This Hilton property is in an excellent location in Barbados. No airport transportation, but very reasonable cab fare. We visited for one week January 2011 (this review is overdue). Excellent view from both island and ocean (we changed rooms midway to experience both). Grounds were beautiful, beach was amazing. We snorkelled just to the right of the hotel in Carlisle Bay (there's a wreck). Water clarity was not optimum,conditions were a little windy / water was cloudy...nonetheless, we saw lots of underwater marine life. The most spectacular part of our trip was swimming with sea turtles, right off a public beach (Coconut Court Beach) !!! No special tour necessary. However, we did take a Catamaran tour with Cool Runnings and had a really great time. We saw even more turtles. Cool Runnings offered the longest day on the water.
Most valuable tip: bring your own snorkel gear, as there are many opportunities for snorkelling without booking an excursion.
The only negative for me this entire trip - the Hilton Beds were a little harder than I'm accustomed to...This was a minor detail...and my husband and I both adjusted! Food a little pricey everywhere on the island.
There is an amazing Flying Fish Sandwich truck right on Carlisle Bay near the Hilton! Sandwiches were around $3.00 and Delicious! We tried this late into our stay, and wish we had tried them sooner!
Recommend renting a car and spending a lot of time on the West and South Coast. Bathsheba on the East Coast also worthwhile and beautiful! Highly recommend lunch at the Round House overlooking the coast at BathSheba...amazing view...crazy surfers!
People in Barbados are very friendly, and helpful. We will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Holiday Gems and Hotelopia so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish