All reviews walking distance fantastic location family holiday focal point staff are so friendly and helpful swimming pool beautiful resort great fun chloe fuzzy holetown units beaches grounds barbados island paradise
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This has to be the best holiday we have ever had. We have just returned from two weeks in this wonderful privately owned resort/village. Our villa was overlooking the pool (which is the best kept pool we have ever seen) and the small team of staff and the owner/mangement do everything they can to assist.

The gardens are stunning and very well kept and the villas are extremely clean. I opted for the TV package - my husband says has never seen so many live football games available whilst I read a book poolosde.

The bar is stocked with internationally branded drinks biy at extremely low prices. (A banks beer is just $4.00 BDS)

There are some lovely beaches just a minute's walk away where you can opt for seclusion or a more lively affair at Mullins. (The KBV cocktails are less expensive and frankly are better).

We booked a car in advance - which was a good thing as other people we spoke to tried several companies and ended up paying a lot more than us.

We ate at the Cliff (which was super) but also locally from the local vans. That is the eauty of Barbados - you can opt for cheap or very expensive.

We cannot wait to return to this little gem. First class service from Martin's team from the moment we booked to the time that we had to leave.

(We opted for the late check out and we were allowed to keep our villa until 6 pm, for just an extra fifty dollars)

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 28 which overlooked the lovely pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was looking for a clean 1 bed apartment in the St James/Peter area that didn't cost the earth and had light and space, was quiet but safe. This place fit those requirements although at the peak rates I could have bought a round-the-world ticket for what a few weeks cost me here. The gardens are beautiful and everything works, but the furniture is very basic; don't expect to watch TV in comfort. The 'king' bed is the biggest disappointment: 2 not-so-good-quality twins held together only with a sheet. But what amazes me the most is that the marketing refers to this as 'luxury' yet the management doesn't supply bare basics like dish washing soap or dish washing tools, toilet paper or any hand soap. This is the first "luxury" apartment I've stayed at where these are not supplied. I had to go to Jordan's in Speightstown for these and other kitchen items but possibly I like to cook & eat at home more than most tourists. To me, that is the point of paying for an apartment instead of just a room. Oddly, although there are enough wine glasses for a small party the only drinking glasses are only 6oz. These are easy issues to overcome if you're staying awhile and don't mind buying basic essentials for a 'furnished' apartment, but I feel the host should have done this, not left it to me to do in my holiday time.

The staff are very friendly and look after the apartments, pool and garden very well. The gardens and landscape, as well as the layout and architecture of the villas, are all very pleasant. There were plenty of empty rooms on my visit and the whole atmosphere was very quiet and lovely even though my room overlooks the pool.

The pool bar is very popular, possibly because of the fact that this is where you need to be to use the free wifi; I was lucky I could use it from my dining table which is just opposite.

Just a mile or so north is Speightstown which is charming (buy delicious veggies from the street stalls) and a short walk up the road from KBV is Morganns, a rum bar that hums with activity most nights but especially on Sunday when there is Karaoke; the locals recommended the food there and the pork was delicious. There's a nearby bus-stop with frequent yellow buses to take you anywhere for $2 while entertaining you for free. Limegrove bar, cinema and 'lifestyle' shops are a 10 minute drive south. Just a hop further is the Supercentre which has a very well stocked but expensive supermarket.

One other note is that the beach here is not what it used to be - not only because of erosion but also because the big hotel across the street is closed. There are lots of rocks but if you like seclusion you'll be happy. I am traveling alone and have been told not to swim where I was the only person so I didn't go there alone. I prefer to drive down to the sandy beach behind what used to be the Ramshackle bar (which is unfortunately closed). The walk down to popular Mullins beach is treacherous but if you like living dangerously you'll love it as much as I do Mullins beach bar's Pina Colada.

