar is a good place to meet up with fellow guests for a chat and exchange ideas on places to visit, can highly recommend the rum punch! The local beach is just a short walk away and good for swimming. There is a good supermarket a short distance away in Speightstown with a mini bus service to take you back if you need it. Also many local places to eat whether it's a snack or a 3 course meal. Car hire is a good idea for the convenience of getting around the island although the buses are frequent and just $2. a ride. Great place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnthonyS565
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just back from nearly three weeks at Kings Beach Village - our third visit!! The location is great and the whole site run and kept absolutely pristine - something the owner Martin Richards should be justly proud. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and the pool can only be described as the best kept in Barbados. The location is so peaceful but other locations including Holetown are within easy reach. Many thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hjsdarling
Reviewed 3 March 2013

If you are a family with boisterous teenagers, you'll hate it. The nearby beach is too quiet, with no activities. The pool here is long and thin -- good for lengths but no water slides and suchlike. It's a long way to anywhere with any nightlife. The other residents of the village are likely to be middle aged people, who will get upset when you hog all the sunloungers and spend the afternoon bragging loudly about your love life into your cellphones.

For the rest of us, it is perfect. Martin and his staff keep the village spotlessly clean. Everybody is friendly -- Martin, the staff, the long-term residents. Gardens are immaculate. The swimming pool is one of the best in Barbados, whether you want to put in serious lengths, or just swim for exercise. Many of the residents are long term, and tend not to use the pool, so you are likely to have it to yourself. The nearby beach is small, but good for swimming. Cobblers Cove and Mullins are easily walkable from here, for the best cocktails around. Very frequent buses serve Speightstown to the North (unspoilt Bajan town with good supermarkets) and Holetown to the South (tourist centre, good for watersports and expensive shops). There is a bar in the village, which is very reasonably priced. Key sports fixtures are likely to be playing on the TV in the bar, though rugby takes precedence.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa next to the pool. It's much better to be facing the pool and the bar, than t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank collideorscape
MartinRichards, Owner at Kings Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you very much for your subtle comments of which I of course endorse. Unfortunately we are unable to 'vet' all the guests that book to stay at the village and very occasionally we have to endure those that just do not know how to behave. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us - save for the group of noisy youngsters, which as I have said, is extremely unusual.

Martin Richards