Location: this beautiful Bed and Breakfast is situated near Bridgetown but in the beautiful garden with a beautiful view.
Hotel: it is not a really hotel, byt a very nice plantation house - Bed and Breakfast. It´s small, nice, romantic, pleasant, calm and really beautiful accomodation with amazing garden and pool - little lake directly in the tropical garden. It has only 7 rooms. Sweetfield Manor was owned by George and Ann Clarke and it was number 1 on Tripadvisor. But, it has been sold before a few weeks and now it has new management. That´s the reason, why it doesn´t have any reviews on Tripadvisor. We visitied Sweetfield Manor during the Christmas and it was the best time on Barbados.
Surroundings: hotel is located in a beautiful tropical garden, near Bridgetown. You should have the car for discovering town and island, but you can use also the taxi.
Accomodation: is nice, clean, pleasant, elegant. We visited Sweetfield Manor during the Christmas and we were alone there. Our room had a large terrace and it was directly in the beautiful garden with a little lake, where we could swim. Sweetfield Manor has an unusual concept. Guests have their own rooms, but also whole plantation house with kitchen, living-room, dining-room, terrace and garden, is open for them anytime. It´s a really amazing.
Breakfast: absolutely perfect. You have 4 course menu, which is prepare from fresh products, like fruits, eggs, juices, etc.
Food: Sweetfield Manor is Bed and Breakfast, so you have just breakfast here. There are some restaurants around, where you can have lunch or dinner, but you definitely need a car or taxi. Staff is a very helpful and nice and they help you with anything what you need. For example, we don´t have reservation for the Chrismas dinner (25th of December) and all restaurants were closed or full, so owners prepare for us cold cuts and dinner. It was a really nice, thank you a lot one more time!
Drinks: you can have drinks from the bar - there are waters, wines, beers, juices, or you can buy your own drinks and let them in the fridge.
Service: really very good without any problems
Staff: very nice and helpful
Advantages of this hotel:
- beautiful house with romantic and calm atmosphere
- very nice tropical garden, where you can see monkeys
- comfortable and nice accomodation
- very good service and attitude of the staff
- romantic and quite accomodation without crowds
- nice pool - little lake
- good and calm location
- very good breakfast and a few restaurants in surrounding
- free parking
- helpful and nice staff
Disadvantages of this hotel:
- prices are higher, but the quality was more then adequate
- not on the beach, but this accomodation isn´t about beaches and if you have car, it is not a problem
What you can do there:
- swimming in the little lake
- trips around the island
Our opinion: this was absolutely amazing accomodation on Barbados with very good staff, services and with the best breakfast. We truly recommend.
What you should know:
- the best choice is to rent the car
- hotel is around 30 minutes by car from the airport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This cozy plantation house turned Boutique Hotel was originally built in the early 1900's and still maintains its treasured antique quality with modern touches. Sweetfield Manor aims to fulfill the needs of many families, couples and business travelers looking for exclusive and relaxing lodging which is centrally located to the city and beaches. The Manor is nestled in tropical surroundings and perched on a hill overlooking the spectacular South Coast of Barbados. This hidden gem boasts seven (7) guestrooms, a beautiful lagoon-style pool surrounded by lush tropical foliage, whirlpool and waterfall. Sweetfield was awarded "the Best B&B in the Caribbean" by BedandBreakfast in 2008 and 2010, "Best in the Caribbean" by Island Magazine, winner of Trip Advisor's Travellers' Choice award in 2012 and the Certificate of Excellence 2013 and 2015 and winner of TripExpert's Experts Choice award 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sweetfield Manor Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed And Breakfast
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Hotel Saint Michael
- Sweetfield Manor Boutique Hotel Barbados/Saint Michael Parish