My wife, 2 daughters and I just returned from the Hilton Barbados from a 1 week stay. The Hilton is one of the few big name hotels on the island, and definitely one of the nicest.
Pros to this property are the cleanliness of the rooms and the property in general, nice pool area with a good amount of chairs and not too many people reserving them without actually using them. It's a great place to spend your first day or two, but you definitely want to get out and explore the rest of what this island has to offer. The proximity to Carlisle Bay to a huge advantage of this location, just know that depending on the tide you may not be able to walk past the Radisson without going out onto the main road.
Know that when it comes to dining options you will be fairly limited. On the resort there are three restaurants that are all quite expensive, even for breakfast and a quick lunch. There are plenty of other options for dining on the island but the location of the Hilton doesn't lend itself to walking to many of them. Don't miss Cuz fish shack which is a short walk off the access road, but outside of that and Brown Sugar you'll need to take a taxi or bus to get to most other stores or restaurants.
All in all, a great hotel and a good central spot to spend your vacation. Plenty of great beaches nearby and if you enjoy snorkeling or just a beautiful ride up the west coast, don't miss out on a Cool Runnings catamaran excursion. You can book through the Hilton concierge, they'll pick you up at the hotel and bring you back afterwards. A great crew that will make you feel at home , treat you like a local and bring you to some of the nicest beaches you'll ever see to swim with the turtles and enjoy a nice lunch.
The thing that stuck with me above all else in Barbados were the people. Everyone you meet throughout the island is very nice and helpful. As always, know your environment, but we had no issues exploring the local streets, parks, beaches and even Bridgetown. So go enjoy your time at the Hilton but don't forget to get out and explore this great island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Travelbag, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish