“Superb hotel”

Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel was great staff were helpful and really friendly water sports staff couldn't do enough to make your stay relaxing .would love to visit again really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Airdrie2012

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Having spent 7 nights staying at turtle beach I cannot recommend this resort enough. Absolutely amazing is the only way to describe this resort. The staff are always there to help and so polite. Nothing is too much trouble and your welcome is always told to you whatever the question. Whilst staying as a family at the turtle beach it was our mothers birthday, after speaking to the staff after breakfast it was arranged that a surprise cake would be presented to her after our evening meal. Which was duely done and was followed with flowers and a card signed individually from all the staff which was superb. The watersports was perfect and captain Sam and Ricki provided all the advice and fun needed on the beachfront. Personally recommend the catermeran. Food is always available and is very good quality and the menus are changed daily so as not to get repetitive. Overall quite stunning and have rebooked for next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from a most fabulous holiday. My wife and I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. The food was indescribable absolutely truly mouth watering. The hotel staff could not do enough for our stay. Exceptional in every way. I have no hesitation in advising people to go to this hotel.

10  Thank Jon T
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We just returned today from a wonderful 7 night stay at Turtle Beach Resort. All the positive reviews we just read say it all -- it's fabulous with absolutely no down side to anything. The resort is lovely and minutes away from the airport. The food is exceptionally delicious with so many choices that would please each and every palate. The staff is so warm, friendly and helpful. We met guests who have returned here for many years; some 4+ years and others 16+ years and several others. Why go someplace else they said when it's just so perfect here! We agree.

The waterfront sports team is second to none. Captain Sam and his crew ensured our beachfront days were comfortable and memorable.

Thanks Turtle Beach, we'll be back.

7  Thank skhoward
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently spent 6 days and 5 nights at this resort and had one of the best vacations of my life. I planned to propose to my girlfriend, and arrange for a private dinner on the beach ahead of time. Not only did they help me set up the private dinner, but to my surprise, the hotel (thank you Sherrie Ann!) upgraded our room for free to an Ocean Front Room in lieu of an Ocean View Room! After the dinner, we returned to our room only to find a bottle of complimentary champagne and exotic flowers laid out everywhere! The resort really went above and beyond what was expected.

The Good: The beach is absolutely stunning, and the included watersports are a nice plus (motor sports and surfing lessons cost extra). The grounds are kept in great shape, and the rooms are really clean. Most of the staff is super friendly, but every once in awhile you run into someone who is not just that thrilled to be there. The bartenders take good care of you (see Ryan, he makes the best drinks), and the free internet cafe is nice if you have to check emails every so often. The location is pretty good, you are right next to the St. Lawrence Gap (nightlife) and a short cab ride away to Oistins (for the weekend fish fry). It's about a 25 minute cab ride to Bridgetown, but I didn't really need a reason to go there. While it is a family friendly resort, I did not have any issues going here for a romantic getaway. The kids have their own pool, and the beach is large enough to get away and relax if you want to. If I had kids, I would have no problems taking them here as well.

The Not So Good: I thought the food was good, but not great. The morning buffet gets a little old, but there is enough there to mix things up for a week or so. I found the meat dishes to be pretty dry everytime I ordered them. Asiagos was good, but I didn't realize you had to buy your own wine. Not a big deal, but just something I wasn't expecting. I also didn't find the entertainment to be that captivating. So if you are looking for a place to stay up late and drink like at a club...this is probably not your place. The bar did stay open til about 12:30pm...so we just stocked up on drinks and went back to the room. Also, the bed we stayed on was pretty firm, so I didn't have the easiest time staying asleep.

My Advice: If you are looking for a relaxing getaway either as a couple or family, this is your place. I wanted a vacation where I could relax and be somewhate pampered, and that's exactly what I got. If you are a foodie, and want to see a bunch of the sites everyday....then maybe this isn't your spot (I mean, why do all inclusive if you aren't going to be there or eat there?). But that's not to say you can't go visit some of the local attractions (i.e. Flower Forest and Harrison's Cave) at your own convenience. The beach is super nice, and I didn't find a real reason to go look for another one ( I went to the Hilton and it was nice but extremely small).

Room Tip: The Ocean Front Rooms were amazing....totally worth it if you can afford it. They had a breath takin...
2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We wanted to write a review of Turtle Beach where we recently got married - if you're thinking of booking a holiday, wedding or honeymoon here I have one piece of advise - Do it! I can't speak highly enough of the hotel and it's staff who are all very friendly, nothing being too much trouble. I would like to single out in particular the 3 amazing ladies who organised our wedding - Juliette Sandiford, Rosalind and the lovely Sinead (on whom our 3 year old has quite a crush!). The food at Turtle Beach was so much better than I imagined - with most all inclusive holidays the food can be quite repetitive but at Turtle this is no issue - there is a choice of 3 restaurants, each having different menus every night, boredom most certainly didn't set in! I assumed we would be eating buffet style most nights, this was not the case - only 3 nights out of 14 were buffet, but again very nice food. Food hygiene was again excellent - staff were often checking temperature of the food with the kind of equipment we use in the UK. We will be returning to Turtle Beach most definitely.

Room Tip: We paid a little more for a sea view room, which was lovely - we could hear the sea from our room, f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Gemma B
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 10 day trip to the turtle beach. We had a lovely time. The food, staff and rooms were excellent. The rooms were clean, bright and large. We had a ground floor pool/garden room which looked out on to the beach. The food was excellent especially the al la carte menus. The hotel was at one end of the gap. Any night life was at the other end, which meant a long walk and nothing seem to happen until 11pm. The hotel was placed on the best part of the beach. There were plenty of sun beds and sun canopies. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Easy access for people with disabilities, with lifts and slopes. My only complaint is that there isn't much to do during the day. It needs to lay on more activities. We had water aerobics one day where one person joined in and darts also with the one person. The entertainment during the day needs to be improved. That was our only complaint.

Room Tip: Pool garden view also had sea view at no extra cost.
1  Thank Sungodess_14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Yellow Bird Hotel
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
#7 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hot...
#4 of 26 in Saint James Parish

Been to Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels? Share your experiences!