Everything changes so you might find something different when you visit. And you really should visit! I hope Martin reads this post and takes time to think of how his guests could be more comfortable so you can enjoy your visit even more than I did.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 17 which was alongside the pool and had good breezes and views. Fortunately there was not much noise from the pool, just distant voices from the bar visitors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank KangarooQueen
MartinRichards, Owner at Kings Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

It is a great shame that some people find it necessary to pick holes wherever they go. The vast majority of our reviews show that people are extremely happy and in fact delighted with their holiday accommodation at the Kings Beach Village. My understanding is that you arrived without a reservation over the New Year holidays (having checked out of your original accommodation on the south coast) which is why you ended up paying the full rack rate with us. My villas are rented on self catering basis which generally means that you buy your own groceries and any additional cleaning materials yourself at the supermarket. Within your rate we included a maid service every three days TV, WiFi and a full linen exchange.

Had you brought it to either my own or my staff's attention I would have been more than happy to provide different size glasses - if that is what was missing in your villa! When I met you the other day you said nothing, even though I asked you if you had everything you needed?

You booked a one bedroom villa (with single occupancy) so I am unsure why you would find it odd that there are only enough glasses for two/four people.

The WiFi extends to all our holiday villas and is not restricted to just the bar as you incorrectly imply. The bar is busy because that is where the majority of our happy and contented guests meet most evenings before dinner. You really should try it some time -you never know, you might meet a traveling companion for the future - or maybe not!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from a 2 week stay at Kings Beach Village (Sept/Oct 2013). The pictures although beautiful and enticed us to stay at Kings beach, along with reviews, just cannot do justice to the experience.
Martin (owner and Managing Director) and his delightful partner Julie are so welcoming, nothing is too much trouble and we felt we made new friends as we just completely clicked and spent some great evenings around the bar talking into the evenings. From the moment you step into the village it is apparent that the standards are extremely high that everything is meticulously kept. Their team of staff have such pride in what they do and are so friendly and welcoming too. The village is based on a Chattel design and so pretty , we travelled around the island sightseeing for a week and didn't see anything quite like it . The peace and tranquillity was just what we had hoped for , we felt most of the time that the pool was our own or shared with another couple as many of the villas are on long term lease so people are getting on with their normal lives unlike us tourists on rest and relaxation. The pool is approx 25 metres long so great if you want to do lengths, the pool temperature is just perfect for taking a dip to cool off from the glorious heat of the sun and must be one of if not the cleanest pool I have seen on holiday. The villas are set in gardens that are beautifully maintained (daily and throughout the day but so unobtrusively that you wouldn't know) and are planned in a way that each villa has its own privacy. Julie told me the village was Martins own design, he appears to have meticulous attention to detail in all that he does. Martin and Julie are extremely personable and run a hidden gem in paradise. We would definitely recommend a stay at Kings Beach Village. There are some restaurants within walking distance , there are regular buses that are very cheap, car hire is reasonable, the local supermarket is 15 mins walk and has a complimentary shuttle service back with your shopping. Mullins beach is close by but even closer we found a very private spot( turn right at the main road and on the left follow the temporary beach access sign) , we were by ourselves and took a picnic to the beach , it was also a lovely sea for a swim with palm trees for shade. The village bar is open from 11 am until we retired from it and Martin prices his drinks very reasonably ( he mixes a great Rum Punch by the way). We would definitely recommend a stay here if you want to relax in paradise. Great villa facilities and WiFi is available if you still feel you need to connect with the outside world. A huge thank you to Martin, Julie and the team for making our holiday better than we could have imagined and we had already imagined a piece of paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeesdaleMudpies
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Having just returned from a 3 week stay at Kings Beach Village, we can both say that this is a lovely place to spend you holiday. The individual villas are very pretty and the pool and gardens are beautifully kept. Martin (the owner) and his team are meticulous in keeping a very high standard throughout. The pool bar is a good place to meet up with fellow guests for a chat and exchange ideas on places to visit, can highly recommend the rum punch! The local beach is just a short walk away and good for swimming. There is a good supermarket a short distance away in Speightstown with a mini bus service to take you back if you need it. Also many local places to eat whether it's a snack or a 3 course meal. Car hire is a good idea for the convenience of getting around the island although the buses are frequent and just $2. a ride. Great place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnthonyS565
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just back from nearly three weeks at Kings Beach Village - our third visit!! The location is great and the whole site run and kept absolutely pristine - something the owner Martin Richards should be justly proud. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and the pool can only be described as the best kept in Barbados. The location is so peaceful but other locations including Holetown are within easy reach. Many thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple