“Food variable, service good”
Review of Lighthouse Terrace

Lighthouse Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Lighthouse Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We ate at the Lighthouse three times during a week's stay at the Hilton. The first time was the evening we arrived and we didn't want to spend time looking for other places. The menu choices are a little limited, but the food was good, and for Barbados the prices are reasonable. The second time we decided to try the Saturday Asian Buffet since we are very fond of Asian food. It was very disappointing. The blurb promised a choice of dishes from various cuisines. There was essentially one dish from each of the major culinary sources: a Thai soup that was OK, General Tso's chicken from China, a stir fry (Mongolia??), an Indonesian type dish, Poppadoms (from India?) and a significant amount of sushi and sashimi (Japan). The sushi was some of the worst I have eaten. For ten years I visited Japan 3 or 4 times a year and even when I was in a place that the locals complained about, I never had anything this awful. It appeared to be made with the wrong type of rice and the rolls of rice appeared to have been machine prepared - they were square in cross section and did not appear to have anything on them except the fish which did not stick to the rice.
The last night of out stay (Tuesday) we returned. This time there was also a special "Chef's menu" - 2 courses for BBD$70 and three for something more. My wife took that and I ordered a salmon dish from the regular menu. Both were very good. There is a modest wine list, but it has a good South African Pinotage at BBD$80/bottle

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've been to this restaurant a couple times for the breakfast buffet which always has plenty of yummy options.

I chose to write this review, however, based on my dining experience a few nights ago. The Lighthouse Terrace restaurant at The Hilton is known for its theme buffet nights. This past Wednesday the theme was 'Bajan' night and the chefs did not fail to deliver. As a Barbadian, I can vouch for the fact that this was AUTHENTIC bajan fare and some of the best available on the island.

On entering there was a fresh lemonade stand (good lemonade by the way) and fishcake station by the hostess desk. There was a local tuk band playing Caribbean music throughout dinner and they even played the 'happy birthday' song for me when they found out I was celebrating my birthday that night.

On to the food....YUMMY! There was a variety of freshly prepared food to choose from; dishes included but were not limited to macaroni pie, rice and peas, candied sweet potatoes, cou cou (similar to polenta), steamed pudding, baked chicken, lamb stew, seasonal veggies, cole slaw, potato salad, chicken soup, bhul jol, pickled souse, pickled breadfruit, pickled calamari, freshly fried flying fish (on the spot), ham and I could go on and on..trust me!

Service was good as well; the hostess in particular was nice and checked in with the guests to make sure everyone was enjoying the food.

I have been to one other theme night (Italian) and the offering was not as impressive.

If you want to experience true Barbadian food.....go to the Lighthouse Terrace.

2  Thank BimChic
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We went on a Wednesday at 7pm to their Bajan buffet. The table and outdoor setting was nice and the staff was fine. I personally did not care too much for the food (even with the variety of options) which made it quite disappointing. Coupled with that, it was the most expensive meal we had on the island. Dinner for 2 was US$110 plus US$44 for a bottle of wine.
Unfortunately for them, I would not go back, at least for dinner anyways. There are way too many other options on the island that would provide a better total experience. The best thing they have going is their location as it's part of the hotel, providing you're not up for an evening out.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had dinner here after arriving late to the Hilton. Very convenient to hotel guests as it is right in hotel lobby area. High point was the creamed okra soup special: very well done. Other courses were average - flying fish, angel hair pasta. Service was pleasant and low-key. Cost of dinner and drinks was low compared to other Barbados restaurants. The Grille restaurant across the hall seemed more upscale but was closed when we arrived (closed Sun and Mon). Bottom line: dine here if you don't want the trouble or bother to venture outside the hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I visited the Lighthouse Terrace for breakfast on January 10th 2012 and had a fantastic experience. From the warm and welcoming reception at the Hilton’s front desk to that at the entrance to the restaurant. We were promptly taken to our table on the inside along the window. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, an omelette station where you can also have eggs done sunny side up, pork sausages, baked beans, cream of wheat, turkey hash, Cajun potatoes, bacon and French toast. There were also croissants, muffins, danishes, banana bread, sweet bread, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit salad and other fruits such as pineapple and cantaloupe and also a cereal station. For beverages a good selection of juices are available including orange, apple and Bajan Cherry. There is also a good selection of teas and coffee is abundant.

Overall the food was absolutely delightful and extremely filling. The service was equally fantastic and very attentive. This is by far the best breakfast buffet in Barbados and was just $60 BBD VAT and Service Charge inclusive. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking to have a fantastic breakfast right on the beach. They also offer à la carte dining for lunch and dinner and at established times, there are buffets for lunch and dinner. You can either dine inside (air-conditioned) or outside on the expansive terrace. Well done Hilton Barbados! I shall definitely return very soon.

2  Thank BGIWorldTraveller