“Gluten Free & Gorgeous!!”
Review of Maas Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maas Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free & Gorgeous!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

At home in the uk my husband & I follow a gluten free and sugar free lifestyle. We saw an advert for Maas Cafe and had to pay them a visit. On our first visit we had open sandwiches on cassava bread, and my 2 children had cassava wraps filled with turkey and their own choice of veggies. I was able to put together my own smoothie incorporating many of the same ingredients I'd use at home. Followed by flourless choc cake & mango sorbet. The mangos are straight from the owners garden. The warm welcome we received from Cathy and her staff along with the delicious food meant we'd be returning again. Our 2nd visit was to sample the breakfast menu, again everything we ordered was delicious. Then it was time to return our hire car....but not to worry, as Maas cafe deliver to anywhere on the island, so we have also had lunch delivered. Our delivery included 3 different types of wraps, a cassava crust pizza topped with roasted veg, and apple pies!! All scrumptious. I can honestly say that this has been the best food we've had this holiday, and we've still got a few days left so we'll be placing another order for delivery. The menus are available to look at online and on Facebook.

2 Thank Mel G

USA
“IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER...”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We started going to the Maas Café in late December and cont’d thru till our holiday ended Jan. 7, 2012. You will never be disappointed! We wish we could go every day for life! Clearly the Maas Café has it all! Your insides will be clamoring for more, ‘cause u finally gave it nurtrition that is lip smackin’ good! We strongly urge anyone to visit for either breakfast or lunch ~ u will never be disappointed and your body will tell u to keep going back. Vita is the chef and she really knows how to make any food turn into a delicious treat and good for you. (I never liked fishcakes…I Do Now!). We wish we had the Maas Café in Northern, NJ USA...that would be excellent!

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“The only Gluten Free restaurant in Barbados”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I visted this place with my Wife on our honeymoon. They had a wide selection of 'bread' type foods that would normally be off limits to someone with a gluten problem. The use Cassava witch is naturally gluten free and do wraps, pizza, burgers and cheese cake using this!

The food was delicious and the portions were generous, lots of meaty topping on top of the pizza and the chocolate cheese cake was delicious. The service on this day was a bit slow but as an apology without complaining they didn't charge us for one of our courses. Very good value overall.

The owner of the clinic/restaurant also made an effort to come over and chat with us, she was very welcoming.

I would recommend to get a taxi to the place as it is located inland and is a bit hard to find otherwise.

Its a definite must visit for someone with a gluten problem who feels like having a pizza, wrap or piece of cheese cake!

• Visited December 2011