We travelled with our 2 children for the first time to Barbados. The Hilton was selected fron several offered by the tour operator. Before we travelled I did have some concerns after reading some other postings. I really wasn't sure what to expect.
Upon arrival we were offered welcome drinks. We loved the open-air feel of the lobby straightaway. Having been to Dubai and stayed around the beach hotels we were a little disappointed with the lack of marble all around us but to be honest the hotel started to grow on us as our weeks stay progressed and by the end we felt very relaxed and comfortable by our surroundings.
Our room was on the second floor in the tower directly facing the sea and the light house. The room was large and spacious. The fridge didnot really get that cold for our liking. The TV was a litlle dated but did the job in keeping our 11 and 4 year olds occupied and distracted them sufficiently to give us a little respite. There is a kids club on the beach level and the staff seemed friendly enough. We only used it the once for our 4 year old who enjoyed herself at the Christmas party organised fro the chiildren where Santa surprised the kids at the end.
The room lacked enough storage space for clothes in our view for a family of 4. The balcony was nice if little used as we ended up on the beach or around the pool. The bathroom had a walkin shower and a bath.
House keeping were fine other than on one occasion when she completely missed cleaning room despite leaving the sign on the door but they apologised and at least gave us fresh towels for the evening. Bed turn over service was only offered when requested by us. They then left 4 bottles of water and some chocs for all of us. I could not understand why this could not be just done automatically and one had to call them to request it.
We only ever eat at the light house tower lounge for our breakfasts and by the poolside cafe/bar. Breakfast was fantastic and we didnot get bored with the choice of the good quality. We always requested and got a table outside because of the lovely weather. Food at the poolside was burgers, chips etc.The smoothies and the milk shakes are nice. They had a lunch buffet on Christmas day near the pool which was nice.
The beach is nice and wide. The sea is I think a little rough with the waves crashing in and most of the time the flag was on red and you needed to be careful of how far you went into the sea unless you were a good swimmer.
We found the staff to be friendly and warm and service good. Indeed we found the local people to be very courteous and nice where ever we went on the island.
There is bags to do in Barbados or you can easily spend the whole day around the pools or the beach at the Hilton. There are 3 pools and a hot tub/jacuzzi so it never got over crowded in the pools which I thought was really good.
I would recommend hiring a car - which we did for 4 days from the desk in the lobby, perhaps a little expensive than other hire companies but due to Christmas the other companies we tried had no vehicles left.
All in all had a really relaxed and enjoyable stay at the Hilton. I'm sure there are other good hotels in Barbados but we all said that we would return to the Hilton and that is the acid test in my view. If you stayed here I'm sure you would enjoy it although it is obviously a very personal choice at the end of the day. Have fun!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish