Just got back from a great stay at this resort. How could someone ask for anything more? Great food, drinks, entertainment, location, beach..... Here's a brief rundown.
Flight: Air Canada.... I must say, faith has been restored. The in-flight entertainment (movies, tv shows, etc) made the 5 hours journey go by quick.
Transfer to and from airport: A breeze.
Resort in general: small and cozy... nothing is too far.
Rooms: Wow!! We were in a 4th floor, ocean front suite. King size bed was very comfy and the fridge was cold. Lots of hot water. The free in room safe is a key less one, so no worries about loosing the key. TIP: DO NOT program the code when you are drunk.... it makes it very difficult to remember your 4 digit code to unlock!! :-)
Food and Restaurants: One of the best... fish, chicken, thick juicy burgers cooked to perfection, made to order wraps, and all the sides. ALL kept hot or cold... no worries about getting sick here.
Entertainment: Really,... not that bad. Yes it ended at 10 pm, but the resort is a hop, skip and a jump form the nightlife on the Gap if you wanted to keep the party going.
Beach: Not overly long, but white sand and very clean. Great wave action for boogie boarding. But could be a bit much for a small child.... but we saw many kids playing in the wave under the watchful eye of a parent.
Beach Staff: Captain Sam made that we were well taken care of. Ricky (I called him Lefty cause he stubbed his toe on a chair and wore only one aqua sock to protect his toe), Dario and Amara were the real stars of the beach staff. Need a chair? No problem! Fresh towel? No problem! How many boogie boards do you want? I'll bring them to you. These guys worked their butts off. They are true friends. One evening we were walking back from the Gap and met up with them after their shift. Dario offered us his bicycle if we wanted to use it. Where else but Barbados would you experience this?
The whole bird issue: This resort spent a lot of time and energy training these birds to fly in and out of the open air restaurants. They were trained to fly up close to guests in an apparent attempt at pecking away at your head. Ok, enough fooling, we actually found the birds quite entertaining. It was always a game for us to pick a bird and plot it's next move... the winner not having to get the next round....
All in all, great resort. We make our trips our own and have fun. PM me if you have any specific questions.
Barbados is truly a unique place... Everyone is friendly and polite and make you feel at home. Even the beach vendors! We'd just tell them "no thanks" and they were like "Hey no problem! Enjoy the rest of our vacation and welcome to Barbados!!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Destinology, Priceline, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados